Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Just now, Parafox said:

Oh dear. Worrying. I hesitate to ask, which charity? No idea what Tufton Street types means BTW.

Tufton St - generic term for shill charities/lobby groups who don’t disclose their funding, like the Tax Payers Alliance (not actually based in Tuffy St) and the Institute for Economic Affairs. They get their funding from Big T, fuel goliaths, and people like the Koch brothers. Rees Mogg is a frequent visitor, they pushed Brexit lies, they are bed fellows with ERG MPs and the extreme religious cranks in the party. 

I still believe in the core values of the charity I worked with and remain friends with a couple of trustees. I’m not going to talk about them in public, it’s poor form. An umbrella term would be that it works in public health. That nebulous enough to leave me feeling comfy 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

I like the fact she’s really bad at lying and says the first thing that comes out of her mouth. 
she’s going to be a lot of fun. 

Seriously worrying times ahead for the general population. SERIUOSLY.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Tufton St - generic term for shill charities/lobby groups who don’t disclose their funding, like the Tax Payers Alliance (not actually based in Tuffy St) and the Institute for Economic Affairs. They get their funding from Big T, fuel goliaths, and people like the Koch brothers. Rees Mogg is a frequent visitor, they pushed Brexit lies, they are bed fellows with ERG MPs and the extreme religious cranks in the party. 

I still believe in the core values of the charity I worked with and remain friends with a couple of trustees. I’m not going to talk about them in public, it’s poor form. An umbrella term would be that it works in public health. That nebulous enough to leave me feeling comfy 😁

Wow! Who knew/knows. Thumbs up to you for your integrity, though. 

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

You could argue for the thought process of some but in general, it’s more Tory middle to upper class crap 

She's worse than thatcher, there's a term i like in Dominican Spanish.. Hijo del diablo. She's a daughter of the devil. Neoliberalism pushed to its extreme.. Be prepared to suffer. It's like maxing out the ac unit. And worse of all we're stuck with useless opposition. 

Screenshot_2022-09-22-01-30-16-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Trouble spreading in Iran now. Not surprising the way women are treated in these Islamic Countries, it is truly shocking. It's high time this was given more coverage on the msm.

https://twitter.com/MahyarTousi/status/1572543141751967745?s=20&t=Nk3QfG9ti7MSw9-Xk-yXAw

I remember someone on here saying that Iran is the place in the world where there is the greatest difference between their government and their people (or somesuch).

Here's hoping that there is a government more representative of their people there soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

Seriously worrying times ahead for the general population. SERIUOSLY.

Not sorry not serious, she’s will be a disaster and I was joking not very well. Truss is so ridiculously bad I can’t help but laugh though and wonder how we got to the point where she’s leading us , it’s funny in a im laughing as the world ends kind of way. 

One thing I genuinely do like about Liz Truss is that she's not even trying to hide how absurdly, unashamedly stereotypical Bond villain evil she is so that if you're still mad enough to go out and vote for her you really have absolutely no excuses. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

If that does turn out true, I wonder where we sit constitutionally with the next leader. No Conservative leader will call an election as they would never get the majority they have now (that's best case), but surely they couldn't just keep rattling through leaders? Not related to the quote, but got me pondering. 

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Useless how? They've been ahead in the polls for a while and more than two-thirds of voters currently agree with their stance on the dominant issue of the day - a stance they've been pushing for months.

Remember that Nas is a dyed-in-the-wool Corbyn supporter. Aka a fantasist. 

Corbynistas actually like Conservatives in power because it's where they work best - Firing weak pelters from the outside and hammering home their utopia without realising that this country is predominantly right-wing. Power would scare the crap out of this group of people because, ya know, they'd have to do something.

Labour needs a leader who is willing to seem even a modicum of centrist to be able to win over the zealots. Labour could be at 80% in the polls under Starmer and it'd be rubbish for the Corbyn lot. If it's not him, or one of his closest allies, then it's not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

See Rees-Mogg is even getting push back from other Tories over the fracking issue 

Of course he has, it's a complete and utter grift that only people that fund right-wing think tanks want. I can't believe they've gone for it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

If that does turn out true, I wonder where we sit constitutionally with the next leader. No Conservative leader will call an election as they would never get the majority they have now (that's best case), but surely they couldn't just keep rattling through leaders? Not related to the quote, but got me pondering. 

You’d probably have Johnson back  :revenge:

• Sad 1

I've got to admit there is something seriously amiss with the Conservatives. They are eating themselves alive, I can't fathom it at all. They must be trying to scupper any chance of winning the next election in the knowledge that the economy is completely screwed and so Labour will have to pick up the mess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I can’t work out how they will monitor “active steps” to gain full employment. In theory, if someone is choosing part time work to part take in other activities and collecting Universal Credit to subsidise that than ok but how do you than manage the process to encourage them to engage in full time work. 

It seems like a policy that will be easy to get around and therefore a waste of time. 

On 22/09/2022 at 00:27, NasPb said:

She's worse than thatcher, there's a term i like in Dominican Spanish.. Hijo del diablo. She's a daughter of the devil. Neoliberalism pushed to its extreme.. Be prepared to suffer. It's like maxing out the ac unit. And worse of all we're stuck with useless opposition. 

Screenshot_2022-09-22-01-30-16-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Tell me why he is useless.