Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

Just very confused by what Owen Jones is trying to achieve here.

It's because he's a contrarian of the Left.

His position flits depending on what might generate the most hits and enlarge his donation account. One minute he was pro-Corbyn, then he was slating Corbyn, then I lost track of where he was on Corbyn (and I suspect he did too). Then he was pro-Starmer. Currently he's riding the Far Left wave of being anti-Starmer.

The only constant throughout is that he is always a ****.

16 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The presenter Kate McCann fainted but is OK according to the BBC. 

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Did Truss send her into a trance?

Easy win for Sunak in the next debate:

"Liz your foreign policy literally sends people to sleep"

54 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Easy win for Sunak in the next debate:

"Liz your foreign policy literally sends people to sleep"

"I worked at my Mum's chemist in Southampton, I'll provide the medicine"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Assume no one has been following the latest debate - it has come off air after a crashing sound of what could be the presenter collapsing:

She looks utterly clueless of what to do when someone faints, wonders towards the presenter with no rush, urgency or care. 

Imagine what she will be like when running the country

13 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

She looks utterly clueless of what to do when someone faints, wonders towards the presenter with no rush, urgency or care. 

Imagine what she will be like when running the country

That’s harsh, she is probably in shock 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

How have the met got away with all.of this?

Unbelievable. 

If this was a 3rd world country you could understand the corruption but this is supposed to be a civilised country with the police force supposed to be looking after society.

Its farcical. People higher up should be ashamed.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Can't tell if you're taking the piss here lol

I just put myself in her shoes, if that's me I'm rushing over to make sure she's ok. 

The way she looks across and then feebly stumbles towards her makes me think she's looked across to an advisor who's gestured for her to help coz it's good optics but she still don't know what the **** to do. 

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek though 

On 23/07/2022 at 21:53, FoxesDeb said:

There has, but passports didn't need to be checked quite as stringently prior to Brexit when UK passport holders had freedom of movement. 

Funny Thing is,they got the Contract to produced put passports they should know who the hell is going through by now..:crylaugh:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Awaits the cult member defence of these scum

Its a huge problem

the general population over the age of 45 is broadly racist, misogynistic and homophobic at worst and ‘accepting’ of these traits in colleagues/family/friends at best.

if you think this doesn’t apply to you then look back through your WhatsApp messages and see how often you challenged some of the inappropriate posts in there (I’m guilty btw) 

any large organisation is going to be representative of this 

breaking up the met into a lot of smaller forces will create more problems than it solves. We need local commanders across the capital who are beacons of morality etc and will effect change in those that serve the public. 

don’t hold your breath ……

• Like 2

Just now, Strokes said:

Most police forces are full of cùnts.

I dunno about full, because there are undoubtedly good coppers, but I'm starting to see there is a very real problem with many police forces the world over. Maybe something inherent in giving a (predominantly) young male intake a badge and even a gun, and putting them in an environment that can bring out the worst. I'm even starting to see the 'why' of the calls to defend the police. "Root and branch" reform can only work if there is enough good wood.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Its a huge problem

the general population over the age of 45 is broadly racist, misogynistic and homophobic at worst and ‘accepting’ of these traits in colleagues/family/friends at best.

if you think this doesn’t apply to you then look back through your WhatsApp messages and see how often you challenged some of the inappropriate posts in there (I’m guilty btw) 

breaking up the met into a lot of smaller forces will create more problems than it solves. We need local commanders across the capital who are beacons of morality etc and will effect change in those that serve the public. 

I think this is a bit harsh, I’d say it’s about 50/50 in my circle although those who are broadly anti-racist, it’s probably because they’ve learnt it from their kids. 

I'm going to guess that @st albans fox is referring to more than simply overt racism, misogyny and homophobia. I think most of us (myself included) have some form of -ist attitudes that go unnoticed/unchallenged until they bubble up, sometimes even catching us by surprise.

Certainly I think the statement...

...is a fair assessment. The thing for me is to be aware of these behaviours/attitudes (we all have) when they arise and not feel beholden to them. Use them as an awakening rather than a direction; a call to change rather than perpetuate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

And a stupid one of those.  Seeing the Stonewall types turn on him though is one of the funniest things ever to happen on twitter.

I actually do feel a bit sorry for him on this. He’s saying that it’s not homophobic to say that the main victims of HIV and now Monkeypox are gay men, which is quite obvious to all. But there’s a large percentage are saying it is homophobic despite 95% of all monkey pox cases being in gay men.

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

I actually do feel a bit sorry for him on this. He’s saying that it’s not homophobic to say that the main victims of HIV and now Monkeypox are gay men, which is quite obvious to all. But there’s a large percentage are saying it is homophobic despite 95% of all monkey pox cases being in gay men.

It snot even the example I was thinking of, but he has discovering you can never be extreme enough for these idiots.  They will turn on everyone eventually until they are down to the last ****wit.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Its a huge problem

This is not my experience in life. Perhaps we mix in different circles but I don't often hear or read things that I think are inappropriate from my work or social circles.

• Like 1