Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

“Unlike the former Leader of the Opposition, I will not give up on this country and will get down to the more important matters of the War in Ukraine.”

You can guarantee Boris comes out with something like that if Starmer resigns and won’t follow suit.

Yep.

A good war is good for leadership legacy, after all. Just a shame about all the dead bodies and associated suffering, but what does that matter, right? (Especially when they're not "your own".)

9 minutes ago, LVocey said:

The only move Starmer could really make, but it’s a beautifully brave one. If he doesn’t get fined he comes out of it beautifully 

Rayner also going if fined. Thats a real positive move, the best thing for Labour now is clearing her out and probably Starmer too.

19 minutes ago, LVocey said:

The only move Starmer could really make, but it’s a beautifully brave one. If he doesn’t get fined he comes out of it beautifully 

He’s an idiot for getting himself in this position in the first place.  Where did all the competent politicians go?

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He’s an idiot for getting himself in this position in the first place.  Where did all the competent politicians go?

Q: What will you do if Durham police do not issue a fine, but if they say you broke the rules anyway

Starmer replies:

"The penalty for a Covid breach is a fixed penalty. And I’ve set out what the position is in relation to that. Thank you very much."

That implies that he wouldn’t. He seems to be arguing that if the penalty for a breach of the rules is a fine, then if he does not get a fine, he has not broken the rules.

Not so much, Durham Police have already said they don't do retrospective action for covid cases in the same way they didn't with Cummings. Reckon he is banking on that.

Just now, kenny said:

Q: What will you do if Durham police do not issue a fine, but if they say you broke the rules anyway

Starmer replies:

"The penalty for a Covid breach is a fixed penalty. And I’ve set out what the position is in relation to that. Thank you very much."

That implies that he wouldn’t. He seems to be arguing that if the penalty for a breach of the rules is a fine, then if he does not get a fine, he has not broken the rules.

Not so much, Durham Police have already said they don't do retrospective action for covid cases in the same way they didn't with Cummings. Reckon he is banking on that.

I read it as that being the penalty that's automatically triggered if he's found in breach, i.e. the two things are one and the same?

22 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I read it as that being the penalty that's automatically triggered if he's found in breach, i.e. the two things are one and the same?

The police would decide to issue a FPN or give a slap on the wrist. If Cummings didn't fined then maybe they won't fine Starmer.

The Labour PCC for Durham won't be pressing too hard for a FPN I don't think!

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I reckon @kenny has it bang on, however I also disagree that this whole charade damages Starmer in the same way (to me).

Starmer didn’t make the rules, he didn’t subvert them in the same way, it’s not the same betrayal I feel. He, if proven, has been a twat, but in the current circumstances and precedence shouldn’t even bother acknowledging it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I reckon @kenny has it bang on, however I also disagree that this whole charade damages Starmer in the same way (to me).

Starmer didn’t make the rules, he didn’t subvert them in the same way, it’s not the same betrayal I feel. He, if proven, has been a twat, but in the current circumstances and precedence shouldn’t even bother acknowledging it.

It's a persona issue. Boris sells himself as a bumbler that makes the odd error.

Kier is the serious solution and antidote to Boris. If its shown that he couldn't follow the rules it makes a bigger dent into his image than it would another politician.

Just now, kenny said:

It's a persona issue. Boris sells himself as a bumbler that makes the odd error.

Kier is the serious solution and antidote to Boris. If its shown that he couldn't follow the rules it makes a bigger dent into his image than it would another politician.

Amazing how Milliband got destroyed for every error despite also being sold as a bumbler.

I think what you mean is - it's a party issue. Boris is in the party which is mates with the tabloid press, Starmer isn't.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bovril said:

Labour have really ****ed this up badly I feel

I disagree…it’s established them the moral high ground when all news of the other parties comes back around.

Starmer gets fined and goes - Labours new leader can say “our party changed leaders because of fines and the conservatives don’t think the same rules apply”

Starmer doesn’t get fined - he can always point to the fact he would have done and hold it against Boris until he’s gone or until general election.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LVocey said:

I disagree…it’s established them the moral high ground when all news of the other parties comes back around.

Starmer gets fined and goes - Labours new leader can say “our party changed leaders because of fines and the conservatives don’t think the same rules apply”

Starmer doesn’t get fined - he can always point to the fact he would have done and hold it against Boris until he’s gone or until general election.

Absolutely spot on.

This stance fvcks Bozo right up! (and all the cretins that have defended him)!

That Teflon turd swirling around in the pan might just get flushed away after all.

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

FB_IMG_1652133329044.jpg

9 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Journalism at it's finest. No agenda of course though...

Two front pages and literally nothing on either of them matters in any way in the context of what’s going on in wider Britain, Europe and the rest of the world. It’s not journalism, it’s just animal feed.

• Like 2