Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Apparently, Boris just became too woke and got sucked in by the elite which he wasn’t previously part of. And so the working classes got angry for him being too woke and he had to resign.

I can’t tell whether he’s lying to himself or just the Fox News audience.

These people need cutting out of the Conservative party and returning to obscurity.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Apparently, Boris just became too woke and got sucked in by the elite which he wasn’t previously part of. And so the working classes got angry for him being too woke and he had to resign.

American bullshit is poisoning our politics so much I suggest reverting our language back to Brythonic so we can't understand each other

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Ha. What about mentioning right at the start when asked why did he resign. Cos he told lie after lie. Johnson is one of the elite for goodness sake. These people just can't tell the truth.

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

She puts up a strong argument against the last 12 years of Tory government 

I'm not a Tory and will never vote for them, but Badenoch seems the least worst candidate for the job. I admit it's a pretty low bar to clear, but still...

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I'm not a Tory and will never vote for them, but Badenoch seems the least worst candidate for the job. I admit it's a pretty low bar to clear, but still...

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I want the one most likely to lose the next election. 

• Like 2

Just now, BenTheFox said:

His interview with sky news yesterday was an absolute disaster. 

Didn’t see that. But the bloke is a walking talking disaster so it shouldn’t be unexpected. If he had a shred of common sense he’d save himself the humiliation and withdraw. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Labour will table a no confidence motion in Boris Johnson's government later today, seeking to hold the vote on Wednesday, party sources say.

Surely too late? Needed to be done at peak drama when there was a chance to win it. 

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't think it matters whether they win it or not. If they lose then it pins the Tories down to having supported a man who they were pushing to resign only a few days ago. I think it's a smart move. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

They’d literally be voting confidence in him while having hypocritically moved to remove him. That’s the point. 

How can a Tory mp vote no confidence in a Tory govt and facilitate a GE when they’re 15 points behind in the polls? 

it’s just showboating by starmer (and pretty stupid imo).  They should be using parliamentary time more constructively. 

if the debate was that BJ should leave no 10 and be replaced by rabb until sept 5, then that would be far more difficult for Tory mp’s to justify voting against 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

She’s more sceptical of the Net Zero policy and is more sympathetic to the burden of cost than most of the others. She’s also firmly in the anti woke camp.  

Respectfully, that’s seems of little importance given the economic stagnation and massive fuel crisis right now, going after Uni students and restaurant restrooms seems like an utter waste of time. In fact across all candidates there seems a remarkable lack of will to fight the big issues rather than distract with tax cuts and needless culture war battles. 

Although if that’s your position then fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Respectfully, that’s seems of little importance given the economic stagnation and massive fuel crisis right now, going after Uni students and restaurant restrooms seems like an utter waste of time. In fact across all candidates there seems a remarkable lack of will to fight the big issues rather than distract with tax cuts and needless culture war battles. 

Although if that’s your position then fair enough.

I'd personally certainly agree that what is mentioned here is of little importance, though there appear to be those who support her who are bound and determined to want to force trans folks back in the closet by any means necessary rather than, you know, treat them as equals and respect their rights, so this is rather red meat to them.

The net zero matter is another thing entirely, though.

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

You couldn't make it past 1 sentence without saying the UK.... Oh yeah AND EVERYONE ELSE. 

If that's okay thinking, how can it be wrong to think it should be EVERYONE ELSE... And the iddly piddly little UK. 

Because we live in the UK and we can directly influence policy by voting. What is happening in China or Brazil or the EU is something we have no say on. We can't vote for a party with progressive environmental policies in China. We may only be iddly piddly UK, but that's where we live and that's where we can influence policy.