Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

@UpTheLeagueFox :D Hope you're well mate!

I am similar Deb, never voted Labour but would vote for them just to get the Tories out as it stands, I can't believe how bad they've been the past few years.

Yeah, what we've got now is definitely not what I voted for. I think I have to vote for my most recent constituency which is Harborough,  so depending on the candidates at the time my vote could go any way, other than Con.  Like you, whatever gets them out.

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Whether or not people like James O’Brien, his podcast interview with Angela is brilliant. The real person and her motivation is revealed with clarity. She’s a formidable woman. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ashcroft isn’t completely lying - 

the decisions to sell/buy currency is complex for traders is not Blk/white

labour is traditionally seen as being poor for currency strength 

hence when polls come out showing a labour govt more likely its has a slightly negative effect on sterling. But if the pound has fallen 7% since Friday, 0.25% of that is due to the labour govt element, 2% is down to dollar strength and about 5% is down to the incompetence of our govt 

When you hear on Sky News that the Bank of England has had to step in to protect an unnamed number of significant pension funds from collapsing then the inept nature of this government is brought into sharp focus.

Above all, financial institutions value stability. A Labour government led by Starmer must seem like a pretty attractive proposition to them at this point.

30 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s not like she wasn’t warned. 

This is what happens when your whole political message is based on culture wars. You lose touch with reality. Sunak, despite him being of an alternative political persuasion to me, and being disgustingly rich, is clearly competent and is somebody his party should’ve trusted to run the country through difficult economic times. Instead we’ve ended up with someone who has done more damage in a week than Putin could ever do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I wasn't planning to exercise my right to vote now I've moved away, and if everything had remained pretty stable I probably wouldn't have. Right now not only am I planning to go through whatever hassle it will be, but I'll also more than likely be voting Labour for the first time in my life. 

"Red Deb" has a certain ring to it.

Perhaps you should change your user name? Maybe best to leave it until well after the Forest game, though, to avoid misunderstandings....  :whistle:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Ah yes Poland - what a dreadful country - helping all those millions of Ukrainians fleeing Putin's illegal invasion.

Yeah a country which increasingly demonises being gay and illegal to have an abortion. That’s in my definition of dreadful 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

Somewhat limited sympathy for people who have consistently voted to make Britain poorer now wetting the bed and saying it's not what they voted for

Well, it probably wasn't at the time they voted TBF. And just who would have voted to make Britain poorer? I don't understand the point you're attempting to make.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Sterling seems to have managed to tag itself to other major currencies as the day has progressed and has gained with them overall 

obviously we need it to find about 7% in addition to these but that seems pretty unlikely  for the time being 

Still don't think he's all that suited to Chelsea though.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

Somewhat limited sympathy for people who have consistently voted to make Britain poorer now wetting the bed and saying it's not what they voted for

This is not the first time you've had a similar dig at me, or at least your posts are very coincidentally timed with mine if they're not aimed at me.

I'm certainly not 'wetting the bed' though, and I'm definitely not looking for sympathy :thumbup:

So if the lefties in Brussels don't like democratically elected right-of-centre governments, there'll cut funding to those countries. Great.

Lol democratically elected - Hungary whete the second largest party is in effect an arm of the leading party and the president is now in his fifth term. 

The EU’s threat has nothing to do with right of centre governments. After all big players such as France are led by a right of centre government. 

They want to protect democracy, the rights of LGBT persons, abortion laws and the freedom of movement (within the scope of the EU) 

Cos after all you could be any of the following:- gay or have an unwanted pregnancy or a non-National and right wing politically. But you’d still be treated like a piece of shit regardless of your political view 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Well, it probably wasn't at the time they voted TBF. And just who would have voted to make Britain poorer? I don't understand the point you're attempting to make.

Britain is poorer because of decisions made by vast swathes of the electorate. Tbf I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that, I haven't always voted solely with economic growth in mind

So if the lefties in Brussels don't like democratically elected right-of-centre governments, there'll cut funding to those countries. Great.

Are human rights violations more palatable when they're arrived at through a "democratically elected right of centre government", then?

I'm not sure that they are - at least with autocracies one has the excuse that the people in power "don't know any better" and it's all their fault.

• Like 1