Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

TWO THIRDS OF THE CHEESE IN THIS COUNTRY IS IMPORTED... THAT IS A DISGRACE!!!! 

I love the way she looks surprised by the facts she is reading out - like someone wrote the speech for her and she is only seeing it for the first time as she reads it out loud. 

doesn’t she know how the free market works?  I thought that was basic conservatism ? 

I bet she’s livid that we don’t make our own comte in the U.K.  ….

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I love the way she looks surprised by the facts she is reading out - like someone wrote the speech for her and she is only seeing it for the first time as she reads it out loud. 

doesn’t she know how the free market works?  I thought that was basic conservatism ? 

And why aren't we growing our own bananas?..... bloody disgrace!

...and don't get me on the subject on importing coconuts!!

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

It's just bizarre, I have no idea what her point is. We probably consume a lot more cheese than we have the capacity to produce in this country so we import it. Obviously there are also many different varieties of cheese from other countries that we like to eat, but ultimately it comes down to basic and I mean very basic economic principles of supply and demand.

9 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's just bizarre, I have no idea what her point is. We probably consume a lot more cheese than we have the capacity to produce in this country so we import it. Obviously there are also many different varieties of cheese from other countries that we like to eat, but ultimately it comes down to basic and I mean very basic economic principles of supply and demand.

It wasn't grate!... a real im mature presentation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We are also over a relatively small body of water from the most renowned cheese-making country in the world in France and (surprisingly) the largest cheese-exporter in the world in Germany. 

So, Boris, what exactly have you achieved - particularly during the pandemic?..

Am thinking not much so.

If he considers his tenure as a great success, he's probably one of the most well-known WUMs around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

"I was the future once" - David Cameron

"And that is that, the end" - Tony Blair

And then: 

“Hasta la Vista Baby” - Boris Johnson

He genuinely thinks it's funny, doesn't he? We're all laughing at you Boris, not with you. You were a failure of a PM the likes of which has never been seen in this country.

Good riddance to the fvcking bloated, sociopathic clown. I sincerely hope he vanishes into the ether, only to be recanted as the offensive joke he deserves to be remembered as. 

One ounce to credit I'll give to May is that her resignation was ironically said with the emotion that she was lacking during her time as PM and with humility in that she felt that tried her best but couldn't get Brexit over the line as was her main remit.

The delusion with Johnson remains off the scale.

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

One ounce to credit I'll give to May is that her resignation was ironically said with the emotion that she was lacking during her time as PM and with humility in that she felt that tried her best but couldn't get Brexit over the line as was her main remit.

The delusion with Johnson remains off the scale.

Never apologise, never explain.

There's a whole breed of "leaders" around that think that is somehow good and virtuous.

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Yes. All that classical education and he ends with "Hasta la vista, baby". Such a wordsmith...

At least he didn’t say “I’ll be back”

It seems pretty certain that it will be sunak v truss 

how depressing 

mind you, I wasn’t impressed by any of them ….. I guess sunak would do the least damage before Labour get in but just can’t see him winning enough membership votes from Poundland thatcher ………

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It seems pretty certain that it will be sunak v truss 

how depressing 

mind you, I wasn’t impressed by any of them ….. I guess sunak would do the least damage before Labour get in but just can’t see him winning enough membership votes from Poundland thatcher ………

As someone desperately hoping Labour get in next time, I'll be doing back flips if it's Sunak and Truss. Kamikaze that by the Tories. 

Think Mordaunt would be the people's most likely vote surely? Think she'd be the biggest challenge for Starmer. 

Granted Labour can fvck it up against the worst of them but that's another matter entirely. 

• Like 2