Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

I can’t decide what I think is more likely - that they haven’t done their homework properly but rushed it through… or that they have costed it all and know that it doesn’t work but pressed on regardless 

Mainly the latter, the one thing they hadn't done their homework on is how clued up the population is about what they're doing. They honestly seem to think we wouldn't notice

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

On £30k?

Look at the savings you'll make buying a property in London!!!

The only caveat being, the property is just 1-bed. 

And it's labeled 1-bed because it's only 1 room, and all you can fit in that room is 1 bed. 

They ain't saving on energy bills. We are all facing increases despite the the help. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What is labours policies on economy - not had the time to go into it in real depth. Rachel Reeves has always come across as competent. I do worry about the madness Angela Rayner will bring though.

Rayner has been sidelined by Starmer and isn't relevant. If it were the conservatives, she wouldn't be on the front bench.

Said it a few times, Starmer has done a decent job of putting together a credible front bench.

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t see many tories actually voting against 

a govt that can’t carry its budget is judged to be defunct. Tories voting against the budget measures can expect to lose the whip. Hence I see some abstentions …makes a defeat much less likely. 

Edited by st albans fox

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I do worry about the madness Angela Rayner will bring though.

What does that even mean? Have you the first clue who she is or are you relying on tabloid coverage?

Honestly, I find this kind of comment sickening. Rayner has one of the most impressive back stories in parliament. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What is labours policies on economy - not had the time to go into it in real depth. Rachel Reeves has always come across as competent. I do worry about the madness Angela Rayner will bring though.

She hasn’t got any. It’s all hot air and platitudes. She didn’t support the increase in NI. Now she’s moaning about axing it. She makes a massive deal about the higher rate income tax cut, which in the scheme of things is only around 8 billion. The timing is probably not right but that’s not economics. Then all she does is rattle on about a windfall tax, which again wouldn’t solve anything. The government have stepped in and given support to everyone with rising fuel costs. These economic problems aren’t bespoke to this country, it’s everywhere in the G7. Oh and the pound is back up to 1.12.  The upturn will likely come next spring. 

16 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

She hasn’t got any. It’s all hot air and platitudes. She didn’t support the increase in NI. Now she’s moaning about axing it. She makes a massive deal about the higher rate income tax cut, which in the scheme of things is only around 8 billion. The timing is probably not right but that’s not economics. Then all she does is rattle on about a windfall tax, which again wouldn’t solve anything. The government have stepped in and given support to everyone with rising fuel costs. These economic problems aren’t bespoke to this country, it’s everywhere in the G7. Oh and the pound is back up to 1.12.  The upturn will likely come next spring. 

We’ll it would have provided funds to cover the bat sh1t tax cut at 45% and some of the energy subsidy …..other countries have done this to assuage some concerns over borrowing …

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Only 8 billion 🙄