Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Penny moron….I mean mordaunt has has to edit her campaign video after including images of Jonnie peacock (without his permission) and Oscar pistorius (who may not have objected )

also one of jo cox still in there because presumably penny hasn’t had an objection from her ……

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

:blink:

lmao

I know it's a bit of a cliche to say 'I thought at first it was a piss take' but...

At the same time I unironically quite like stirring jingoistic stuff like this but probably would have tried not to make it so similar to the Day Today clip 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

lmao

I know it's a bit of a cliche to say 'I thought at first it was a piss take' but...

At the same time I unironically quite like stirring jingoistic stuff like this but probably would have tried not to make it so similar to the Day Today 

Updated!

I prefer the splash video on youtube though tbf.  Quite the entrance lol

14 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Updated!

I prefer the splash video on youtube though tbf.  Quite the entrance lol

I like when it says "these values matter more now that any time in our history" in front of a neolithic rock formation.

I don't know if this is the right thread but it's absolutely insane that no one is talking about the fact the ex Japanese prime Minister was just murdered in broad day light (i mean it's understandable given the fact that the Uk is an absolute sh*t show more than ever). Rip of course but i just find it crazy. Good reminder that extremism isn't something one is born with, it's taught and learned and can be done so upon anyone, anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

I don't know if this is the right thread but it's absolutely insane that no one is talking about the fact the ex Japanese prime Minister was just murdered in broad day light (i mean it's understandable given the fact that the Uk is an absolute sh*t show more than ever). Rip of course but i just find it crazy. Good reminder that extremism isn't something one is born with, it's taught and learned and can be done so upon anyone, anywhere. 

It was mentioned on another thread, although briefly. Terrible situation and my heart goes out to Japan. But perhaps there hasn’t been much comment because what can you do? What can you say? It read to me like some lone nutter who literally built his own gun. If so, what policy can you put in place that wouldn’t make life actually worse?

Edited by Dunge
Repeated myself

On 10/07/2022 at 08:47, fox_up_north said:

The problem with Labour is, unlike the Tories, their base will, inexplicably, not vote for them as a matter of principle. 

It's only really been Boris that has put off SOME tory voters but many have willingly continued to vote. But the Labour people will argue themselves blue in the face about why Starmer is too "right wing", etc etc. 

It's absolute lunacy, in my eyes and gives Starmer yet another hill to climb. 

In fairness, a lot of people were like that with Corbyn too.

• Like 2

If you're wondering why the Tory leadership candidates are going on about 'wokeism' or whatever they call it, when we touched on the leadership contest during a quick catch up with my mum, she excitedly noted that one of the candidates, who she couldn't name, was 'going to sort out all that woke rubbish' and would therefore 'get my vote'.

Needless to say, the extent that 'woke issues' affect my mother on a day to day basis is questionable, but through her choice of media she is now convinced that this is pretty much the most important challenge we face in 2022 and it needs to be tackled head on.

I simply wrapped up the conversation and went and got myself a can

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you're wondering why the Tory leadership candidates are going on about 'wokeism' or whatever they call it, when we touched on the leadership contest during a quick catch up with my mum, she excitedly noted that one of the candidates, who she couldn't name, was 'going to sort out all that woke rubbish' and would therefore 'get my vote'.

Needless to say, the extent that 'woke issues' affect my mother on a day to day basis is questionable, but through her choice of media she is now convinced that this is pretty much the most important challenge we face in 2022 and it needs to be tackled head on.

I simply wrapped up the conversation and went and got myself a can

Exactly. They need their next Brexit-esque topic. Something that can get them votes; a topic which whips people into ignoring the real issues and focusing on the distraction. They know without that topic or buzz word, they don't get the same amount of red wall seats as before. 'Wokeism' and/or trans rights appear to be the easiest targets. They won't mention the cost of living, or anything else which directly impacts us daily. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dunge said:

It was mentioned on another thread, although briefly. Terrible situation and my heart goes out to Japan. But perhaps there hasn’t been much comment because what can you do? What can you say? It read to me like some lone nutter who literally built his own gun. If so, what policy can you put in place that wouldn’t make life actually worse?

Agreed mate.. I'm not accusing anyone just feels we like in such a polarized world that a top leader getting murdered in broad day light ain't even mentioned. Not our fault it's like this of course but it's just surreal 

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly. They need their next Brexit-esque topic. Something that can get them votes; a topic which whips people into ignoring the real issues and focusing on the distraction. They know without that topic or buzz word, they don't get the same amount of red wall seats as before. 'Wokeism' and/or trans rights appear to be the easiest targets. They won't mention the cost of living, or anything else which directly impacts us daily. 

Scapegoat of the month. Can't get after Starmer now as those left wing coppers in Durham let him off. What nonsense can we drill into the gullible now

All the labour people, politicians and supporters alike think they have the answers. They haven’t. They will most likely win the next GE then we’ll see what they’re made of. The probability is that they’ll be just as much incompetence and by the end of it, the country and economy will still be in a mess just as it is now. This morning the dopey Ashworth was on, saying that tax cuts would be irresponsible during an inflationary period. Er isn’t he the one who just a few weeks ago was screaming about tax cuts. 

22 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

All the labour people, politicians and supporters alike think they have the answers. They haven’t. They will most likely win the next GE then we’ll see what they’re made of. The probability is that they’ll be just as much incompetence and by the end of it, the country and economy will still be in a mess just as it is now. This morning the dopey Ashworth was on, saying that tax cuts would be irresponsible during an inflationary period. Er isn’t he the one who just a few weeks ago was screaming about tax cuts. 

Ashworth is arguing against corporation tax cuts - companies making millions as it stands before any further financial benefit. 

He argued back in March about the effects of Rishi's proposals and rising tax regards pensions and universal credit. Ie. promising Income Tax freeze in two years time but then rising taxes in the meantime. In much the same way, the cap/bonus on national insurance in reality is equal to the increase in NI. So average Joe is worse off. 

In the past few weeks, he was arguing for a VAT cut and indirectly a cut in petrol/food bills. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Not saying they haven’t. I just don’t think labour would or could do any better. 

All opposition parties have big up their credentials. What would you expect them to do? shows what a shambles the Johnson government has been that a GE could even be discussed with 80 seat majority.