Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

37 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Tbh I think it’ll end up between Truss and Sunak in the end and Truss will win.

Not a chance! Sunk will win and then screw us all for the rich 

Edited by chapero82

10 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

He's a two-faced conniving, unbelievably wealthy ****ing careerist who just wants power. Watch him get into office as well, because this country is full of gullible flag shaggers.

His wife is one of the richest women in India ffs.

I am so so done with these people.

Totally agree with all of this. When you're as wealthy as him, the only reason to do that job is to gain influence, and he's proven beyond all doubt that he has no interest in using that influence to make life better for the vast majority and so therefore, the only logical concluson is that the influence he craves is ultimately driven by sheer greed and ego.

He may well get in though because he has nice hair and a nice smile and that's enough for many. People liked Boris because he had funny blond hair - didn’t matter that he was so clearly a Grade A **** and always had been.

45 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd happily vote for anyone who means I don't have to see politics in the news every day. Like a good referee, we need a prime minister who noone talks about. 

Sadly I think modern politicians see themselves as celebrities. 

I still think Labour can capitalise on this feeling even though people keep saying Starmer's dullness will work against him. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

My parents are typical blue rinse OAP Tories.

They said they hoped Johnson would become PM. I told them that I did too, as he would consign the party back to the bin for a generation. They wouldn’t listen to reason or consider evidence about why he was a hopeless cock.  

They celebrated and gloated when he won the gig. I didn’t speak to my father again until late last year. He was a vile c*** about it, Brexit and other stuff. 

They are voting for Starmer. 

I thought I’d test the water with my dad last week, as he was on his way out I asked him if he still thought 
that Brexit was a good idea, his reply was, “Michael if we hadn’t got out when we did the French would be

patrolling the streets by now”. So no change there.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

well it does because he made a commitment that he would resign if he was.  he has reasserted that this was to illustrate that there are politicians who do have the courage of their conviction to do what they say they'll do if they've not met the standards expected of leaders.

Okay, so it matters to him but that's not my point, which is that Starmer wasn't the one breaking his own rules.

• Like 1

The history of parliamentary democracy in this country changed radically at the end of the 2nd WW. Six years of suffering and concerted defiance of Fascism produced an electorate that was determined to change the idea that the aristocracy, in the guise of the Tory Party, were somehow, by divine order, the country's natural leaders. Kicking Churchill out was evidence that deference was no longer acceptable. 

I'm not sure why the country voted him back in in 1950. Perhaps people became anxious about Labour's radical changes and about how the status quo had altered so rapidly and enormously. Perhaps they wished to thank Churchill for his war leadership - even though he was burned out by then.

From then on, up until Thatcher, who was lower middle-class and an academic, Tory landed gentry had shared power with Labour intellectuals. During that period there were enormous problems in changing from an imperial power, where the colonies had been a cheap source of labour and material, to an almost bankrupt European state. America took over and Britain was left floundering in its wake.

Joining the Common Market was seen as a way of stabilising a hugely damaged group of war-torn countries. Even Thatcher deigned not to threaten our membership. Major, also a non-aristocrat was also astute in thinking it was better to be in the EU.

It took a Tory aristocrat, Cameron, to put his personal position above that of the country and hold a referendum to silence his critics in the Tory Parliamentary Party and Tory Party members. Put Party before country is the Tory way.

Cameron lost out and resigned. He's responsible for allowing the s***s who wanted the UK out of the EU to get a foot in the door. People who'd lived through the litany of austerity had little to choose between New Labour and Cameron/Osborne elitism. Johnson led the anti-EU faction on the good-times-ahead lie and the population fell for it. Why blame themselves for selfishness, apathy and political naivety when you can choose a handy, foreign scapegoat? 

We appear to have lost all the Tory politicians who had a moral compass and a grasp of finance when the great expulsion of the Tory Remain MPs took place. They all knew Johnson was a spectacular narcissicist and chancer. But the public loved his floppy-haired charm. Now we have the rise of the modern Tory MP - chosen for his or her electability rather than ability. That's the nub of the problem - the modern Tory MPs are not in politics with a sense of duty and responsibility, but to enjoy the ride and make sure they keep their privileged position. Instead of being honest and calling for a general election we now have the same farce of the Tory Party deciding who is to govern us. And don't tell me politicians have always been this way. The aristocrats have subtlety become idiocrats. A government reflects its country.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"restore trust" - you've been lying about your finances, your wife's visa status, your residence, your lockdown lawbreaking, and have lied on behalf of Johnson.

"rebuild the economy" - who wants to tell him who's been in charge of the economy the last few years? who wrote off £13bn in fraud?

"reunite the country" - coming from a government that is causing division.

**** off Fishy Rishi.

Do you mean to tell me you're not #Ready4Rishi

Guest Col city fan

It’s hardly surprising people are sick to the back teeth of politics and especially politicians.

Politics and corruption go together like strawberries and cream.

The hypocrisy of it is both astounding and bewildering. 
Those very same characters who, only a few months ago were kissing Boris’ fat arse, are now calling him everything from a pig to a dog.

Sunak is as sleazy as they come too.

Makes me sick the whole lot of it tbh.

10 minutes ago, Guest said:

Do you mean to tell me you're not #Ready4Rishi

No he's a sinister tax avoiding wealth supremacist Jim Henson reject who's been complicit in this shitshow of a government for the last 7 years.

Nah he's a cvnt.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, gerblod said:

The history of parliamentary democracy in this country changed radically at the end of the 2nd WW. Six years of suffering and concerted defiance of Fascism produced an electorate that was determined to change the idea that the aristocracy, in the guise of the Tory Party, were somehow, by divine order, the country's natural leaders. Kicking Churchill out was evidence that deference was no longer acceptable. 

I'm not sure why the country voted him back in in 1950. Perhaps people became anxious about Labour's radical changes and about how the status quo had altered so rapidly and enormously. Perhaps they wished to thank Churchill for his war leadership - even though he was burned out by then.

From then on, up until Thatcher, who was lower middle-class and an academic, Tory landed gentry had shared power with Labour intellectuals. During that period there were enormous problems in changing from an imperial power, where the colonies had been a cheap source of labour and material, to an almost bankrupt European state. America took over and Britain was left floundering in its wake.

Joining the Common Market was seen as a way of stabilising a hugely damaged group of war-torn countries. Even Thatcher deigned not to threaten our membership. Major, also a non-aristocrat was also astute in thinking it was better to be in the EU.

It took a Tory aristocrat, Cameron, to put his personal position above that of the country and hold a referendum to silence his critics in the Tory Parliamentary Party and Tory Party members. Put Party before country is the Tory way.

Cameron lost out and resigned. He's responsible for allowing the s***s who wanted the UK out of the EU to get a foot in the door. People who'd lived through the litany of austerity had little to choose between New Labour and Cameron/Osborne elitism. Johnson led the anti-EU faction on the good-times-ahead lie and the population fell for it. Why blame themselves for selfishness, apathy and political naivety when you can choose a handy, foreign scapegoat? 

We appear to have lost all the Tory politicians who had a moral compass and a grasp of finance when the great expulsion of the Tory Remain MPs took place. They all knew Johnson was a spectacular narcissicist and chancer. But the public loved his floppy-haired charm. Now we have the rise of the modern Tory MP - chosen for his or her electability rather than ability. That's the nub of the problem - the modern Tory MPs are not in politics with a sense of duty and responsibility, but to enjoy the ride and make sure they keep their privileged position. Instead of being honest and calling for a general election we now have the same farce of the Tory Party deciding who is to govern us. And don't tell me politicians have always been this way. The aristocrats have subtlety become idiocrats. A government reflects its country.

Although fading from living memory we have a lot to thank for the landslide Labour victory of 1945. I still think some Tories would like to take us back to the 1930s . Workers know your place and all that

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

"restore trust" - you've been lying about your finances, your wife's visa status, your residence, your lockdown lawbreaking, and have lied on behalf of Johnson.

"rebuild the economy" - who wants to tell him who's been in charge of the economy the last few years? who wrote off £13bn in fraud?

**** off Fishy Rishi.

He just knocked that up in 24 hours 

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

He's a two-faced conniving, unbelievably wealthy ****ing careerist who just wants power. Watch him get into office as well, because this country is full of gullible flag shaggers.

His wife is one of the richest women in India ffs.

I am so so done with these people.

I can't think of one mainstream politician of any mainstream party that isn't in it for power rather than integrity and honesty. They'd sell their kids if it meant getting to the political pinnacle. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

**** off Fishy Rishi.

If that was his mum in 2022 she would have been sent off to Rwanda 

• Thanks 1