Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

16 minutes ago, kenny said:

I would like to visit at some point.

That doesn't mean that many people living that close together is healthy though. I suspect without knowing that apartments in Korea wouldn't meet the UK minimum space standards. It would also involve a shift in attitude for the UK population to accept living in high rise apartments.

It would be living hell for me. Well it wouldn’t be living more like existing. 

55 minutes ago, kenny said:

I would like to visit at some point.

That doesn't mean that many people living that close together is healthy though. I suspect without knowing that apartments in Korea wouldn't meet the UK minimum space standards. It would also involve a shift in attitude for the UK population to accept living in high rise apartments.

37 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It would be living hell for me. Well it wouldn’t be living more like existing. 

Quality of life and life expectancy in Korea are both on a par of not ahead of the UK, so I would submit that it's not that big a problem. Of course, it's not all great; workplace and school culture that breeds an immense amount of stress is pervasive here.

It's the idea of change that would be the biggest obstacle, yes. But that's a psychological rather than a practical one.

22 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

What a <blank>.

Land well with the members though.

Yes, our Council tax is one of the highest in the country. We're are constantly told by our Council and MP that it's due to central government underfunding. Something like 70% of the councils budget has to be raised directly from council tax. Not everyone who lives in rural areas are wealthy, far from it.

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's said out of desperation, but it's an immensely thick admission to make when you know cameras are on you.

he knows which way the wind is blowing and he also knows that he's viewed as being too liberal.  if he wants to get into truss' cabinet, he needs to re affirm his right wing ness 

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Imagine being thick enough to say that publicly.

Just confirming what those of us who would never Tory already knew about their leveling up agenda.  Never dreamt though that anyone from their top table would admit it to camera.  Thicker than I thought,  and to think he's the sensible one of the two contenders for the leadership. 

• Like 3

On 04/08/2022 at 17:39, Finnegan said:

Okay, yes. Just to caveat that - I think we'd be in an infinitely better situation if Brexit hadn't happened so if Cameron had lost then, sure, we'd be better off. 

But, maybe I'm jaded, but I really don't think we'd be vastly better off if Corbyn had gotten in post Brexit. Man wanted Leave anyway. P

Corbyn would've been ousted pretty quickly I'd have thought, Corbyn betraying his principles on brexit as well didn't make him the right man to negotiate 

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Fvcking hell. 

"inherited it from the Labour Party." Eh? You inherited it from Javid, who inherited it from Hammond, who inherited it from Osbourne. The Tories have been in power for 12 years you fvcking numbskull. 

Part of me thinks this might be a tactical leak in order to appeal to hardcore Tory members, but even so, it speaks volumes that this is what it takes to win votes from these people. They genuinely hate the poor. 

I've said it umpteen times, but the biggest scandal of them all was the Tories - along with their newspaper pals - somehow manipulating the working classes of this country into thinking that the Conservatives come even close to representing them. 

The more I see and hear Sunak the bigger the fraud he becomes. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Wow.  Disagree with a section of the population and call them militant.  🙄

We're walking full on into a disaster here come September 5th.

They were apparently extinction rebellion activists. How did they get in is what I’d want to know. 

9 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

The more I see and hear Sunak the bigger the fraud he becomes. 

Both of these are massive frauds. Truss has nothing apart from lies and empty promises which she could never follow through with. Sunak likewise. The tories are done and need an election loss or two (or fifty) to rediscover themselves. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Both of these are massive frauds. Truss has nothing apart from lies and empty promises which she could never follow through with. Sunak likewise. The tories are done and need an election loss or two (or fifty) to rediscover themselves. 

Frankly I think they reflect British political parties in general. Their policies are divisive, they've all become tribal. To me the Country is fractured it's left v Right, well that's how it feels to me. It's depressing, as I can't see how any party is going to solve this state of malaise we're in and unite the country. But you're probably right, unless there is a massive change which is very unlikely the next government will be Labour or a labour coalition.

• Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino

The 10 minute Mick Lynch video is superb. I’m not a huge fan of fawning over media appearances (think half is strength is not being a media trained robot) or social media stuff when he hasn’t actually achieved anything but I’m joining the fawning train.

Yet again why is somebody else a better Leader of the Opposition than the Leader of the Opposition? 

Clearly daily Westminster politics is different and maybe he’d get found out like the rest of them but why do we get some absolute shite rise through the ranks/why do they become so useless when they’re in that environment?