Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

18 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Utterly pathetic - two of them wanted to run the country and now just going to boycott. Show some leadership - Rodgers esque moves by them 

Not all rosey in either camp it would seem after the speech yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63049289

I wish we could just pick the best out of a very bad collective bunch & form a proper new Peoples Party

Edited by BKLFox

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Ah yes Poland - what a dreadful country - helping all those millions of Ukrainians fleeing Putin's illegal invasion.

Yep, and all while grossly inhibiting the rights of women and LGBT people in the name of Scripture.

Evidently the parable of the Good Samaritan only applies when convenient.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Go over to Calais get in a dingy and set off, BF will meet and greet you, put you in a hotel a nice warm room all paid for, give you 3 meals a day, clothing health and dental care, a phone and £39 a week spending money. Cost of living problem solved.

I know mate, the Daily Mail has the report. Fuming.

38 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yep, and all while grossly inhibiting the rights of women and LGBT people in the name of Scripture.

Evidently the parable of the Good Samaritan only applies when convenient.

So if the lefties in Brussels don't like democratically elected right-of-centre governments, there'll cut funding to those countries. Great.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Surely we deserve an early general election? Especially if Liz Truss is going to face a revolt from her MPs. No one voted for two Prime Ministers and people definitely did not vote for these economic policies. Johnson won votes on the basis of delivering Brexit, his persona (yuck!) and the promise of 'levelling up'. This is a world away from that. 81K Tory members (and she wasn't the first choice for many of them!) is not a mandate to implement what she is implementing. 

labour are that far ahead in the polls, that calling a GE means the Tories know they would all be out of their jobs. They won't call one. 

My theory, is that they already know they are going to lose the next election, so they are purposefully leaving a steaming pile of mess for labour to inherit, so that they can't implement their own plan and then the tories can hold that against them in future elections. 

I mean, they can't really hold the "economy" card against them any more, given that the 3 largest fiscal events in history have been on the Tory Watch.  Lamont, Major and now Kwarteng. 

Edited by Greg2607

34 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Surely we deserve an early general election? Especially if Liz Truss is going to face a revolt from her MPs. No one voted for two Prime Ministers and people definitely did not vote for these economic policies. Johnson won votes on the basis of delivering Brexit, his persona (yuck!) and the promise of 'levelling up'. This is a world away from that. 81K Tory members (and she wasn't the first choice for many of them!) is not a mandate to implement what she is implementing. 

I wasn't planning to exercise my right to vote now I've moved away, and if everything had remained pretty stable I probably wouldn't have. Right now not only am I planning to go through whatever hassle it will be, but I'll also more than likely be voting Labour for the first time in my life. 

I genuinely fear for my children's future in the UK,  and I'm actively looking at ways to get them out here to join me. The low unemployment here can't be much worse than their UK outlook at present, after all, and at least I can afford to support them here if needs be. 

There can't be many Conservative voters left here who will vote for them at the next election can there? 

Someone needs to do a poll...

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I wasn't planning to exercise my right to vote now I've moved away, and if everything had remained pretty stable I probably wouldn't have. Right now not only am I planning to go through whatever hassle it will be, but I'll also more than likely be voting Labour for the first time in my life. 

I genuinely fear for my children's future in the UK,  and I'm actively looking at ways to get them out here to join me. The low unemployment here can't be much worse than their UK outlook at present, after all, and at least I can afford to support them here if needs be. 

There can't be many Conservative voters left here who will vote for them at the next election can there? 

@UpTheLeagueFox :D Hope you're well mate!

I am similar Deb, never voted Labour but would vote for them just to get the Tories out as it stands, I can't believe how bad they've been the past few years.

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Shall I do an anonymous poll thread? All in favour say aye

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Shall I do an anonymous poll thread? All in favour say aye

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Definitely, although the name and shame ones are more interesting ;)

Yep, anonymous polls should be illegal.