Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Anyone seen the headline about Tory Police and Crime Commissioner for Nottingham? 

Caroline Henry caught breaking speed limit 5 times within a 12 week period and has been banned from driving. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone seen the headline about Tory Police and Crime Commissioner for Nottingham? 

Caroline Henry caught breaking speed limit 5 times within a 12 week period and has been banned from driving. 

She should be banned for more than 6 months, given that rate of incident.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I’m quite shocked that she was actually done ! 

3 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

why wouldn't you seek out advice from people who have sat in the seat? I'm sure he doesn't think he got every single call right during his time in post. 

I'm not sure he got much right, hopefully he has learnt and is passing on this advice.

Might take a long time:dry:

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who was debating with me the other day that politicians expenses are now squeaky clean after robust changes were put in place, and arguing its what they need to do their job... 

Got to be honest, not bothered if they put £7.99 onto expenses which potentially saves more in postage.

Far more important things to get annoyed about mate

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

Got to be honest, not bothered if they put £7.99 onto expenses which potentially saves more in postage.

Far more important things to get annoyed about mate

We do the same at work in fairness.

Also worth noting that other non-tory MP's have done the same.

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who was debating with me the other day that politicians expenses are now squeaky clean after robust changes were put in place, and arguing its what they need to do their job... 

Wonder what the justification is

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Wonder what the justification is

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA), which handles MPs’ expense claims, has previously confirmed Prime subscriptions can be within the rules, but “the MP will need to justify that the subscription is primarily used for parliamentary purposes at the time they submit the claim”.

IPSA resumed publishing MPs’ expenses data this week after a delay of more than a year.

The body “paused” publication of individual claims in November (2021), following the murder of Sir David Amess at a surgery in his constituency.

Full expenses claims are supposed to be published every two months - but the most recent publication dates back to last April (2021).

Announcing the review in November, the body said they had “heard from some Members … that there are concerns about some of the information we publish, including data on travel and constituency surgery venue hire.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/liz-truss-among-seven-mps-27499751

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Ranting on about the "Deep State". Nice little dog whistle to conspiracy theorists there. What a cvnt.

A huge, huge cynic could interpret this of him trying to summon up the Trump-style loyalists in order to try and make a point at him being deposed. Not necessarily keeping him in power but a lovely little protest or issue for the next PM.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Ranting on about the "Deep State". Nice little dog whistle to conspiracy theorists there. What a cvnt.

I wonder how much this stuff works now looking at polling on Brexit