Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

I see Nandy is on manoeuvres today. Starmers time seems like its coming to an end. Neither he or his team cannot see past appealing to a tiny section or the electorate that would never vote Labour on any given day. 

11 hours ago, Dames said:

I see Nandy is on manoeuvres today. Starmers time seems like its coming to an end. Neither he or his team cannot see past appealing to a tiny section or the electorate that would never vote Labour on any given day. 

Not a chance, there was a poll yesterday that had Labour 14 points ahead of the tories, they’re not going to change a leader now. Starmer has a plan and ultimately, aided and abetted by the dreadful tories, it’s working. 

8 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

8 hours ago, kenny said:

Thankfully it isn't true as Jo and Alex would have realised had they bothered to read the article.

It’s not actually a contract for £70bn but it’s still ridiculous 

you wouldn’t ask the local milk delivery man to be responsible for controlling how the entire U.K. dairy production and delivery works.

Edited by st albans fox

11 hours ago, Dames said:

9 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Sultana’s been picketing as well. Capt Hindsight’s days are numbered, regrettably. 

I thought that the issue isn’t showing public support for striking workers but for making up policy when interviewed. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not actually a contract for £70bn but it’s still ridiculous 

you wouldn’t ask the local milk delivery man to be responsible for the entire U.K. dairy production and delivery. 

Framework management is a small specific role. I don't know about the company but they appear to have all the experience necessary. The contract will be worth a few hundred k per year I expect.

They will be operating the framework itself not making real decisions, it's administration really not being responsible for the production of net zero.

They will have had to demonstrate that they have the experience, resources and offer value to the public sector. The government wouldn't have gotten near the decision making.

Good to put on Twitter though to get people foaming.

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Framework management is a small specific role. I don't know about the company but they appear to have all the experience necessary. The contract will be worth a few hundred k per year I expect.

They will be operating the framework itself not making real decisions, it's administration really not being responsible for the production of net zero.

They will have had to demonstrate that they have the experience, resources and offer value to the public sector. The government wouldn't have gotten near the decision making.

Good to put on Twitter though to get people foaming.

Doesn’t it get around the requirement to make all procurement procedures transparent by creating a group of approved companies that can bid each time - a bit of a closed shop ???.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Just out of curiosity, why are you anti-Trump and pro-Biden? 

Holy shit... we are going to need to invent a new internet, this one isnt going to have enough space for this answer lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Not a chance, there was a poll yesterday that had Labour 14 points ahead of the tories, they’re not going to change a leader now. Starmer has a plan and ultimately, aided and abetted by the dreadful tories, it’s working. 

The issue is, that may not work for that long if the tories get their house at least somewhat in order. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Doesn’t it get around the requirement to make all procurement procedures transparent by creating a group of approved companies that can bid each time - a bit of a closed shop ???.

The procurement of the framework administration will have been just that.

To get onto the framework as a business you have to meet all the requirements to be on the framework for a set period of time, usually 3-6 years. Each 'lot' or discipline has between 6-12 business competing for the lots based upon performance and the size.

To get onto a framework is an expensive and cumbersome process (thanks to those enterprising civil servants that create them!) so you wouldn't get anyone winning the works for that many contracts as it would be too expensive to bid. It would then end up a closed door handshake as businesses refused to take on certain contracts.

Frameworks aren't perfect but they are better than other options.

Anyway, there must be another twitter story about JRM selling cats for their fur or something.

46 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The issue is, that may not work for that long if the tories get their house at least somewhat in order. 

But what would getting their house in order look like? Nothing Truss has offered will make anything easier this winter, 12 years of Toryism is being torn apart by…Truss and Sunak. “We’re going to sort out own mess” won’t work anymore, evil policies which appeal to right wing people won’t appeal to moderate swing voters. 

1 hour ago, taupe said:

I know someone that was pro Trump and pro Corbyn. Baffled the carp out of me but what's that got to do with it.

Both ‘anti establishment’ I guess. Trump actually challenged the status quo in the States, which I find interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

He's still not cutting through with the general public. Once the Boris hangover goes and Truss gets a few more populist headlines under her belt the herd will begin to move. It always does in this country

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I thought that the issue isn’t showing public support for striking workers but for making up policy when interviewed. 

The official line was that they are a Government in waiting and Governments don't join on picket lines. The unions that fund the Labour party are rightly extremely angry so the position is changing fluidly. The Tarry excuse was rushed out, Tarry didn't help himself at all mind.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've read articles about this several times and I still Just can't get my head around how fvcked up it is. 

You, me, and two Tory MPs I spoke to this morning.

The pair of them are spiralling down a far right hole trying to out-do each other for the rabid Nazi blue rinse vote…as if that will win them anything in the long term. 

I expect Sunak to retort with a plan to make National Service compulsory and a pledge to criminalise sitting during the national anthem.  

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think he had a lot of the right ideas, but also a lot of warped ones as well, and then the ones where he was right, he usually didn't convey or put across well.

TBH making sure the Artemis Program lasted beyond his tenure wasn't bad.

But that's about it for right ideas.

Edited by leicsmac

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Yea, not happening mate. 

04C2BC27-94D4-4154-8AAA-063D4B4D3AA3.jpeg

Labour 2024 election slogan: "Get Levelling Up Done"?

The slogan won't happen as it's more than 3 words - political parties seem to believe (perhaps correctly) that "those crucial swing voters" can't cope with more than 3 words.

But if the Tories do go down this road, Labour should adopt the policy, if not the slogan - indeed, they should be advocating REAL levelling up, anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Labour 2024 election slogan: "Get Levelling Up Done"?

The slogan won't happen as it's more than 3 words - political parties seem to believe (perhaps correctly) that "those crucial swing voters" can't cope with more than 3 words.

But if the Tories do go down this road, Labour should adopt the policy, if not the slogan - indeed, they should be advocating REAL levelling up, anyway.

I guess the 4 worded Make America Great Again worked for His Orangeness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Both ‘anti establishment’ I guess. Trump actually challenged the status quo in the States, which I find interesting. 

Yes, you've pretty much nailed it. My friend is somewhat a contrarian. Bolshy to the core and against the tide swimmer. Strangely, that's now pretty popular!