Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I see truss has insulted mnsr macron …… I guess if she’d been foreign sec or something like that she would know how to speak about foreign dignitaries……

Plays well with the base though, not fans of the French. Cheese-eating surrender monkeys, you see.

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Plays well with the base though, not fans of the French. Cheese-eating surrender monkeys, you see.

To be balanced, the French president has been known to chuck the odd insult in election campaigns ….  But she could have answered in a much better way. 

Edited by st albans fox

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I see truss has insulted mnsr macron …… I guess if she’d been foreign sec or something like that she would know how to speak about foreign dignitaries……

This has just cemented in my mind, as if there was any need, that Truss is simply good old fashioned thick

• Like 2

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To be balanced, the French president has been known to chuck the odd insult in election campaigns ….  But she could have answered in a much better way. 

Thing is I don't think Truss can answer in a better way. She is in way above her head and desperate to play to the gallery. This and the Sturgeon question illustrated this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Thing is I don't think Truss can answer in a better way. She is in way above her head and desperate to play to the gallery. This and the Sturgeon question illustrated this. 

Correct. Tories have got high on their own supply. She is trying to talk tough on Sturgeon and Macron as the country hurtles towards probably the biggest social crisis since the war. Terrifying. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Well we’re gonna find out within a fortnight when she’s no longer ‘playing to the gallery’

They'll announce something in the autumn. They seem to like to let things get really bad then swoop in to deliver something inadequate but better than nothing (e.g. the Brexit 'deal'). It'll probably boost them in the polls so they're only a couple of points behind Labour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I reckon Truss could pull off a miracle and land the Tories in third place. 

Hope so.

Depends how many sheep are going to willingly put a cross next to their Tory MP.  Costa for example has thrown his weight behind Truss this week.  How many in South Leicestershire are willing to buck the trend when the time comes?

6 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This has just cemented in my mind, as if there was any need, that Truss is simply good old fashioned thick

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Well we’re gonna find out within a fortnight when she’s no longer ‘playing to the gallery’

6 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I think she will say and do anything to further her ambition. Once fulfilled goodness knows what harm she will do  

This is what really worries me. She's claimed to be the one to see us through the energy cost crisis but hasn't said how. But she's pledged to reduce taxation, revoke the NI increase. How then, will she fund any protection against energy bills and the CoL crisis looming? (I'm not referring to @Col city fanbtw lol)

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1