Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stop smiling Liz it looks weird.

When she smiles, she looks like an exceptionally gormless person telling the wide-mouthed frog joke.

"When you're smiling, Liz, the whole world gets a cold sweat at you"

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

"Fratricidal internecine backstabbing plotters, er, I mean MY FRIENDS....It's fantastic to see the cranes building buildings.....and the bull standing proudly at the heart of my agenda"

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's a pretty moot point because the things listed above is exactly what is already occurring. And that's after 12 years of Tory government. 

High streets being abandoned by businesses through no fault of their own. Families struggling to put food on the table due to rising costs and energy crisis... 

Truss is pathetic trying this tactic and as pointed out on Thatcher watch

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

And so your solution as an alternative to immigration is?

Death to oldiwonks?

Forced impregnating of nationals?

I see it more as looking for alternatives to eternal population growth than alternatives to immigration. ie Immigration is incidental to the problem rather than the problem itself.

Solutions to it include raising the age of retirement and increased efficiency and productivity, likely through automation. The latter is the ideal of course but tends to get swallowed up with finding more work for people to do instead in order to compete with the rest of the world. The world probably needs advancements in the field of food and energy generation ultimately to secure basic standards of living and reduce the amount of human “work” across the planet.

Granted, until then we’re probably stuck with the “easy option” of ever-decreasing countryside and farmland through population growth.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I see it more as looking for alternatives to eternal population growth than alternatives to immigration. ie Immigration is incidental to the problem rather than the problem itself.

Solutions to it include raising the age of retirement and increased efficiency and productivity, likely through automation. The latter is the ideal of course but tends to get swallowed up with finding more work for people to do instead in order to compete with the rest of the world. The world probably needs advancements in the field of food and energy generation ultimately to secure basic standards of living and reduce the amount of human “work” across the planet.

Granted, until then we’re probably stuck with the “easy option” of ever-decreasing countryside and farmland through population growth.

Errrr, yeah, let’s exclude people who want to live a safe safe and resolve this issue by working longer. 

Not really a viable solution, potential migrants continue to live in poverty stricken countries and you older people work physically demanding jobs for longer. 

I think you are missing the point a bit. Granted UK population size has grown, but at a very gradual level, e.g 0.33% increase last year. 

Improving on paper, but there’ll come a time where it’ll plateau and *probably* decrease. A combination of small increases and an ageing population will lead to an inevitable outcome. 

This country would hardly see an exponential growth in population size if we adopted a more liberal approach to refugees. 

Tory conference with all them demented baffoons clapping to mad lizzy is just laughable.

Cones out to m people track about moving on out and sipping from the devils cup, they really are stupid.

Someone is having a bloody laugh surely, this cant be for real.

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

Tory conference with all them demented baffoons clapping to mad lizzy is just laughable.

Cones out to m people track about moving on out and sipping from the devils cup, they really are stupid.

Someone is having a bloody laugh surely, this cant be for real.

Should have changed the words to..' fvcking it up ' 😂

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Worth stating that I’m not trying to make a point about immigration or immigrants here. It’s more that I’ve seen a few times now people stating that we have an “underpopulation” problem in this country, and that’s just nonsense. There are too many humans around, across the planet, draining it of its resources. But unless you take a Thanos Was Right approach (ie you’re a lunatic) then there’s nothing you can or should do about that.

What we actually have is increasingly a population demographic problem, and that that isn’t going away any time soon. But also that we should be looking at ways to address that beyond eternal population growth.

I'm not saying Thanos was right but the dude got shit done AND beat the Avengers

• Haha 2

When she says that interest rates are rising across the world she is right 

but she’s disingenuous because the issue here is our rates are likely  to rise higher (mainly due to her mini budget) and the rates that our govt must borrow at are higher than the rest of the developed world - that feeds into higher borrowing costs across the economy and increases our deficit 

I still don’t understand why interviewers don’t pick her up on these simple points ….

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

What an absolute clown that woman is. Can't possibly be anything wrong with the system I support because it benefits me therefore it's the people complaining about the system that are the problem. Absolute shit for brains.

You’ve forgotten to account for the societal dividends accrued from ‘owning the libs’. GDP has been proven to be boosted by 59% with increased libtard owning and 73% from owning lefties. 

4 hours ago, Dunge said:

Worth stating that I’m not trying to make a point about immigration or immigrants here. It’s more that I’ve seen a few times now people stating that we have an “underpopulation” problem in this country, and that’s just nonsense. There are too many humans around, across the planet, draining it of its resources. But unless you take a Thanos Was Right approach (ie you’re a lunatic) then there’s nothing you can or should do about that.

What we actually have is increasingly a population demographic problem, and that that isn’t going away any time soon. But also that we should be looking at ways to address that beyond eternal population growth.

Yeah, this is accurate. The issue is one of logistics and demographics, not raw numbers. Continual population growth, unless we get really really good at creating and managing resources (like Star Trek-style good) right quick, will only result in a massive crash in the future.

So managing the demographic issue as best we can as the world population plateaus at somewhere around 10-11 billion is the best of a set of difficult options.