Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

20 minutes ago, martyn said:

Apparently  1/3 of all mortgage fixes in the UK expire at the end of 2023.

Imagine the carnage in the housing market if that comes to pass 

Anyone know what rate banks have been stress testing mortgages to? Can't be far off that surely. 

Tested mine to 6% before buying but have 2 years left on my fixed deal. Looking grim if it carries on at this rate though. 

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Letters of no confidence have been submitted to the 1922 this morning.

That’s was expected (maybe not so quickly)

given that under half of mp’s supported her, getting fifty letters can’t be that ridiculous a thought. Although I don’t see any way that she loses a leadership contest if there is one. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

On the contrary - nads needs her there to ensure her ‘baroness of brainlessville’  goes through and boris needs to wait longer than this to be re elected 

The deal clencher for abolishing the Lords right there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Apparently  1/3 of all mortgage fixes in the UK expire at the end of 2023.

Imagine the carnage in the housing market if that comes to pass 

Yep, it’s going to be chaos. We are fairly uniquely overexposed thanks to how or mortgage deals work on lower rates for fixed terms. Makes the chancellors gamble look even more reckless. Damage is already done though, would take something massive to shift the course of exchange rates now. 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

FFS - lifes essentials first, like water and energy, this is just pathetic union signalling

Shame has no colour

It would be rather odd for a shadow transport secretary to announce water and energy measures.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

It would be rather odd for a shadow transport secretary to announce water and energy measures.

Oh for sure, but if the party thinks this is a more important announcement than nationalising energy, in a term of energy insecurity, I am baffled

I am actually for a change, but come on, this is a sh*tty needless thing to comment on

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yep, it’s going to be chaos. We are fairly uniquely overexposed thanks to how or mortgage deals work on lower rates for fixed terms. Makes the chancellors gamble look even more reckless. Damage is already done though, would take something massive to shift the course of exchange rates now. 

Switched most of my mortgage accounts to 5 year fixed rates earlier this year and although they were more expensive than before for once I feel like I've been very fortunate

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Switched most of my mortgage accounts to 5 year fixed rates earlier this year and although they were more expensive than before for once I feel like I've been very fortunate

Yeah I’m moving next month and my new 5 year deal will start October but I locked it in months ago, so very lucky. Problem is the price of what I just bought it probably going to be obliterated over the next few years 😅 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah I’m moving next month and my new 5 year deal will start October but I locked it in months ago, so very lucky. Problem is the price of what I just bought it probably going to be obliterated over the next few years 😅 

Doubt it mate, they'll possibly go down but don't think we'll see anything major.

Anyway, a house is a home, think of it as so, better than paying someone elses mortgage renting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh for sure, but if the party thinks this is a more important announcement than nationalising energy, in a term of energy insecurity, I am baffled

I am actually for a change, but come on, this is a sh*tty needless thing to comment on

In light of the forthcoming strikes, it’s a relevant announcement 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Letters of no confidence have been submitted to the 1922 this morning.

I could be about to get something on my Deathlist/Bingo card right!

On 28/12/2021 at 13:39, urban.spaceman said:

Jack Nicholson

Joe Biden

Ghislaine Maxwell

Judi Dench

Pam St Clement

Under 40:

Shia LaBeouf

2022 Bonus:

Leicester will win the FA Cup again AND the UECL.

General election; Labour win.

Another brazen Super League attempt; the authorities do nothing again.

• Haha 1