Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

15 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Seen some of the comments on BBC about Starmer cleared by Durham police. What a load of bitter and twisted right wing loons. 

It doesn't matter if they had fined him, he wasn't the one banning parties and telling the nation what not to do.

• Like 1

lets wee who the tories choose before deciding if starmer is an electoral asset or not.

someone like tugendhat is unsullied although i doubt the membership are going to choose someone who was anti brexit in 2016. 

32 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Me, Streeting. He’s younger has more drive and ambition, and is more left leaning than Starmer, without being extreme left,(as far as I know) though I’m not sure whether being a remainer would count against him. 

choosing someone left leaning is too easy a kill for the msm in this country.   i don't think having been a remainer will matter in a GE - the parties have both indicated that there is no going back. (yeah - sure - we believe everything we're told). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It doesn't matter if they had fined him, he wasn't the one banning parties and telling the nation what not to do.

well it does because he made a commitment that he would resign if he was.  he has reasserted that this was to illustrate that there are politicians who do have the courage of their conviction to do what they say they'll do if they've not met the standards expected of leaders.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Got battered here though lol

How he has the nerve to say anything about anyone is beyond me, same as Tony Blair. How can you call out other peoples moral compass when you've contributed to killing thousands of innocent lives.

Sadly, if politicians didn't we'd have not many left, as plenty seem to be morally corrupt!

I agree with what has been said above as well, I would vote for LDs or Keir and Labour if there was a GE tomorrow, he's middle of the road and he'll swoop up plenty of ex Tory voters.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Me, Streeting. He’s younger has more drive and ambition, and is more left leaning than Starmer, without being extreme left,(as far as I know) though I’m not sure whether being a remainer would count against him. 

To be fair, Boris literally wrote a Remain & Leave article during the referendum, it was only 11th hour (perhaps realising that Leave had a decent chance behind it) did he actually fully commit behind the Leave campaign. 

The issue is that between both Labour and the Tories, none of the Pro-Brexit MPs have ever been particularly promising. The best you’re gonna get is formerly Remain politicians realising we aren’t rejoining any time soon, and pledge to make the best out of it, as seems Labour’s current platform. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I think it’s more down to his personality changing with age rather than him being a Tory. 

It’s bizarre considering all of his children and in-laws work in social sector roles and have all suffered from Tory cutbacks and pay freezes. It’s like he hates us all…but me in particular. 

I’ve spent a lifetime treading on eggshells, it was a wave of relieve when I cut him from my life. 

Johnson effectively convinced them that he was the anti-establishment. He gaslight them all. The truth has come out now for all to see that Johnson is at the centre of the establishment. Hopefully people will never fall for it again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Johnson effectively convinced them that he was the anti-establishment. He gaslight them all. The truth has come out now for all to see that Johnson is at the centre of the establishment. Hopefully people will never fall for it again. 

They will, they always will. And I will always hate the con-artists of our world for it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

BBC News - Ex-Chancellor Rishi Sunak launches bid to be Conservative leader

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62099272

To be fair he has a job to finish. Hasn't quite completely killed off the poorest in society just yet. It's very admirable that, despite being wealthy enough to never work again, he's still committed to making life as difficult as possible for those less fortunate than himself. What a guy.

This has really surprised me, a Tory chancellor who most Tory members probably hate for his consistent raising of taxes and the amount of money he's spunked up the wall. 

And lest we forget us the electorate, who all know what this man is about, his finances already been leaked. I genuinely thought he was going to be smart and get a silicon valley job like a Clegg

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

This has really surprised me, a Tory chancellor who most Tory members probably hate for his consistent raising of taxes and the amount of money he's spunked up the wall. 

And lest we forget us the electorate, who all know what this man is about, his finances already been leaked. I genuinely thought he was going to be smart and get a silicon valley job like a Clegg

I thought the same. Sometimes there's a lot to be said for the art of knowing when it's best to just **** off. 

25 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

BBC News - Ex-Chancellor Rishi Sunak launches bid to be Conservative leader

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62099272

To be fair he has a job to finish. Hasn't quite completely killed off the poorest in society just yet. It's very admirable that, despite being wealthy enough to never work again, he's still committed to making life as difficult as possible for those less fortunate than himself. What a guy.

He's a two-faced conniving, unbelievably wealthy ****ing careerist who just wants power. Watch him get into office as well, because this country is full of gullible flag shaggers.

His wife is one of the richest women in India ffs.

I am so so done with these people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

He's a two-faced conniving, unbelievably wealthy ****ing careerist who just wants power. Watch him get into office as well, because this country is full of gullible flag shaggers.

I think the flag shaggers will be the ones who stop him getting in infairness 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Tbh I think it’ll end up between Truss and Sunak in the end and Truss will win.

• Like 1