Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

It seems like “Anti-growth coalition” will be the new “strong and stable”, “coalition of chaos” “get Brexit done” 3 word Tory slogan that will be repeated ad nausea until it sticks in people’s brains.

What coalition? Labour are on course for the biggest majority this country has seen in decades.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Some good stuff from Liz. She needs to convert words into action. 

Am I missing something?... Thick Lizzie speaking like the the Tories haven't been in power for 12 years!! and that it's all going to be so different now!!..

Just fvck off you stupid woman!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It seems like “Anti-growth coalition” will be the new “strong and stable”, “coalition of chaos” “get Brexit done” 3 word Tory slogan that will be repeated ad nausea until it sticks in people’s brains.

What coalition? Labour are on course for the biggest majority this country has seen in decades.

Take back control!!😂😂😂😂

Just now, Sampson said:

It's the new "coalition of chaos under Miliband" and "Corbyn". A new boogyman.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Things change quickly in politics. It will have swung back by 24. You’ve peaked too early. 

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

So yawn - all the waffle bollocks about 'hard left' - we've been here before Liz, it don't work anymore. Just trying to demonise a portion of the population to keep in power. 

Apparently the government will build roads, rails and energy quicker - yet not an absolute note on an actual legitimate plan on energy. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

Things change quickly in politics. It will have swung back by 24. You’ve peaked too early. 

Who takes over for the tories to get that swing back - its not Liz, Cleverley, Suella or Mogg-Rees - there is a serious detachment between not only the leader but also her cabinet and the people. As that speech showed, she is uninspiring leader. 

I'm neither tory nor labour - just asking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

She must have done well, the left don’t like it. 

I'm neither left nor right - proper centrist dad, these days - and what I heard was just waffle. I had genuinely hoped she'd at least do some sensible policies.

- implementing taxes on large corps

- cutting rates for SMEs and encouraging more agile working patterns, so that upstarts can support families with kids

- more green energy and putting money to that

But there's just waffle. The "anti-growth coalition" is a meaningless phrase. Who is that? Nobody is opposed to growth. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I sit firmly on the right and I didn't like it. 

Anyone with actual conservative views should be spewing at this nonsense scatter gun approach to economics and boarder security. 

Edited by Innovindil
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I don’t know what makes you think I’m a Labour supporter? I’ve voted LibDem/SDP more times than any other party. I’m certainly all set to vote Labour atm as they’re by far the most credible choice to form a government but they’re not “my” team, unlike yours. Politics shouldn’t work that way.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I don't like it because she doesn't have a single mandate for any of it and I don't believe she's capable of delivering any of it. Most of all I'm utterly horrified that she's our Prime Minister and the people she's surrounded herself with.

The Nasty Party™ is back and nastier than ever before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The only positive she can take from that is that she didn't slip up. The actual delivery was insipid and contained no substance, or policy whatsoever. 

Not sure "Anti Growth Coalition" is the snappy 3 word slogan they think it is, but no doubt it'll now get repeated ad nauseam.

Edited by martyn

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I’m also not sure attacking rail strikers is really reading the mood of the country very well.

Interesting point really - I think striking works really well in the immediate and the public then start to get annoyed/aggrieved but we are now on four set of strike days, the public aren't fussed. There's this thing called 'Working from Home' that we can all slip back into like we did a couple of years ago ad-hoc.