Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

7 hours ago, Claridge said:

I'm not sure he got much right, hopefully he has learnt and is passing on this advice.

Might take a long time:dry:

Really? You think life was worse under Blair/brown than it is now???

17 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Badenoch has serious momentum, think a few could defect from Truss to her, and more will go to her from Tugendhat than as presumed.

She can't possibly be PM ffs!!...she looks like a deer in the headlights and just out of Uni!!..

The world has gone absolutely mental!!

On 15/07/2022 at 18:20, String fellow said:

Airline pilots have to steer up/down and left/right, bus drivers have to steer left/right, but train drivers - the rails do the steering for them!

https://www.snclavalin.com/en/beyond-engineering/why-driverless-operations-are-the-key

But who will be to blame when one flys off the rails into a housing estate after whacking into a hgv that’s broke down on a railway crossing.

8 hours ago, Claridge said:

I'm not sure he got much right, hopefully he has learnt and is passing on this advice.

Might take a long time:dry:

How did he not get much right? He is one of the most successful chancellor's this country has ever had and certainly the best of my lifetime. 

I'd love to know your reasoning behind you thinking he didn't get much right?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

How did he not get much right? He is one of the most successful chancellor's this country has ever had and certainly the best of my lifetime. 

I'd love to know your reasoning behind you thinking he didn't get much right?

Inherited a booming economy and left it skint for a start. Did nothing for people in the north. Such an amazing job that he lost to Cameron and there hasn’t been a labour government since

Edited by Claridge

22 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Inherited a booming economy and left it skint for a start. Did nothing for people in the north. Such an amazing job that he lost to Cameron and there hasn’t been a labour government since

Helped reduce child poverty in this country

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Well that's just not true though is it. The labour government with brown as chancellor did more for 'levelling up' as the Tory's now like to call it, than any other government in the last 50s including for those in the north. 

As chancellor he did not leave the country skint. He was PM when the global financial crash hit. That wasnt caused by him or any other labour politician either.

Theres a few hindsight arguments you could throw at him, but his record as chancellor pits him as the best post war chancellor to date. Not many others would even get close to his record.

He was partly responsible for the crash with his arse licking of the banking sector, allowing them to do what they want. You seem to ignore the fact that when he became chancellor labour had a massive majority and over 250 more seats than the tories.They also had most of the seats in the north(Scotland). By the end of his reign they had lost the election and were obliterated in Scotland, meaning that it will be very difficult for labour to have a decent majority again. You can't blame all this on Brown, but he must take a massive share of the blame. If he was so good, why did the people abandon him their droves?

Your argument about him being the best post-war chancellor are laughable to the point of ridiculous, not even sure Brown would claim that

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

She can't possibly be PM ffs!!...she looks like a deer in the headlights and just out of Uni!!..

The world has gone absolutely mental!!

She is 42, hardly just out of Uni.  I think she might be our first black PM, but I guess not this time.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

He was partly responsible for the crash with his arse licking of the banking sector, allowing them to do what they want. You seem to ignore the fact that when he became chancellor labour had a massive majority and over 250 more seats than the tories.They also had most of the seats in the north(Scotland). By the end of his reign they had lost the election and were obliterated in Scotland, meaning that it will be very difficult for labour to have a decent majority again. You can't blame all this on Brown, but he must take a massive share of the blame. If he was so good, why did the people abandon him their droves?

Your argument about him being the best post-war chancellor are laughable to the point of ridiculous, not even sure Brown would claim that

And things got so much better since the Tories got back in ? . I understand the gap between the richest and poorest in our country is wider than before. 

Badenoch being supported by Britain First is hilarious.

Mind you, she is an ultra-right, climate change denying idiot - so I guess it fits. So far she has cried about Net Zero and then had to U-turn, mocked civil partnerships and same-sex marriage and is now, as a Black woman, giving the far right something to celebrate. Doing a grand job.

Hope she gets in, she will be a disaster at a GE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Badenoch being supported by Britain First is hilarious.

Mind you, she is an ultra-right, climate change denying idiot - so I guess it fits. So far she has cried about Net Zero and then had to U-turn, mocked civil partnerships and same-sex marriage and is now, as a Black woman, giving the far right something to celebrate. Doing a grand job.

Hope she gets in, she will be a disaster at a GE.

Is she really a climate change denier? I knew about the net zero u-turn, but has she actually claimed that man-made climate change isn't real?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is she really a climate change denier? I knew about the net zero u-turn, but has she actually claimed that man-made climate change isn't real?

Perhaps wrong terminolgy on my part - I guess anybody who makes the sort of comments she did on net-zero is in no way serious about the reality of climate change and the biodiversity crisis is what i was getting at.

Looking at this it seems she may be a denialist or may not be. basically she changes her opinion like she changes her clothes:

https://www.desmog.com/2022/07/13/kemi-badenoch-gifted-tory-gala-ticket-by-climate-denial-funder/

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1