Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

She really is!!

And, how ugly can someone be with only one head 😂...

Now that you say that, she reminds me of one of the characters from Men In Black, the one who's head grows back lol

• Haha 1

Folks like Braverman have always held those beliefs.

They just feel confident in the current political climate that they can go "masks off" with it like others could several decades ago, before the idea of seeing groups of other human beings as subhuman became something that should be frowned upon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

She really is!!

And, how ugly can someone be with only one head 😂...

It’s not her fault that she has doubled down on ugliness 

however, it’s also often not someone’s fault that they have the need to claim asylum …

perhaps tell her that the plane can take off for Rwanda when she looks like amita  suman …..

as a second/third generation immigrant, I could never imagine being able to take such a hard line on this subject - yet braverman follows Patel.  

Edited by st albans fox

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

as a second/third generation immigrant, I could never imagine being able to take such a hard line on this subject - yet braverman follows Patel.  

Always astounds me this - whether that makes the right opinion or not is an another debate but the attitude of 'well we've made it, so everyone else in the same predicament as my parents were can go f**k themselves' 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not her fault that she has doubled down on ugliness 

however, it’s also often not someone’s fault that they have the need to claim asylum …

perhaps tell her that the plane can take off for Rwanda when she looks like amits suman …..

There for the gift of God go I....

The sooner this inhumane, cruel and insensitive Government are wiped out the better!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

There for the gift of God go I....

The sooner this inhumane, cruel and insensitive Government are wiped out the better!

There is nothing cruel about securing our boarders against illegal immigration. It has to be stopped. What do you suggest? How can this country carry on taking 30 40k channel crossers every year and providing hotel accommodation and housing at taxpayers expense, the cost btw is around 5million a day and growing. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Always astounds me this - whether that makes the right opinion or not is an another debate but the attitude of 'well we've made it, so everyone else in the same predicament as my parents were can go f**k themselves' 

Especially as many of their parents/grandparents came over when there was still freedom of movement within the commonwealth and wouldn’t be able to come over through today’s immigration rules.  Pritti Patel’s parents never could’ve come over to the UK by today’s immigration laws for example. 

I also find it so bizarre when many 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants, especially those who came through commonwealth/EU freedom of movement laws when it was far easier to immigrate are so fiercely anti-immigration like Patel and Braveman.

It’s like, they got up through a commonwealth or EU ladder which have now both been pulled up, so we want to make it doubly hard no one finds another ladder to join us in the treehouse. Just such a weird attitude for me.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

There is nothing cruel about securing our boarders against illegal immigration. It has to be stopped. What do you suggest? How can this country carry on taking 30 40k channel crossers every year and providing hotel accommodation and housing at taxpayers expense, the cost btw is around 5million a day and growing. 

Yeah I don't think there is either - particularly if it legs up a criminal operation which in some cases it does. If there were legal routes where proper vetting could occur then we'd be in a better position. Tories removed that - they have repeatedly reformed Border Control over the last twelve years as well. 

However, the words 'a dream' and flying people off to Rwanda rather than their home country is cruel. 

Edited by CosbehFox

34 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

The vast majority of those crossing the channel in small boats apply for asylem when they get here and the majority of those are granted such status,  so in no way is what you are describing "illegal immigaration".

If her ambition was to see no more small boats crossing the channel then no one would now be describing her as cruel (well not for that anyway),  but no her ambition is to see those that have already risked their lives to get here in order to seek asylem shipped to Rawanda in order to rot.   That can only in anyone's language be described as cruel.

PS Why are you concerned about the cost when you don't pay tax?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Personally buzzing for Liz's speech later, she just oozes personally. 

7 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'm really looking forward to the pauses for applause

There's a whole array of emotions I should expect to feel instead but most of the time it's just pity, which is not what you really expect at this stage of a premiership

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah I don't think there is either - particularly if it legs up a criminal operation which in some cases it does. If there were legal routes where proper vetting could occur then we'd be in a better position. Tories removed that - they have repeatedly reformed Border Control over the last twelve years as well. 

However, the words 'a dream' and flying people off to Rwanda rather than their home country is cruel. 

Yes I agree with you there, it came across  quite badly.  

46 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

The vast majority of those crossing the channel in small boats apply for asylem when they get here and the majority of those are granted such status,  so in no way is what you are describing "illegal immigaration".

If her ambition was to see no more small boats crossing the channel then no one would now be describing her as cruel (well not for that anyway),  but no her ambition is to see those that have already risked their lives to get here in order to seek asylem shipped to Rawanda in order to rot.   That can only in anyone's language be described as cruel.

PS Why are you concerned about the cost when you don't pay tax?

DLJyglKW4AA4i1B.jpeg