Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I agree totally 

he’s been advised to take her out by exposing her lack of knowledge ….

I think he’s been badly advised. he could have done it in a more respectful way - too many attacks and too many questions means she can dodge around 

Just the constant over-talking and interruptions. I get it can happen a little, but constantly is OTT. 

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sunak is the epitome of Tory government. 

All talk, no listen. 

Rory Stewart called that out in his ‘rest is politics’ podcast…. He recounted a story of how he stuck a ridiculous and indefensible position on prisons because that is what he was briefed to do….

He thinks he’s really good at debating even if he’s defending the absurd…

This debate is an embarrassing reflection of the Conservative party. Sunak is clearly a very clever chap and very polished but has made promises tonight that should they not materialise will lose them the next general election. Truss on the other hand is doing her level best to impersonate Diane Abbott. If these two are the preferred/best candidates that the Tory party can put forward then we are royally screwed as a nation. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

This leadership contest will make it very hard for the Tories to come back from. Especially with Johnsons allies saying its all part of a plan to get him back into power.

Love to see it. Send them to the wilderness.

• Like 2

All abit odd that - just made the Conservative party look crackers.

Rishi edged it for me but Truss didn’t completely make a fool out of herself and that’s probably enough for the members to vote her in

32 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

This debate is an embarrassing reflection of the Conservative party. Sunak is clearly a very clever chap and very polished but has made promises tonight that should they not materialise will lose them the next general election. Truss on the other hand is doing her level best to impersonate Denise Abbott. If these two are the preferred/best candidates that the Tory party can put forward then we are royally screwed as a nation. 

Diane’s sister?

4 minutes ago, LVocey said:

She owned a chemist in Southampton…he doesn’t like to mention it though 

That tweet about him sounding exactly like Will from the Inbetweeners was spot on.