Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Not trawling through threads but yesterday was the first time I felt genuine hope. I thought Starmer’s speech was his finest moment yet and he felt like a prime minister in waiting. The announced policies were excellent and enough to keep all parts of the party happy. You know you’ve smashed it when Alistair Campbell and Owen Jones both think you did well. 

Have you seen Owen Jones interviewing Jess Phillips at the conference? While she doesn't exactly hand him his arse on a plate, it's not much of an ambush by him either

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nothing says in it for yourself like stropping off if you don`t get your ball back.....

It’s difficult though.

Why show up to show up and answer questions on this absolute shower of sh*te, if you don’t believe in it? 

Sunak called this, but the deluded 80,000 odd conservative voters thought that Truss was the answer, rather than the person who had navigated us through the stormy seas of covid and post Brexit Britain and was closer to the pulse in terms of the financial market. Albeit he hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory, however what did the crazy half of the party think was going to happen? 

A friend of mine told me last week after the budget, that in the current global crisis, it was crazy what they’d announced. 

His analogy was that a house was on fire next door, however the fire service turn up at his house to serve him wine and cheese. Totally bonkers. 

This country needs to change and we need a general election. How does one force the hand though? Will it take rioting for us to reach that point? 

I really feel for the people that were on the verge of securing mortgages etc. we’ve basically shot ourselves in the foot. 

• Like 1