Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

How the fvck are businesses supposed to budget and forecast effectively when the goalposts keep changing? 

Accountants, tax planners, and company bean counters must be pulling their hair out.

Finally somebody thinking about the real victims here.

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know your probably joking a little, but in all seriousness, the footballification of politics is all wrong or looked the wrong way. The team you are supporting isn't the Tory party its the UK and we discussing/disagreeing on who we want the manager to be, or the style of manager and tactics we want them to use. 

I think sometimes you might fundamentally disagree with the way a Dyche type manager sets up his team and tries to play the game, and fully support the way a Rodgers type does, but if its not working for the current situation, you sometimes gotta hold your hands up and accept its time to let Dyche have stab at it.

I have. I have voted Conservative all my voting life. I consider myself conservative. That said I acknowledge this lot are an utter shambles and fall way below what I expected, especially on economic matters. They remind me of labour under Corbyn, who were in disarray and obliterated as we know. The same will happen to us in the forthcoming GE but I just couldn’t vote labour or lib dem atm, that said, were Labour to exceed my expectations in government and allay my fears, in future years they might win me over if I’m around. 

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It's akin to asking a supporter of our once great football club to start supporting the Forest. Even the club colours are the same. Sorry but it aint gonna happen.

You could at least be happy for people being released from the pain of living under these people.

37 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know your probably joking a little, but in all seriousness, the footballification of politics is all wrong or looked the wrong way. The team you are supporting isn't the Tory party its the UK and we discussing/disagreeing on who we want the manager to be, or the style of manager and tactics we want them to use. 

I think sometimes you might fundamentally disagree with the way a Dyche type manager sets up his team and tries to play the game, and fully support the way a Rodgers type does, but if its not working for the current situation, you sometimes gotta hold your hands up and accept its time to let Dyche have stab at it.

This.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Everyone took the piss out of Teresa May for being wooden, robotic, and lacking empathy, but Truss isn't fit to lace her boots.

But both are as weak as boiled spinach. Neither have any forte personnalité. I still can't work out how they both became PM apart from Cameron bailed out and ****ed off and Johnson is a dick. Like it or not BJ didn't destabilise the economy to the extent of this bunch of inept lizards.

17 minutes ago, Parafox said:

But both are as weak as boiled spinach. Neither have any forte personnalité. I still can't work out how they both became PM apart from Cameron bailed out and ****ed off and Johnson is a dick. Like it or not BJ didn't destabilise the economy to the extent of this bunch of inept lizards.

To be fair, boris was too busy doing other stuff to crash the economy ……

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To be fair, boris was too busy doing other stuff to crash the economy ……

At least he only ****ed one person and not the 60,000,000 Truss and KK have.

Edited by Parafox

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

One? 
why limit his time in office to one afternoon ??

Your point being?

Yes, he was a philanderer but so was John Major as PM. Although not great, he is nowhere as politically inept as Truss and KK.

And FWIW, I'm not a supporter of BJ. Just a factual observer.

Edited by Parafox

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Your point being?

Yes, he was a philanderer but so was John Major as PM. Although not great, he is nowhere as politically inept as Truss and KK.

I wasn’t being particularly serious but boris was heavily into delegation.  Now that was because he doesn’t like hard work but it does mean that he ended up allowing sunak to drive economic policy rather than interfere. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Your point being?

You're comparing cheese with a bag of marbles.

Johnson wasn't credible, he was a partial vacuum with a penis who has zero policies he believed in. The only thing important to Johnson was Johnson and Johnson's johnson. He was trained at school enough to know that he could bluster his way through events where deferential idiots would excuse him because he could say "servus survum servi servo servibus".

Truss is a different kettle of mangos entirely. A women subsumed by quasi religious political fervour; so absorbed by the correctness of her position she thinks she can bend light to her will. Not so much politically inept as ideologically possessed.

Major was a political god in comparison to these two fücknuggets.

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 4