Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Sunak is no doubt an intelligent guy, but he just doesn't grasp what's needed in the country at the moment at all.

Truss is just woeful, a shoddy Thatcher impersonation without the drive or determination. I worry that she could be so easily manipulated if in power.

Very rich of Mordaunt supporting Tories moaning about her treatment by the daily mail etc.

19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Truss vs Sunak confirmed then.

What a ****ing shitshow of a country we're in lollol 

Just what is it about Truss that she can hold any high office let alone the main job. Do her supporters really see her as a Thatcher figure. Seems a dork to me. Any idea? 

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Just what is it about Truss that she can hold any high office let alone the main job. Do her supporters really see her as a Thatcher figure. Seems a dork to me. Any idea? 

Just now, LVocey said:

I think because of this, labour will be relishing facing her at PMQ's. 

Has anyone considered that if she’s obviously a disaster, the party will ditch her next year - no way will they sleepwalk into an election defeat. The tories don't really do that ….. loyally isn’t a word they understand!  

remember that she starts with only 30% of mp’s voting for her.  wouldn’t be hard to drive a no confidence vote if she’s as dreadful as she looks 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Has anyone considered that if she’s obviously a disaster, the party will ditch her next year - no way will they sleepwalk into an election defeat. The tories don't really do that ….. loyally isn’t a word they understand!  

remember that she starts with only 30% of mp’s voting for her.  wouldn’t be hard to drive a no confidence vote if she’s as dreadful as she looks 

I think the fact she's made the final two makes me think the tories are pretty happy to run full speed into an election defeat!

Time will tell - I'd be shocked if they bomb 2 PM's out in one term. The optics would be horrific.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think they’d be stuck with her. Chopping and changing leaders constantly won’t only put off the moderates but it’ll put off the core vote too.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I love the way she looks surprised by the facts she is reading out - like someone wrote the speech for her and she is only seeing it for the first time as she reads it out loud. 

doesn’t she know how the free market works?  I thought that was basic conservatism ? 

I bet she’s livid that we don’t make our own comte in the U.K.  ….

I lobe the use of two thirds, nine tenths as along as that speaks out to their supporters. 

35 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It was what most of us recognise as humour. 

Most of us aren't a departing Prime Minister addressing Parliament for the last time.

Most of us also have more up to date humourous references in our locker too.