Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Remember 1987 Brit Awards host Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox? This is them now. 

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=

Favourite ever post in the politics threads. By a clear mile. 

• Haha 2

So who do Labour supporters want as Tory Leader out of the running candidates? 

I don't mean this as 'who do you think would be alright by tory standards?'. I mean it as 'which of these candidates are completely unelectable?' 

Edit: Leader! Damn autocorrect 

Edited by BenTheFox

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

So who do Labour supporters want as Tory Labour out of the running candidates? 

I don't mean this as 'who do you think would be alright by tory standards?'. I mean it as 'which of these candidates are completely unelectable?' 

Nearly all of them 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

So who do Labour supporters want as Tory Labour out of the running candidates? 

I think the only ones Starmer has to worry about is Sunak & Mordaunt.

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Whatever your political persuasion I think it’s great that there’s only two white blokes in the running. 30 years back it would be all white blokes with the exception of one or two. 

It's just a different grade of dreadful people now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Whatever your political persuasion I think it’s great that there’s only two white blokes in the running. 30 years back it would be all white blokes with the exception of one or two. 

As long as they can be criticised if necessary without accusations of misogyny or racism being made.

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

They’re all Tory’s so by default they’re all as dreadful as the other. Very interchangeable so I don’t think it will matter.

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bovril said:

American bullshit is poisoning our politics so much I suggest reverting our language back to Brythonic so we can't understand each other

honking  :dunno: idea

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

They’re not. They’re more realistic. 

If the definition of "realistic" here involves choosing a course of action that has a much higher chance of leaving anywhere between tens of millions and a billion people in need of food, water and shelter in the next few decades - all for the sake of perhaps avoiding a relatively mild economic hit - then perhaps we might want to reexamine that definition.

Because and I'm just, you know, throwing ideas out here, that course of action might be "realistic" but perhaps it isn't all that ethical.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

ERG backing Truss (despite her being a remain supporter). That’ll pretty much guarantee Sunak v Truss as the final two. And Truss will win with the members.

God help us. 

Hoping she wins firstly because it'll be the first Norfolk representing MP to be leader since Walpole but more importantly because she'll be totally destroyed in a GE

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

To destroy their hopes come next GE: any of the extremists - Badenoch or Braverman tops

But this would just mean two more years of failing misery for the country. 

I think all of them will struggle to reverse the party’s fortunes. 

42 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If the definition of "realistic" here involves choosing a course of action that has a much higher chance of leaving anywhere between tens of millions and a billion people in need of food, water and shelter in the next few decades - all for the sake of perhaps avoiding a relatively mild economic hit - then perhaps we might want to reexamine that definition.

Because and I'm just, you know, throwing ideas out here, that course of action might be "realistic" but perhaps it isn't all that ethical.

I’m interested to know. At midnight tonight, if we were able to switch off, I don’t know, say 50% of the world’s co2 production. What would happen? I genuinely have no idea. How long would it take the earth’s atmosphere to cool? In real life terms, what even is ‘net zero’?

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I’m interested to know. At midnight tonight, if we were able to switch off, I don’t know, say 50% of the world’s co2 production. What would happen? I genuinely have no idea. How long would it take the earth’s atmosphere to cool? In real life terms, what even is ‘net zero’?

I'm glad that these are the questions being asked now. Knowledge about such things is always useful. :thumbup:

Allow me to finish work for the day and then I'll answer in full in the Science thread (to avoid cluttering this one up).

• Like 1