Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Let's just hope Truss is thick enough to call a snap election...

Only hope of a snap election would surely be if the tory leadership vote gets proper spicy and splits the party. Rishi has plenty of MPs behind him after all, even if he doesn't seem so popular with the membership.

They all know they'll be out on their arses if people got to vote though. So I'd say no hope.

On 20/08/2022 at 09:19, Finnegan said:

Not gonna lie, I'm an absolute novice when it comes to water treatment. I know fvck all and wouldn't pass myself off as an expert. 

Is the "sewage" in question literally just human waste or are they dumping toxic chemicals too? 

Polio virus does that  count??

50 minutes ago, bovril said:

Save electricity, burn piles of the Express. 

I'd bring in foreign workers to cover the work whilst they are striking.

Imagine the conflicting feelings of the Express readers.

On 20/08/2022 at 10:52, Fazzer 7 said:

I don’t disagree. But reading previous posts suggest we’re the only country engaging in the disgraceful practice, one even suggested it’s the fault of Brexit. We’re not the only ones, that was the only point I was making. Not sure where carbon emissions come into it. Is there carbon in shi*e😂

It is not directly the fault of Brexit, it is the fault of privatisation and the funnelling of funds into shareholder profits instead of investment. How many water companies in continental Europe are owned by British companies?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

It is not directly the fault of Brexit, it is the fault of privatisation and the funnelling of funds into shareholder profits instead of investment. How many water companies in continental Europe are owned by British companies?

Climate change is the bigger issue. The current planning and water regulations are designed to reduce the impact of storm water flows into the system. The type of rain we have is becoming more tropical in its nature and we get heavy downpours that overload the sewers.

To upgrade the network would involve digging up all of the roads in the country that currently have combined sewer systems, which is in the order of 100,000km. This would double the capacity, but more importantly would stop sewage being washed into the waterways.

I doubt there is much appetite anywhere for anyone to carry out those sort of upgrades.

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This has got to be a wind up.

If it's not it deeply concerns me that Pamela is allowed to vote

Sadly I don't think that's a wind up, but rather a popular opinion among a certain demographic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I seriously believe that if Johnson wants another go then the party will give it to him - and it could be before the next GE …

that is dependent on continuity candidate truss winning (which seems inevitable) 

There is no way back for Johnson with the country. His actions over the past couple of weeks have proved that. People have finally realised what he is. If the Conservative party want to restore him as leader then go for it, it will be a Labour landslide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

There is no way back for Johnson with the country. His actions over the past couple of weeks have proved that. People have finally realised what he is. If the Conservative party want to restore him as leader then go for it, it will be a Labour landslide. 

I dunno having someone even worse in charge might make those that voted for him in the first place want him back. If Truss is half as bad as we all think she will be then she might be out by the next GE and Boris could be a desperate last throw of the dice.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I dunno having someone even worse in charge might make those that voted for him in the first place want him back. If Truss is half as bad as we all think she will be then she might be out by the next GE and Boris could be a desperate last throw of the dice.

This 

the Tory MP’s will do anything approaching the next GE to try and keep their seats if she’s doing as badly as everyone expects 

and the public have already proved how stupid they are on several occasions when given a piece of paper and a pencil ….