Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Perhaps it’s time the British stopped electing their PM based on entertainment value, and considered statesmanship and competence instead.

Certainly, but Im not sure any of the current crop on either side look great on that basis.  The fact that Ed Miliband looks pretty good right now tells you a lot.

19 hours ago, ozleicester said:

But the conservatives are the best financial managers

The conservatives are no longer in charge of the Conservatives.  Massive unfunded tax cuts are not conservative.  Announcing them without an OBR forecast is not conservative.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The conservatives are no longer in charge of the Conservatives.  Massive unfunded tax cuts are not conservative.  Announcing them without an OBR forecast is not conservative.  

and still fvckin idiots vote for them, support and defend them...and in the election after next, they will vote for them again because of greed racism and selfishness,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Certainly, but Im not sure any of the current crop on either side look great on that basis.  The fact that Ed Miliband looks pretty good right now tells you a lot.

Miliband has grown as a politician since he was leader of the Labour Party. He's a lesson in life that going for promotion before your ready isn't always a good thing. Liz Truss would have done well to learn from his error.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Miliband has grown as a politician since he was leader of the Labour Party. He's a lesson in life that going for promotion before your ready isn't always a good thing. Liz Truss would have done well to learn from his error.

Truss might be ok to be a lollypop lady in about 10 years!! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I just can’t comprehend why these morons are allowed to get away doing this. Why does no one intervene, where is the security. I’m absolutely sick of seeing shit like this. The justice system won’t deal with them appropriately, they’ll be back on streets within 24 hours doing the same thing again. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFMM9ahv/

.... and yet the fact that human activity has led to it's very own complex species extinction event (the Holocene) with an extinction rate a hundred to a thousand times the typical background rate doesn't seem to bother you, judging by your lack of comment on it. Speaking personally, I can't comprehend how certain areas of humanity are allowed by folks like yourself to keep getting away with stuff like that.

Of course, these particular people are morons and really aren't helping with addressing that issue, but might I say there might be an issue with priorities and magnitude of problem here, ser.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Haven't clicked the video link as I'm an adult and not the target audience for tik tok, but one would assume, from such enthusiasm towards it, that it refers to a serious crime like arson, assault or shouting racist abuse at people. 

Pouring milk on the floor at M&S 

35 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

.... and yet the fact that human activity has led to it's very own complex species extinction event (the Holocene) with an extinction rate a hundred to a thousand times the typical background rate doesn't seem to bother you, judging by your lack of comment on it. Speaking personally, I can't comprehend how certain areas of humanity are allowed by folks like yourself to keep getting away with stuff like that.

Of course, these particular people are morons and really aren't helping with addressing that issue, but might I say there might be an issue with priorities and magnitude of problem here, ser.

In this instance that is all I’m interested in. I want to see these idiots properly punished. From throwing soup on works of art, gluing themselves to roads to drilling holes in tanker tyres. It’s time these muppets were criminalised. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

In this instance that is all I’m interested in. I want to see these idiots properly punished. From throwing soup on works of art, gluing themselves to roads to drilling holes in tanker tyres. It’s time these muppets were criminalised. 

Erm, they already are criminalised? Plenty of laws to deal with them already.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Erm, they already are criminalised? Plenty of laws to deal with them already.

Quite aside from the above, which means the issue appears to be one of enforcement in your eyes (fair enough), then I would definitely suggest that your priorities are rather maladjusted and such apathy on the behalf of rather larger problems, if carried out on a wide scale, will lead to no good end and then would be at least in part the responsibility of those who think the way described here.

Nothing personal, of course.

And, donning my tinfoil hat for a moment, while I know there are going to be people in such movements who lack self-awareness and awareness of the public psyche to the degree that they'd think something like this would help their objectives...every time it happens, I can't help but think that it is a very, very easy thing for a patsy to do to make the entire campaign look bad, and by extension their message, and thus maintain the status quo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Quite aside from the above, which means the issue appears to be one of enforcement in your eyes (fair enough), then I would definitely suggest that your priorities are rather maladjusted and such apathy on the behalf of rather larger problems, if carried out on a wide scale, will lead to no good end and then would be at least in part the responsibility of those who think the way described here.

Nothing personal, of course.

Yes but do these people doing this sort of thing here in the uk believe their ludicrous actions are going to have any influence on Countries like China and India, who as we speak are building scores of new coal fired power stations. They’re delusional idiots who want dealing with harshly. 

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Yes but do these people doing this sort of thing here in the uk believe their ludicrous actions are going to have any influence on Countries like China and India, who as we speak are building scores of new coal fired power stations. They’re delusional idiots who want dealing with harshly. 

....who said anything about carbon emissions here?

This is about loss of species biodiversity, something for which pretty much the entire industrialised human world takes equal responsibility, including the UK.

Of course these folks are planks and need a talking to (or whatever), but I am still rather dumbfounded at the lack of focus on the real problem rather than a few idiots playing protestor with some milk in M & S.

Let me ask: do you actually care about the real problem and want to see something done about it, or are you just in the mood to complain about matters peripheral to it in a way that means it doesn't get addressed?

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

and still fvckin idiots vote for them, support and defend them...and in the election after next, they will vote for them again because of greed racism and selfishness,

I think familial reasons carries much sway amongst many voters too, this applies across all party supporters too

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

....who said anything about carbon emissions here?

This is about loss of species biodiversity, something for which pretty much the entire industrialised human world takes equal responsibility, including the UK.

Of course these folks are planks and need a talking to (or whatever), but I am still rather dumbfounded at the lack of focus on the real problem rather than a few idiots playing protestor with some milk in M & S.

Let me ask: do you actually care about the real problem and want to see something done about it, or are you just in the mood to complain about matters peripheral to it in a way that means it doesn't get addressed?

From my point of view, this conversation you're having now is exactly what I fear happens. Fazzer is exactly the kind of person you need to get onside with the battle against climate change and other important causes such as the sustainability of farming etc, and as proven by this current interaction he's seeing the actions of people like this, rolling his eyes at them or getting pissed off at them and is switched off to the actual issue at hand. And you can be like "yeah yeah they're idiots and need talking to, but there's a bigger issue out there", which you are right about there is a bigger picture, and the people you need to win over a join your fight are being pushed away by these actions. How we stop it I don't know, but it needs to stop as it's doing more harm than good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

From my point of view, this conversation you're having now is exactly what I fear happens. Fazzer is exactly the kind of person you need to get onside with the battle against climate change and other important causes such as the sustainability of farming etc, and as proven by this current interaction he's seeing the actions of people like this, rolling his eyes at them or getting pissed off at them and is switched off to the actual issue at hand. And you can be like "yeah yeah they're idiots and need talking to, but there's a bigger issue out there", which you are right about there is a bigger picture, and the people you need to win over a join your fight are being pushed away by these actions. How we stop it I don't know, but it needs to stop as it's doing more harm than good.

I can offer no convincing evidence to the contrary, sadly. Nor do I have an effective solution for the clear and real problem you point out here.

I wish I did.