Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think that is a huge leap and doing a disservice to millions of voters, just because you don't agree with them.  People have their own reasons for voting, and that might include some things you consider to be exaggerated or even false, but we are not even close to American right wing, and hopefully never will be.

There are several critical differences, to be fair.

But let's not overlook that there is a small but important part of the House of Commons and the electorate who are entirely fine with the US right wing and would like the UK to be more like them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think that is a huge leap and doing a disservice to millions of voters, just because you don't agree with them.  People have their own reasons for voting, and that might include some things you consider to be exaggerated or even false, but we are not even close to American right wing, and hopefully never will be.

The cult followers wanted Trump, the cult followers wanted Boris, the cult followers wanted Scumo.

All those who voted conservative KNEW what you were voting for.. and got it.

Selfish greed and conservatism is the reason, the extremes are just that, extreme...but the blind cult followers gave them leaders that allowed that extremism to rise and STILL right now, the cult conservatives are defending their choices but denying their responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

A friend of mine had to pay £10,000 for his own cancer surgery because the waiting list meant he might not live to receive it on the NHS.

They've had TWELVE fuching years, 3 (nearly 4) prime ministers and this is the state we're at. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62042465

Whats worse is that as more people pay to go privately, the less medical staff will be available for the NHS. The majority of the staff are NHS trained and often employed doing extra work for the private companies.

Health in this country is mess and I can't see it improving.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

There are several critical differences, to be fair.

But let's not overlook that there is a small but important part of the House of Commons and the electorate who are entirely fine with the US right wing and would like the UK to be more like them.

albeit, this week, the UK government quietly removed the "sexual and reproductive health & rights" and "bodily autonomy" from an international statement on human rights.... we might not be as far away as you think! 

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Brexit reality!🤬🤬

Screenshot_20220722_112453_com.android.chrome_edit_1232217836094790.jpg

On behalf of passengers trying to get on their way for a well-earned summer holiday, HGV drivers performing their critical role of delivering goods, our community who are severely impacted, our ferry operators awaiting their customers, our own port staff who have worked so hard in good faith and all of our Kent and Government partners with whom we have prepared together over several months for the busy summer; we are deeply frustrated that the resource at the French border overnight and early this morning has been woefully inadequate to meet our predicted demand and even more deeply regret the consequences that will now be felt by so many.

Knowing we are now in a new world of post-Brexit and Covid checks, we worked to increase interim French border control booths by 50% and has improved traffic systems in order to build in resilience and capacity in time for the summer. The Port of Dover made significant investment and delivered on this. We trained a new team of passenger champions to be on hand and assist customers at the port. They are there working hard and doing all they can to help them. We also have provided enhanced amenities, such as toilets and refreshments, as well as water refilling stations, to look after customers.

We have worked particularly hard, and extremely positively up to now, with our Police Aux Frontieres (PAF) colleagues over recent months to plan for the traffic volumes that were fully expected. We have shared traffic volumes in granular detail with the French authorities in order that these volumes can be matched by adequate border resource. The Dover route remains the most popular sea route to France and France remains one of the key holiday destinations for British families. We know that resource is finite, but the popularity of Dover is not a surprise. Regrettably, the PAF resource has been insufficient and has fallen far short of what is required to ensure a smooth first weekend of the peak summer getaway period.

We will continue to work with all Kent partners to look after those caught up in the current situation, which could and should have been avoided, and play our part in resolving it as soon as possible. Working with and through the UK government, we will also liaise constructively with PAF to work through the present logjam and to stress again the importance of adequate French border resource for the coming days and weeks on which we had previously been assured. We have to work as a team, and when we do the system works incredibly well, but it is reliant on every team member playing their part.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

i have it on good authority that she truly is as awkward and slow as we all think she is …….

I can assure you that she is every bit as vacant as she appears. Talking to her is like having a conversation with a brain damaged tortoise at times…that’s if you can lock her down when she’s sober. Likes a tipple to overcome the social anxiety does Liz. You come away from the experience with a strong sense that you were in the presence of a condensed form of weird.

She is being used as a puppet but she doesn’t see it, she thinks she will be able to breed a nation of Trusstafarians, like a legion of Thatcherites, all in awe of her wonder and ability. God help us all if she wins.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I can assure you that she is every bit as vacant as she appears. Talking to her is like having a conversation with a brain damaged tortoise at times…that’s if you can lock her down when she’s sober. Likes a tipple to overcome the social anxiety does Liz. You come away from the experience with a strong sense that you were in the presence of a condensed form of weird.

She is being used as a puppet but she doesn’t see it, she thinks she will be able to breed a nation of Trusstafarians, like a legion of Thatcherites, all in awe of her wonder and ability. God help us all if she wins.

Throw in an affair as well with another MP which ended his marriage 

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

At least we'll have 2 years of pure comedy!... and it's an absolute guarantee of a labour government in 2024!..

Every cloud has a silver lining.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Throw in an affair as well with another MP which ended his marriage 

This is why the country is going to shit, because we employ people like Lizz ****ing Truss to run the country.

Shambles.

She looks and sounds like a right cvnt who has noshed her way to the top. (no offence) :)

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You laugh, and I laugh, but when you stop and take stock how fvcking depressing is that? 

Like honestly, how fvcked are we? We're at a point where its a near mathematical objective fact that Brexit was always a terrible idea funded by bad actors and she STILL has to pretend to believe in it to get elected because that's how big a percentage of the national population is brainwashed? 

Our democracy has been completely hijacked. We don't have a well informed and well educated electorate. The entire thing is a shambles. 

I get that you laugh because the alternative is far too bleak but fvcking hell. Let me just jump in here and save Rod fvcking sheep Hull the click and lol myself. Jesus. 

It's not even the majority of the population she's appealing to, it's always been about the 20% or so they're worried about losing if they don't deliver rock hard Brexit. Like I know Weller went a bit overboard with posting that quote but the sheer shamelessness of it all really is hard to believe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’d rather people be able to heat and eat though tbh. She’ll cause a lot of death.

But seemingly she's the one who's going to cut taxes and make people better off?...

It's Sunak who is going to make everyone starve and freeze?

54 minutes ago, BirdieMachine said:

My take on this really is that Sunak v Truss, I want neither.

But if i had to pick one, it would be Sunak. He did steer the country through furlough which meant there was bound to be some tax rises. He seems a lot more pragmatic in his outlook and I think the fault lies with targeting the taxes differently. Theres no need to hit the lowest earners so hard with a NI rise. Surely there can be windfall taxes, slightly increased corporation taxes, income tax rises on higher earners which would surely make more sense.

Truss just seems like the acceptable face of the ERG who will get mugged off into more and more right wing policies, combined with the easy wins of tax cuts thatll leave all the services and NHS even more decimated.

Rishi is a snake but he seems to have more of a handle on not making fanciful promises and actually has some intelligence to run a country.

I reluctantly feel the same way

14 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's not even the majority of the population she's appealing to, it's always been about the 20% or so they're worried about losing if they don't deliver rock hard Brexit. Like I know Weller went a bit overboard with posting that quote but the sheer shamelessness of it all really is hard to believe 

What quote was that then?😂

1 hour ago, BirdieMachine said:

My take on this really is that Sunak v Truss, I want neither.

But if i had to pick one, it would be Sunak. He did steer the country through furlough which meant there was bound to be some tax rises. He seems a lot more pragmatic in his outlook and I think the fault lies with targeting the taxes differently. Theres no need to hit the lowest earners so hard with a NI rise. Surely there can be windfall taxes, slightly increased corporation taxes, income tax rises on higher earners which would surely make more sense.

Truss just seems like the acceptable face of the ERG who will get mugged off into more and more right wing policies, combined with the easy wins of tax cuts thatll leave all the services and NHS even more decimated.

Rishi is a snake but he seems to have more of a handle on not making fanciful promises and actually has some intelligence to run a country.

My viewpoint as well.

I don't particularly trust Sunak's motives or where he will focus policy...however, he's by far the more intelligent candidate in this contest and I'd rather we be governed by someone competent with morals and priorities I don't agree with than someone who just seems wholly way out of her depth in every situation I've seen her in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Is this personal experience talking? It’s exactly my impression of her.  The phrase thick as mince keeps coming to mind,  Sunak is like hundreds of finance industry types I’ve met but at least knows what he knows and is likely to put other smart people in his cabinet.

14 minutes ago, LVocey said:

My viewpoint as well.

I don't particularly trust Sunak's motives or where he will focus policy...however, he's by far the more intelligent candidate in this contest and I'd rather we be governed by someone competent with morals and priorities I don't agree with than someone who just seems wholly way out of her depth in every situation I've seen her in.

Unlike Boris I think he might choose a cabinet based on ability rather than whether they agree with him