Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

12 hours ago, Captain... said:

Really? Not a single piece? I've been to loads of festivals and always try my best, but sometimes the facilities aren't there, bins are over flowing or things get knocked over, spill out, blow away or just when drunk having a good times without deliberately trying to make a mess it just happens, things get forgotten, left behind or over looked. Even with the best intentions in the world everyone will be leaving some mess behind after 3-4 days at a music festival, multiply that by tens of thousands of people and yes some dickheads it easily turns into a huge mess. 

I've certainly picked up more of others than I could have accidentally dropped of my own.  It would just never occur to me not to pick up something I dropped, even if that means running across a field like a numpty :)

12 hours ago, bovril said:

I can't imagine a lot of young people have much civic pride these days and why would they? Britain is a shithole for young people now. 

I have to say it feels very different where we are in Perth.  Councils have proper funding to look after things, and that has a knock on effect on people's behavior.  I am sure that is not the case everywhere, but there is certainly more pride.  

23 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I’ve seen a lot of stuff like this from the Leeds and Reading festivals this weekend. Festival’s?! Has there ever been a more sanctimonious hypocritical entitled generation than these lot, addicted to consumerism. Then you’ll see them blocking oil refineries and gluing themselves to roads, to “save the planet” But hey ho let’s blame the boomers. 
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNcM7RXG/

You'd almost have a good point were it not for the fact that a lot of the people blocking oil refineries and gluing themselves to the roads are clearly Boomers.   Infact I'd go one further then that and argue that that Boomers and millennials make up the majority of climate activists as they generally have more disposable income (for differing reasons)  and free time then say Gen Zs do.

Edited by foxes1988

18 hours ago, leicsmac said:

This keeps cropping up as if it's some kind of point of contention or negative, rather than a necessity, a small part of a global solution that will at least save hundreds of millions of lives and at most actually keep human civilisation going for longer than it otherwise would.

May I ask why?

(And to forestall rehashed responses, "the bigger players aren't doing it so why should we?" is both inaccurate as a response and unacceptable as a solution anyway.)

It is all just name slinging. As a socitey hunanity has to decarbonise. Its just a plain fact that fossil fuels are unsustainable . So the end goal is always a renewable way of using energy and anyone who says otherwise just cant do maths.  All that is really being argued is that we are aiming to decarbonise too fast .  But it's much easier and less nuanced to just call someone a zealot then address the issue with facts and dialogue 

Edited by foxes1988

Yep, some form of PR needs to be looked at. Or at least some degree of electoral reform. The UK is ping-ponging, going nowhere locked in a binary battle. Each side more afraid of losing power than working for the nation.

On 30/08/2022 at 10:12, Fazzer 7 said:

I’ve seen a lot of stuff like this from the Leeds and Reading festivals this weekend. Festival’s?! Has there ever been a more sanctimonious hypocritical entitled generation than these lot, addicted to consumerism. Then you’ll see them blocking oil refineries and gluing themselves to roads, to “save the planet” But hey ho let’s blame the boomers. 
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNcM7RXG/

See above.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is it just me or is his farewell tour even sadder knowing that he's taking Nadine with him?

Fbau8yMWIAQ8pxv?format=jpg&name=medium

I found it sad the pair of them weren’t buried alive in that hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is it just me or is his farewell tour even sadder knowing that he's taking Nadine with him?

Fbau8yMWIAQ8pxv?format=jpg&name=medium

"When you're in the shit, you need to know when to stop digging... Nadine.... Nadine"!

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Silver lining of a truss premiership is the demise of priti patel 

the tarnishing of that lining is v quick as you realise she will be replaced by Suella  Braverman ……

I’ll raise a glass to that actually. Patel has been a complete and utter failure, beaten only by Dorries. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I’ll raise a glass to that actually. Patel has been a complete and utter failure, beaten only by Dorries. 

Suella would like to thank you personally for your support

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Suella would like to thank you personally for your support

It won't amount to much anyway, because come 2024 we'll have a Labour government and all the problems will ebb away.

30 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Tory MPs and members really have got their finger on the pulse haven't they?

One way of getting people off the motorway.

Either avoiding the chaos or very quickly into the nearby fields.