Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Currently, you pay 19% CT on profit, which is increasing to 25% from next April - as I understand from what I've read.

Yeah, that's how I read it I think. So a 6% increase - nice :rolleyes:

Just seen this on the BBC website. Clear as mud...

Liz Truss has said she will now go ahead with an increase to corporation tax that she had previously rejected.

• In March 2021 former chancellor Rishi Sunak said corporation tax would rise from 19% to 25% in April 2023. He said companies should pay more because they'd received so much support during the Covid pandemic
  • In July 2022, during the Tory leadership campaign, Ms Truss said she would reverse Mr Sunak's decision and keep corporation tax at 19%, to attract investment into the UK
  • On 23 September, Ms Truss's then chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, announced corporation tax would indeed stay at 19%
  • On 14 October, Liz Truss said corporation tax would go up to 25% after all and sacked her chancellor.

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Millions of peoples lives will improve dramatically, you'll love it.

It's akin to asking a supporter of our once great football club to start supporting the Forest. Even the club colours are the same. Sorry but it aint gonna happen.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, that's how I read it I think. So a 6% increase - nice :rolleyes:

Just seen this on the BBC website. Clear as mud...

Liz Truss has said she will now go ahead with an increase to corporation tax that she had previously rejected.

• In March 2021 former chancellor Rishi Sunak said corporation tax would rise from 19% to 25% in April 2023. He said companies should pay more because they'd received so much support during the Covid pandemic
  • In July 2022, during the Tory leadership campaign, Ms Truss said she would reverse Mr Sunak's decision and keep corporation tax at 19%, to attract investment into the UK
  • On 23 September, Ms Truss's then chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, announced corporation tax would indeed stay at 19%
  • On 14 October, Liz Truss said corporation tax would go up to 25% after all and sacked her chancellor.

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Up to £300k profit it's 19% tax and 30% over £300k currently I think.

Not sure if the increase effects both tbh

The 2021 announcement was that Companies with over £250K profit were going to pay 25% and a Small Profits Rate would be introduced for those under that, continuing to pay at 19%. F@ck know what they are doing now. They don't know, so I sure as hell don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

The 2021 announcement was that Companies with over £250K profit were going to pay 25% and a Small Profits Rate would be introduced for those under that, continuing to pay at 19%. F@ck know what they are doing now. They don't know, so I sure as hell don't.

How the fvck are businesses supposed to budget and forecast effectively when the goalposts keep changing? 

Accountants, tax planners, and company bean counters must be pulling their hair out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

With the Tories currently polling at 19%, I'd have to grudgingly admire her chutzpah if she did that...

It would show a remarkable objectivity for one of this talentless generation of Tory wannabes - especially as she would have much to lose in terms of personal repute. Two years is a very short time to prove a wildcard policy might work. Already the damage caused by one ill-thought-through budget has threatened the economic stability of the country. There's little chance of turning the country's fortunes around in ten years - let alone two. Her legacy will be naught but laughable. Just another fill-in PM - third in the series. A party which needs a complete rebuild.

16 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

How the fvck are businesses supposed to budget and forecast effectively when the goalposts keep changing? 

Accountants, tax planners, and company bean counters must be pulling their hair out.

I missed out a 3rd tier - this is from the March 2021 announcement

"This measure also announces that from 1 April 2023, the Corporation Tax main rate for non-ring fenced profits will be increased to 25% applying to profits over £250,000. A small profits rate (SPR) will also be introduced for companies with profits of £50,000 or less so that they will continue to pay Corporation Tax at 19%. Companies with profits between £50,000 and £250,000 will pay tax at the main rate reduced by a marginal relief providing a gradual increase in the effective Corporation Tax rate".

I've just completed a host of financial planning for 2023 - no idea if it needs to go in the bin now :mad:

And the increase is because of the pandemic support - which small Ltd Co's didn't get :mad:

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Sad 1