Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

20 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The problem with Labour is, unlike the Tories, their base will, inexplicably, not vote for them as a matter of principle. 

It's only really been Boris that has put off SOME tory voters but many have willingly continued to vote. But the Labour people will argue themselves blue in the face about why Starmer is too "right wing", etc etc. 

It's absolute lunacy, in my eyes and gives Starmer yet another hill to climb. 

I think when push comes to shove and in the noise of an election, the people on the left will eventually vote for Labour. I do agree though, the left of Labour are more vocal about Starmer than the appallingness of the current government. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think when push comes to shove and in the noise of an election, the people on the left will eventually vote for Labour. I do agree though, the left of Labour are more vocal about Starmer than the appallingness of the current government. 

Much as it pains me to say it, there are more than a few self-hating lefties. I see them on my FB feed and I just scratch my head.

13 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

That is disgusting.

We should be teaching our children the good old-fashioned British 2 finger 'V' salute ... not this American/European middle finger crap!

So true and it has to be taught correctly using the classic wrist movement. Particularly effective again the French, Pluck yew

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

A Hunt/McVey combo is on a par with Doris/Fabricant.

They all need to disappear.  Needs someone to come in completely detached from the current ****show.

Agreed. There were 107 new Conservative MPs at the last GE, so there should be someone amongst that group who would be suitable. Alicia Kearns, ticks quite a few of the right boxes, for me at least, having read about her background on Wiki. Finland and New Zealand both have a youngish woman in charge, so why not us? They are, respectively, the happiest and tenth most happy countries in the world!

Is this a deliberate ploy by the Tories?  They know the economy is about to implode and probably don't want to be left holding the tiller. 

Are they hoping that labour force a vote of no confidence, go to a GE, let labour get in and then put the economic implosion on them?

Further reinforces the believed rhetoric that "labour can't manage the economy" etc???