Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I hesitate to be critical of people who think differently from me but some of these creatures shouldn't be allowed out the ****ing house let alone be able to vote.

“What does being a conservative mean to you?”

Being a total fvcking axe wound. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Brexit is a disaster, we’re heading for a recession, a large part of our society will be struggling to keep

warm in a few weeks time and what’s our future Prime Minister worried about, WOKE CULTURE.

These cnts need to be out of office for a generation.

He had the temerity (and smirk) to suggest the fuel crisis was all down to Gordon Brown not investing in atomic, yesterday. There’ll be people believing that. I could happily embed a machete in his skull. There’s not a sentence he utters that doesn’t make me wish for explosives or a sharp object. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

He had the temerity (and smirk) to suggest the fuel crisis was all down to Gordon Brown not investing in atomic, yesterday. There’ll be people believing that. I could happily embed a machete in his skull. There’s not a sentence he utters that doesn’t make me wish for explosives or a sharp object. 

What a disgusting thing to say. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, bovril said:

I think this is probably the right wing's greatest achievement of the last decade, convincing a great deal of people this is true

This definitely.

Alot of the more traditional working class voted brexit to combat immigration alot where saying that this would help drive up wages. Then when the wages start going up they are told don't ask for a wage rise because it'll cause a wage price spiral. I'm still convinced the tories will get in again despite their track record on 'governance' of the last 6/8 years

11 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

Brexit is a disaster, we’re heading for a recession, a large part of our society will be struggling to keep

warm in a few weeks time and what’s our future Prime Minister worried about, WOKE CULTURE.

These cnts need to be out of office for a generation.

Governing for 160k people.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I know this thread is basically a hysterical left wing echo chamber nowadays but this is absolutely disgusting.  

Get a grip of yourself.  Log off for a while and go for a walk.  

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment here, a comment on the bolded:

Perhaps there is a compelling reason why the current government are getting pelters from all and sundry on here at the present time? Or to put it another way; it's there a compelling reason for it *not* to be criticised right now? (Which doesn't equal left-wing thought or "echo chamber" btw; there's been plenty of criticism from folks here who are hardly left-wing.)

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment here, a comment on the bolded:

Perhaps there is a compelling reason why the current government are getting pelters from all and sundry on here at the present time? Or to put it another way; it's there a compelling reason for it *not* to be criticised right now? (Which doesn't equal left-wing thought or "echo chamber" btw; there's been plenty of criticism from folks here who are hardly left-wing.)

Oh absolutely, in my private life I have been very critical of the current government and it was clear that things couldn't continue.  The Government and the PM have been MIA for a year now and so the party did the right thing in voting for a change.  

However I am genuinely skeptical what levers the new PM is going to be able to pull to turn the economy around in the all important medium to long-term.  This is a global downturn with most of those pressures being out of our control.  Hopefully things begin to ease in the new year but it's going to be hugely challenging.  

I used to be very active in this forum but haven't posted much at all the past couple of years but on the rare occasion I dip in I read a lot of the hate and conspiracy bollocks I remember from my 6th form days.  Now we see a forum member stating they want to murder a politician for daring to have an alternative political opinion.

Not for me chief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ahh the snowflakes, you just cant say anything these days. damned woke people etc etc etc. lol

People who support a government who turn away refugees, support the destruction of our planet and have forced thousands onto the streets...getting all in a tizz about words on a football forum.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Oh absolutely, in my private life I have been very critical of the current government and it was clear that things couldn't continue.  The Government and the PM have been MIA for a year now and so the party did the right thing in voting for a change.  

However I am genuinely skeptical what levers the new PM is going to be able to pull to turn the economy around in the all important medium to long-term.  This is a global downturn with most of those pressures being out of our control.  Hopefully things begin to ease in the new year but it's going to be hugely challenging.  

I used to be very active in this forum but haven't posted much at all the past couple of years but on the rare occasion I dip in I read a lot of the hate and conspiracy bollocks I remember from my 6th form days.  Now we see a forum member stating they want to murder a politician for daring to have an alternative political opinion.

Not for me chief.

Fair enough, though I will say comparatively the UK is wearing the current difficult times worse than other places, statistical evidence exists for that. And for that the current government is responsible.

With respect to general polarised views and online hate, well... while it didn't *start* with two big political events in 2016 (the Brexit view and the US election), I'm of the opinion that the way those two events were executed exacerbated matters hugely and drew lines in the sand that are still very much there today.

And I'm honestly not sure how that might be resolved, but it really needs to be. Lack of unity on certain matters, both between parties and nation states, will come to no good end.

• Like 1

Well thank goodness I didn’t detail the month of torture I have planned for Rees Mogg and Dorries. I don’t know how the delicate, sensitive souls on the Right would’ve coped. With such a caring side being shown, it’s amazing they continue to support an administration that is responsible for bodies during Covid and the UC rollout, and will be for the deaths during winter. It’s almost like it’s just faux outrage on an online forum…but that couldn’t be true surely? If only all of life’s problems could be solved as easily as using a block button.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Not for me chief.

No, do please stick around.

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Ahh the snowflakes, you just cant say anything these days. damned woke people etc etc etc. lol

People who support a government who turn away refugees, support the destruction of our planet and have forced thousands onto the streets...getting all in a tizz about words on a football forum.

:crylaugh:Go take a look in at Dover docks.

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

I genuinely don't understand why being "left wing" is a bad thing. 

My understanding of it, is that "the left" as a general rule want a state that supports the most needing in society. 

Is that a bad moral compass to have?

I'd be really interested in people's thoughts. Why is "being left" bad???

Do gooders
Tree huggers
Progressives
etc

All words that are positive but are used by money obessesed greedy scum to try and use as a slur.... if it doesnt make money it doesnt matter to these selfish bog buckets

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I genuinely don't understand why being "left wing" is a bad thing. 

My understanding of it, is that "the left" as a general rule want a state that supports the most needing in society. 

Is that a bad moral compass to have?

I'd be really interested in people's thoughts. Why is "being left" bad???

I don’t think it’s inherently a bad thing. Taking Christianity for example - I don’t want to sidetrack here onto belief in God/Jesus, etc., but the message portrayed in the Gospels is very naturally left wing. Love thy neighbour, sharing food so 5000 could eat, the tale of the Good Samaritan, and more. It’s a good message to aspire to, similar to John Lennon’s Imagine, which ironically then invites us to imagine no religion and everyone living in peace.

The problem as far as I see is: “Life’s not that simple”. Imagine for a moment coming across a room with a fire in it, seeing your child in one corner and another random child in another; you can only save one, which do you save? An extreme example maybe, but I raise it to illustrate a point that we are emotional creatures making emotional decisions. When the chips are down, we help our own first. The question then becomes one of where we draw the line between helping ourselves, those close to us and wider society.

Far left ideology would describe this as flawed, either that we shouldn’t be prioritising “our own” at all, or that the line be drawn only after the most exceptional of circumstances. But then other problems appear: Why should you dedicate yourself to helping society, when your neighbour is doing everything they can to help themselves and their family, such that their child gets advantages in life that yours doesn’t? Can you accept that emotional burden? Can your child? Also, if everyone is prioritised equally, why should you endeavour to work hard when others are getting the same and an easy life with it. Does that make you feel stupid in comparison or proud?
You could seek to control all this through governance, which of course then leads away from liberty and towards authoritarian communism. So you then lose freedom. Is that a good thing? (It isn’t.)

None of this is to say that I’m supporting hard right policies - I’m not. Going too far the other way brings its own problems and a society that fails to provide for our human needs and emotions in different ways. I find the hard left to be preachy and naïve. I also find the hard right to be preachy and naïve. So to me it’s a question of balance, and we may draw the line in different places but I don’t necessarily see anything wrong in that because we all have different needs, desires and emotions. And to lean into @BlueSi13’s post, echo chambers on either side tend to move away from balance, or even discussion that there should be balance. It doesn’t actually matter whether the echo chamber is left wing or right wing, the problem is whether it’s an echo chamber.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1