Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Well yes that’s a given 🙄 The oil and gas companies pay corporation tax at 40% twice that of small companies. They’re taxed on profits already and there is an existing windfall tax in place. We need to be self sufficient in gas production not taxed to extinction. 

When they're making estimated (unexpected) profits of £170bn while consumers are seeing their bills go up by to record levels, businesses are being quoted 500%+ rises, having to lose staff or close entirely, then those profits are inappropriate and need to be taxed. But even then I don't trust this government to spend it wisely given their reprehensible waste during the pandemic and their knack of appointing charlatans to important roles. So I'm happy to let Truss fail so that when Labour get it in can be spent appropriately.

• Like 1

I've just been watching the debate and the whole place just emptied out.   I think we might be witnessing the falling of London Bridge i'm afraid. 

for the leaders and front benches of the parties to empty out, in the middle of a debate of this magnitude, means something serious is happening. 

3 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I've just been watching the debate and the whole place just emptied out.   I think we might be witnessing the falling of London Bridge i'm afraid. 

for the leaders and front benches of the parties to empty out, in the middle of a debate of this magnitude, means something serious is happening. 

It happens every time. As soon as the leaders are done talking and the Scottish bloke starts there's an exodus. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

It happens every time. As soon as the leaders are done talking and the Scottish bloke starts there's an exodus. 

for PMQ's perhaps... but not a policy debate around the Energy Support....  the message got around the house and Starmer and Truss left immediately. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Afraid it’s not just that, something more serious is happening. 

No matter what our politics and views on Royals it is fact that for anyone less than their mid/late 70s none of us remember anyone but the Queen as the constant in the background of our lives