Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

41 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

This is what happens when you make a bloke who read Classics a chancellor. He hasn’t a clue. I bet Rishi is wetting himself. I would expect a motion of no confidence tabled very soon. 

I bet he's sunning himself on a beach in some tax haven with a smug little grin on his face.

Rishi knew.

IMG-20220926-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d01b3c3235a621bcf2037eb8c91240c0.jpg

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Massive. 

Would kill off the Tories for good I think. Although it ultimately depends which “block” the LibDems would join. Right now you’d assume they’d side with Labour although they were closer to the Tories under David Cameron

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Stop with your woke nonsense. Honestly, are you saying Mussolini was Far Right too? This is getting stupid. All he ever wanted to do was improve train times and show everyone how much he loved his country - which is kind of like today’s Labour Party conference if you think about it.  And maybe a little bit of fascism too. But then I suppose fascists are also Far Right now according to you snowflakes?

While Benito’s in the news again can we all just appreciate how subtle his HQ was?

The+headquarters+of+Mussolini%2527s+Ital

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I fixed for 3 years til July 2025. I'll try and overpay some chunks to get ahead of myself. All being well, if I stress test to about 5% interest (double my current rate) I should still be paying the same.

I am never moving though. Too risky. 

Good choice.

Having been on a tracker deal for a considerable time, now was the time to shift to a fixed myself.  

Truss and her cronies cannot be trusted and rather than watch her deliver financial oblivion to the majority and do nothing, I've at least acted to get some control back on what **** is likely to follow.  Amazed at how easy it was considering some of the horror headlines coming out of mortgage deals swiftly being taken off the shelves as it were today.

Still not totally happy with not being able to do too much about the energy prices but it is what it is.

Also, that USA holiday will have to be put right on the back burner since the air fare is no longer the biggest expense it would seem.  The cost of food and the like considering the current exchange rate makes it virtually impossible to obtain essentials at a reasonable price whilst out there.  Looking at Disney for example, the cost of one portion of 8 nuggets and fries, no drink, is $16 ffs.  It's ridiculous.  Last time I was there, $1.97 to the £!!!  

Rant over lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

22 minutes ago, bovril said:

I remember in my youth New Labour were always accused by right wingers of letting in immigrants and "turning Britain into a 3rd World country", which seems somewhat ironic now. 

Foodbanks hadn't been invented and the pound was worth 2 dollars when they left power.

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Liz Truss tweeting about the special Anglo Italian relationship when they've just installed a far right government is pretty scary. 

Why? I have an anglo Italian relationship. Her family who are from Basilicata region are delighted with the result. 

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Liz Truss tweeting about the special Anglo Italian relationship when they've just installed a far right government is pretty scary. 

As much as this government are useless, have the wrong priorities and have a decided stench of nepotism about them, I don’t see them as far right. Better to at least try to be on friendly terms with people. There are enough dangerous enemies in the world right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Also literally spent her formulative political years in a party set up Mussolini 

Yes but at least she'll make sure everyone is round for dinner on Sunday with her traditional family values.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Stop with your woke nonsense. Honestly, are you saying Mussolini was Far Right too? This is getting stupid. All he ever wanted to do was improve train times and show everyone how much he loved his country - which is kind of like today’s Labour Party conference if you think about it.  And maybe a little bit of fascism too. But then I suppose fascists are also Far Right now according to you snowflakes?

Do you really think a modern Italian centre right leader would advocate a totalitarian one party state. 😂

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope Labour can continue with this kind of polling. Keep riding that crest of a wave. Don't let up! 

Fingers crossed. Starmer needs to play this very carefully. If he can force a GE this year/before the coronation then we can annihilate these mother****ers for a generation at least. 

I think my favourite thing about that poll is that Corbynites were saying any other leader would be 20 points ahead... Well he's almost there you daft cults.

• Haha 1

The scariest thing is that we seem to be stuck with Truss now for 2 years no matter what. At least before there was hope that they would have a leadership contest but now she’s got 2 years to run the country into the ground and nothing we can do about it. I feel completely helpless whilst watching everything sink. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

i'm not really into such conspiracy theories but I am starting to wonder if they got Truss just to try and push through as much right wing shit as they can before losing the next GE. Impossible to believe they thought she was more likely than Johnson to win an election.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

i'm not really into such conspiracy theories but I am starting to wonder if they got Truss just to try and push through as much right wing shit as they can before losing the next GE. Impossible to believe they thought she was more likely than Johnson to win an election.

They are definitely doing this. Playing the long game, then labour look bad because they're raising taxes to deal with this shit show 

• Like 4