Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

In 2024 when we get a labour government, as is clear most here believe we will. Or at least hope we will. What do you want them to do? What changes do you want broadly?

Climate change action (standard green economy stuff)

A fairer tax system (not necessarily just increase)

More affordable housing

More power given to local councils/communities

A fast functioning immigration office

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

In 2024 when we get a labour government, as is clear most here believe we will. Or at least hope we will. What do you want them to do? What changes do you want broadly?

Mainly to just not be self serving greedy cvnts. It doesn't seem like much to ask, but the conservatives are so clueless and out of touch seemingly just make decisions based on staying in power, kowtowing to their key demographics and are just so mired in sleaze. More than anything I want a government that I believe care about this country as a whole make decisions based on creating a fairer and more equal society. I may be misremembering things, but Blair brought a feel good factor to the country, everything just felt better, safer a nicer place to live. As much as policy is important feeling like you're in safe hands and being led rather than lied to at every turn will just give this country a lift.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Climate change action (standard green economy stuff)

A fairer tax system (not necessarily just increase)

More affordable housing

More power given to local councils/communities

A fast functioning immigration office

Ditto

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I don't believe we will. I don't support any political party but it seems to me that Labour have become nothing more than a protest organisation. I think they are very far away from being considered as credible opposition that could govern. Stuck with the Conservatives for the foreseeable, I reckon. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I don't believe we will. I don't support any political party but it seems to me that Labour have become nothing more than a protest organisation. I think they are very far away from being considered as credible opposition that could govern. Stuck with the Conservatives for the foreseeable, I reckon. 

Maybe under Corbyn, but things have changed massively over the last couple of years. Unless the new Tory leader does something remarkable, we’re very likely to see a minority Labour government in 2024, at least. 

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah I’m not getting how we’ve had two debates on national television for something only a tiny fraction of general public decide 

10 hours ago, Corky said:

It's appealing to 180k people. Whoever gets chosen will have time to implement (or not) their policies. Any damage could be done again.

There's another one on Sky this week too lol

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How old are you? They haven’t had a strike for 35 years lol

Not that old!

Our BT was shit though. Internet dropped out whenever it got windy and openreach were a shambles.

Went back to virgin with my tail between my legs.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was a total b**llox answer. She should have simply said when I was school, we were at a three day week. That would have been a precise answer which hit the spot. 

I mentioned last week the irony in the construction industry where a lot of people

did very well out of Labour from 1997 but I completely against them. The same set of people I encounter now have their children going university which simply didn’t occur before 1997 and love every moment they get to say so-so is off to uni. 

42 minutes ago, kenny said:

Not that old!

Our BT was shit though. Internet dropped out whenever it got windy and openreach were a shambles.

Went back to virgin with my tail between my legs.

Yeah I’ve always preferred Virgin, went with them when I moved house and I doubt I’ll ever go back. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Maybe under Corbyn, but things have changed massively over the last couple of years. Unless the new Tory leader does something remarkable, we’re very likely to see a minority Labour government in 2024, at least. 

Keir is so un-inspiring and seems to have zero policies, maybe he won't be as bad as Corbyn or Boris, but it's hardly something to look forward to. All he does is whine one about this and that and shows zero leadership qualities, unless i'm missing something