Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

32 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I thought the work as a French official way preceded the reign of terror? 

Wasn't it insurrection - holding to account of corrupt monarchy/government - attempted suicide - execution in relatively short space of time? 

Yeah, that's about the size of it.

I was just looking at it in terms of overall mid-term outcome. Robespierre had the right idea but the application did lead to Napoleon and a long time continental war.

On 15/05/2022 at 10:57, foxile5 said:

Jack Munroe is sueing Lee Anderson for libel. 

I should be firmly in the corner of Munroe but she's a tedious tool. Her inflated sense of superiority is galling. 

Even this lawsuit has been elevated to a grandstand of self elected moral high ground.

Well done Jack. You're better than everyone else. 

Eh?

On 15/05/2022 at 12:57, foxile5 said:

I should be firmly in the corner of Munroe but she's a tedious tool. Her inflated sense of superiority is galling. 

Even this lawsuit has been elevated to a grandstand of self elected moral high ground.

Out of interest, what is your issue with her? 

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-61457983

Sturgeon may be wrong on some things.

She's not wrong on this.

You're right, she's not wrong, much in the same way that almost everyone on the planet is not wrong but, talk is cheap and a vote winner, so as a world leader who is in a position to actually do something about it, what are her proposals? She says that wind power is already the cheapest form of power in scotland, fairly obvious when it's free, but here's one,  how about banning the use of Scotlands waters to drill for oil and gas or stopping workers from scotland being employed off scotlands waters in those industries! 

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You're right, she's not wrong, much in the same way that almost everyone on the planet is not wrong but, talk is cheap and a vote winner, so as a world leader who is in a position to actually do something about it, what are her proposals? She says that wind power is already the cheapest form of power in scotland, fairly obvious when it's free, but here's one,  how about banning the use of Scotlands waters to drill for oil and gas or stopping workers from scotland being employed off scotlands waters in those industries! 

I'd certainly be in favour of her working on phasing out those industries over the next decade or two.

Also keep lobbying and badgering the major players, that's important too.

NB. You'd be surprised at the amount of people in important places who *are* wrong on this matter,  which is a big reason why not enough is getting done.

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Oh she's so tedious and boring. 

Substance over style IMO.

On 15/05/2022 at 17:57, foxile5 said:

She is ****ing brilliant.  I’m sure she can also be quite dull like anyone with a rather one track agenda, but you really can’t argue with her points or her achievements.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’m not sure her devolved powers stretch that far, once again this falls solely at the door of Westminster.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

She is ****ing brilliant.  I’m sure she can also be quite dull like anyone with a rather one track agenda, but you really can’t argue with her points or her achievements.

Yeah you can't. 

It's just all so performative and done for clout that I find her a tool. 

Take messaging her lawyer on twitter, publicly, 'got a job for you' or whatever it was. That's absolutely not the way that business is done; It's just done for public clout and I find folk like that very tedious.

So, the WHO, Bill Gates and the Chinese are going to have control over pretty much all Countries response to the next pandemic. And there will be nothing we can do about it. That terrifying thought is about to become reality. What the heck is all this about. They will have the power to enforce mandatory vaccinations, lockdowns,the lot! Is this how others on here understand it?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

So, the WHO, Bill Gates and the Chinese are going to have control over pretty much all Countries response to the next pandemic. And there will be nothing we can do about it. That terrifying thought is about to become reality. What the heck is all this about. They will have the power to enforce mandatory vaccinations, lockdowns,the lot! Is this how others on here understand it?

Absolutely but fortunately I love Xboxes, chow mien and Valium, so I’m looking forwards to it.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We won't get fooled again

They're talking about their generation as the kids are alright. Need to substitute vaccinations for Covid (and gin). We better, you bet....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Facebook has a lot to answer for… 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Facebook has a lot to answer for… 

I'm getting more and more convinced that the events described in "Don't Look Up" will be in fact a model for the way that human civilisation ends. (Not necessarily an asteroid strike, but the general attitude.)

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Jesus. Fvcking. Christ.