Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

10 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The fat was trimmed a decade ago. There's always going to be inefficiencies in large scale organisations, especially public sector ones, but the low hanging fruit has long since been picked. 'Trimming the fat' pretty much means job losses and/or attacks on working conditions, pensions etc. 

This is exactly what I fear 

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

What could you do with the 400 spent on furlough and covid. 

Don't worry we've already saved over 30 billion from leaving the eu that'll cover it :thumbup:

Oh sorry I remembered we've spent that on the NHS.

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Don't worry we've already saved over 30 billion from leaving the eu that'll cover it :thumbup:

Oh sorry I remembered we've spent that on the NHS.

Spunked it away on track and trace and the Nightingale Hospitals that cost Billions but were never used!!...still, I'm sure both made many of Johnson and Hancock's friends very rich!!

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t believe that there was much reaction to the £65bn from a forward int rate  perspective. The markets viewed it in a positive light that the b of e wouldn’t allow the sh1tshow to become an absolute disaster over which they seemed to have no control whatsoever.  

Wigston warrior has summed it up a few posts ago 

Yes, the rise in sterling following the BoE intervention isn’t what you’d normally expect. Quantitative easing usually leads to a decline in the value of a currency, but the market seems to have concluded that there are at least some adults in the room, so panic selling of sterling could stop.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

The fat was trimmed a decade ago. There's always going to be inefficiencies in large scale organisations, especially public sector ones, but the low hanging fruit has long since been picked. 'Trimming the fat' pretty much means job losses and/or attacks on working conditions, pensions etc. 

I can see my part time social carer job going. Last thing people with learning difficulties deserve is a quality of life. Their services, benefits and social groups will be massacred.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should all peaceful protesters be met with violence or just climate protesters?

When they’re blocking roads causing criminal damage and disrupting peoples lives they should be forcibly moved. I would settle for water canons though. You know like they do in other European cities. The Dutch police can be brutal. 

37 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

When they’re blocking roads causing criminal damage and disrupting peoples lives they should be forcibly moved. I would settle for water canons though. You know like they do in other European cities. The Dutch police can be brutal. 

Don’t condone criminal damage but they have a right to protest especially about something so serious. Wouldn’t it be much easier for the government to not be hostile to them or their cause and actually do something about climate change?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Alternative way to announce the arrival of the Tory conference

And in related matters...

Young Conservative vs. the Tory mayor of the West Midlands:

1676781101_Screenshot2022-10-01at18_58_05.png.d2ee204aa67b8169bd0e134fbf838231.png

Edited by Daggers
speilang

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Don’t condone criminal damage but they have a right to protest especially about something so serious. Wouldn’t it be much easier for the government to not be hostile to them or their cause and actually do something about climate change?

You're talking to someone who hasn't stated whether or not they think this situation actually *is* serious in spite of all the scientific evidence, urban.

On 30/09/2022 at 20:28, leicsmac said:

Do you agree with the scientific consensus on increased carbon dioxide emissions caused by human activity and a commensurate increase in global average temperature?

Assuming the above is accurate, what do you think the consequences of it will be worldwide?

And in light of both of the above, what would your viewpoint on policy for generating energy both in the UK and around the world in future, given that energy generation is by far the biggest cause of global carbon emissions?

@Fazzer 7

Any time you're ready. No rush.