Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

To destroy their hopes come next GE: any of the extremists - Badenoch or Braverman tops

But this would just mean two more years of failing misery for the country. 

I think all of them will struggle to reverse the party’s fortunes. 

Badenoch and Braverman, what makes them extremist? 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Badenoch and Braverman, what makes them extremist? 

They’re not extremist, but Braverman is completely incompetent, has advocated breaking the law many times despite being Attorney General and only yesterday was talking about cutting benefits and calling people lazy, which in the current economic climate is absolutely insane.

As for Badenoch, all she talks about is wokery, refused to answer if she has a gender neutral toilet at home and has offered nothing in terms of economic policy. Embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They’re not extremist, but Braverman is completely incompetent, has advocated breaking the law many times despite being Attorney General and only yesterday was talking about cutting benefits and calling people lazy, which in the current economic climate is absolutely insane.

As for Badenoch, all she talks about is wokery, refused to answer if she has a gender neutral toilet at home and has offered nothing in terms of economic policy. Embarrassing. 

Glad it's not just me baffled by Braverman.  Wouldn't let her do the conveyancing on my house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

ERG backing Truss (despite her being a remain supporter). That’ll pretty much guarantee Sunak v Truss as the final two. And Truss will win with the members.

God help us. 

I said this to my missus this morning - she wasn’t impressed - if she thinks truss is useless then she’s considerably more incompetent than I thought. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Hoping she wins firstly because it'll be the first Norfolk representing MP to be leader since Walpole but more importantly because she'll be totally destroyed in a GE

bozza was in power for under three years - you can do a lot of damage in a couple of years 

10 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Starmer couldn’t demolish a pint of beer. As for Rayner, it would depend on whether she’s wearing her Doc Martins 😂

have you seen truss in a debate ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I said this to my missus this morning - she wasn’t impressed - if she thinks truss is useless then she’s considerably more incompetent than I thought. 

bozza was in power for under three years - you can do a lot of damage in a couple of years 

have you seen truss in a debate ? 

If she wins, I'm starting a 'Bring back Boris ' campaign!!

• Haha 1

I’m struggling to say that Braverman isn’t an extremist, given… well, pretty much everything she’s said up to this point.

Despite it all, it’ll be interesting to see who the membership go for in the end if it is (as expected) between Truss and Sunak. They can prefer Truss all they like but she stands no chance of winning an election in my view. Sunak at least stands a chance.

• Like 1

Anyone else seen Penny Mordaunt's campaign video? It is honestly hilarious! It includes a montage that looks like it was put together by a GCSE Media student and the montage includes a disgraced Prime Minister, an athlete that murdered his wife, a highly suspicious act of 'charity' and an MP that was brutally murdered by a right-wing lunatic. On top of this, the video tells us nothing about her ideas or her policies and she is barely in it!

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Isnt Braverman in some kind of actual cult? She is another one who would be absolutely nowhere near government if it wasn't for Brexit.

Banging on about attack on welfare again on BBC. See where her appeal to the Tory cold hearts comes from

Joke of a party that are totally wedded to an outdated economic model and more interested in US culture wars than British conservatism. May their coming implosion be as painless for the country as possible.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Think Penny is the one I'd prefer, she does at least feel a bit stateswoman like. If it's truss I'd honestly rather boris 

A new Yougov poll of party members suggests she would beat any of the other candidates. Truss would run her closest, Sunak would get nowhere near

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

A new Yougov poll of party members suggests she would beat any of the other candidates. Truss would run her closest, Sunak would get nowhere near

Not a fan of people with suspicious tans, those OAP Tory members. It took them centuries to get used to the idea of women leaving the kitchen.

53 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone else seen Penny Mordaunt's campaign video? It is honestly hilarious! It includes a montage that looks like it was put together by a GCSE Media student and the montage includes a disgraced Prime Minister, an athlete that murdered his wife, a highly suspicious act of 'charity' and an MP that was brutally murdered by a right-wing lunatic. On top of this, the video tells us nothing about her ideas or her policies and she is barely in it!

Its like they searched British buzzwords into stock videos and shoved it together in a montage.

• Like 1