Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

You'll change your tune when the 40 hospitals are built.  Yeah! You heard - 40 hospitals, all brand new, shiny and brilliant.

They might as well have painted them on the side of a bus

Screenshot_20220719_152521_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_1082402474405150.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

The worst possible nightmare!!....

Labour will love it though if Truss is PM.

.... absolute guarantees them power in 2024.

She won’t make it. Apparently the next round is the swimsuit round.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There is a chance that a majority of badenoch’s support is of those who don’t want anyone from the previous cabinet. In that case, mordaunt would likely be the next PM.  It could be a little closer than I think 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Why Tory MPs are voting to encourage their own implosion is beyond me.  You'd think they'd chose wisely but they're doing the opposite.

From a field of 360 MPs and it's looking likely between a choice of someone who is a law breaker from within Bojo's inner circle or a mad woman from within the same circle.

Starmer will be loving this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Only if you’re labour. For us Tories it’s a  poor outcome. If either Sunak or Truss become PM it’s game over for them. For me the only hope is Mordaunt. 

Oh well!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Only if you’re labour. For us Tories it’s a  poor outcome. If either Sunak or Truss become PM it’s game over for them. For me the only hope is Mordaunt. 

Doubt it. The anti-woke schtick might work for some, it’ll irritate the mainstream small c conservatives the same way Boris did and probably to a further extent. She’s extremely young and inexperienced in any form of office too, and it’s a big leap to take. 

That said, it’s hard to see any of the other so much better. Tories rank out of luck the moment Ben Wallace dropped out in my opinion. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Can see some tactical voting now with Rishi pretty much in final.

Will be interesting to see where Badenoch supporters will go, the next set of hustings is crucial.

MostlyTruss I reckon if the clashes with Mordaunt were anything to judge by.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

MostlyTruss I reckon if the clashes with Mordaunt were anything to judge by.

I agree, only saving grace could be talk of Rishi’s camp throwing votes Truss’ way to try and keep Badenoch out of it

4 minutes ago, LVocey said:

I agree, only saving grace could be talk of Rishi’s camp throwing votes Truss’ way to try and keep Badenoch out of it

Rishi can’t take too much for granted 

badenoch had almost 60 votes. I wouldn’t expect more than a handful to go to rishi. 

If 40 of those go to truss then she goes up to 116

if 15 go to mordaunt then she goes to 107 

rishi can’t afford to drop too many 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dunge said:

Did you see Truss? Mordaunt was a big disappointment to me, but Truss had a very low bar and still didn’t get over it. She was awful. A robot who still managed to stumble over her words. I have no idea how anyone could have come out of those debates thinking that Truss was the best option.

I know you’re Tory right and all, but surely you can’t have been impressed? Not truly?

Truss is pretty poor I think.  When even Cummings describes you as crazy you’ve got a problem.  I’d choose Penny from here tbh, but expect it to be Rishi.  Fun fact, my cousin ran against Rishi in Richmond election.  He would have been a good MP.

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Truss is pretty poor I think.  When even Cummings describes you as crazy you’ve got a problem.  I’d choose Penny from here tbh, but expect it to be Rishi.  Fun fact, my cousin ran against Rishi in Richmond election.  He would have been a good MP.

Truss is thick as mince and mental as well. I would imagine Labour are praying she wins. PM questions will be hilarious if she does. Starmer will destroy her.

For the life of me I still can't work out why the nutty wing of the Tories think she is the best standard bearer for their ****ed up idealology.  She has the potential of putting them out of power for a generation,  she's that bad.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Truss is thick as mince and mental as well. I would imagine Labour are praying she wins. PM questions will be hilarious if she does. Starmer will destroy her.

For the life of me I still can't work out why the nutty wing of the Tories think she is the best standard bearer for their ****ed up idealology.  She has the potential of putting them out of power for a generation,  she's that bad.

To be fair I strongly suspect Rishi has a lot more votes than he has registered, and has been picking off others to leave the opponents he knows he can beat.  Truss is such a poor choice it has to be Rishi if they are the final two.

35 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Thick as mince and mental!😂😂😂...

That made me smile!