Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sorry Izzy. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II died on the 8th of September. We had a 5 mile long queue to see her lying in state and then a state funeral on the 19th.

Sorry you had to find out like this.

Yeah I vaguely remember this.

It's the bit you quoted about Liz Truss killing her that I obviously missed :huh:

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Keep up Izzy!

Sorry, it's an age thing :unsure:

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’m entitled to my theories Izzy. 

Fill yer boots buddy :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Sorry, it's an age thing :unsure:

Fill yer boots buddy :thumbup:

Already did

On 17/04/2022 at 13:05, urban.spaceman said:

Been saving this for a screenplay but I'm 90% sure that it's true anyway and the forces that be will prevent it from being made:

The floral industry is behind most terror attacks and natural disaster in order to create demand for their services.

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

One theory is that that reboot shouldn't involve the party members voting on the party leader should be.

In very simplistic terms this supposedly means that you get David rather than Ed Miliband, you don't get Corbyn, Johnson or Truss, all of which might have worked out a bit better

Should be cast in law. Only MPs have any sort of mandate to select a PM. The party members can choose a party leader prior to an election, then the electorate decide which party to form the government and hence who is to become PM. After that, it has to be up to elected MPs, not some tiny, unrepresentative minority of the electorate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hope. 

That would be hilarious! I don't even know who those Mps are. 

We need a good strong opposition regardless of whose in power, but I'd ****ing love it if that wasn't the Tory's and the were effectively elimated to the history books.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A whopping great majority for any party isn’t healthy politics 

You’re right. It’s lead to economic incompetence under this lot and would lead to woke illiberal authoritarianism under Starmers lot, oh and they probably wouldn’t do any better with the economy either. Oh what a bright future we have to look forward to. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I do agree, though a first term massive majority for Labour to right the wrongs of the last 12 years would be delicious. 

What is on your labour wish list?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

That would be hilarious! I don't even know who those Mps are. 

We need a good strong opposition regardless of whose in power, but I'd ****ing love it if that wasn't the Tory's and the were effectively elimated to the history books.

Warman is Boston and Skegness, Hayes is South Holland and The Deepings.

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

You’re right. It’s lead to economic incompetence under this lot and would lead to woke illiberal authoritarianism under Starmers lot, oh and they probably wouldn’t do any better with the economy either. Oh what a bright future we have to look forward to. 

What is on your labour wish list?

Imprisoning Boris Johnson for being a ****. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Can you give this a rest, it's boring! 

My 6 year old could do a better job than the current government so stop trying to make out that labour would be worse just because your a Tory. We had some very good economic times under the last Labour government until a global financial crisis occured. 

It’s a global crisis now isn’t it!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It’s a global crisis now isn’t it

Is it really a global crisis comparable to 2008? I don't think so, even so what's the excuse for the previous 12 years? 

And as has already been made clear in this thread, the situation in the UK had been made dramatically worse because of the current government and their decisions. 

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Anybody using the word 'woke' as an insult or in the derogatory is spending too much time with the Daily Mail. The actual definition of woke:

Alert to injustice in society, especially racism

If you are not woke then you are part of the problem. 

Imagine being alert to things, like concepts, events and ideas.  That's the bit people find upsetting.

It sounds frightening and bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Anybody using the word 'woke' as an insult or in the derogatory is spending too much time with the Daily Mail. The actual definition of woke:

Alert to injustice in society, especially racism

If you are not woke then you are part of the problem. 

This is all very well until nutters take over the definition of what is injustice and twist it beyond all recognition for their own ends.  Then woke is being a naive fool who can't define what a woman is.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

This is all very well until nutters take over the definition of what is injustice and twist it beyond all recognition for their own ends.  Then woke is being a naive fool who can't define what a woman is.

That definition is socially and scientifically more complex than some folks believe it to be (or want it to be, because they have very pointed ideas about what a woman is and what they should do, regardless of the actual consent of women).

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It’s a global crisis now isn’t it!

Shouldn't the UK then "do nothing about it because the UK's economic footprint is tiny compared to the US/China so it doesn't really matter"?