Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

7 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

When they’re blocking roads causing criminal damage and disrupting peoples lives they should be forcibly moved. I would settle for water canons though. You know like they do in other European cities. The Dutch police can be brutal. 

This would lead to the cannoning of pretty much every tory member and supporter. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

All she does is constantly interrupt and talk over her guests. 

Obviously you’re going to get s*** for this, but this is something that really annoys me about modern tv interviews. It’s not just Kuenssberg, it’s everyone. Everyone has to constantly talk over their guests, feeling the need to pressure and call out. I’m sure it only results in worse politicians and people operating in sound bites. I’d rather someone be given the opportunity to explain, then if they still aren’t answering the question, call them on it. It’s like they’re trying to fit too much into the segment and won’t have a proper discussion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Is it worth watching this on iPlayer? 
does Laura actually ask any questions other than how things appear ?   Like any technical questions as to how she’s wasted billions of our money via her incompetence?

Probably not, if I'm honest. It's all weirdly low energy. Truss was probably trying to appear calm and in control but just looked really tired.

It went better than the local radio interviews though

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You’ve answered my question 

point here 

if someone at the bbc were to really embarrass the PM on live telly, would they risk their future ?  I mean the bbc is publicly funded 

James O'brien touched on this when he said the local radio interviewers were tougher than the usual national suspects because they don't have anything to lose .

26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Truss is very much academically gifted so dont think she's as thick as people make out but she is such a willing puppet for the tory traditionalists.

academic gifts do not preclude thickiness

• Like 3

Surely the question that followed the answer that the PM doesn’t interfere with the diary of the chancellor would be that she seems happy to interfere with the diary of the king ….

Either these interviewers are unable to think on their feet or they’re unwilling to deviate from their script ……

get truss infront of Andrew neill or paxman - that would be amusing ….. in a macabre fashion ….

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

IMO interviewers have no choice but to do this... the MPs are so professionally drilled in how to babble, obfuscate and simply not answer the question asked... that the interviewer has to stop the stream of bullshit to try and get an answer.

I appreciate it’s a cycle, but the journalists have to be the ones to break it. Many questions these days seem to be presented as a trap, to draw an awkward or controversial response for the sake of that response. Then, if the politician doesn’t give a Yes or No answer (and either way falling into a trap that’s been laid), they get interrupted as they talk around it. Not every viewer has the attention span of a goldfish, yet it often feels like they’re the ones that the interviewers have in mind. By all means challenge someone who isn’t answering the question, but often there needs to be a qualification of why they’re giving the answer they are and the interviewers won’t allow that.

Worth noting this happens across the political spectrum.

• Like 1