Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

15 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

image.png.34b51cf3c1344f8f22f695e12be42fb6.png

Value of the pound up on news Chancellor will bin all of Truss' fiscal policies and do it sooner. 

Worth reiterating again though that the tanking pound and rising cost of borrowing is due to global forces and nothing to do with domestic policy. 

Pleased to see some decisive action taken finally to be honest, feels far better with Hunt involved than either of the other clowns involved.

Just need Liz to rip off her mask revealing Boris and we are in business  lol 

12 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I’ve no beef with protesting it’s a fundamental right. But what these idiots are doing is unlawful it’s as simple as that. 

I know. It's like when those bloody women chained themselves to buildings a hundred years ago. And when those black people sat down on the bus. People should only ever stay within the law because that is the only way you get change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

image.png.34b51cf3c1344f8f22f695e12be42fb6.png

Value of the pound up on news Chancellor will bin all of Truss' fiscal policies and do it sooner. 

Worth reiterating again though that the tanking pound and rising cost of borrowing is due to global forces and nothing to do with domestic policy. 

The cost of govt borrowing is the real measure of their credibility (and it’s easing this morning)

Following Sterling isn’t reliable 100% of the time but all the time it sat below 1.11 for the past month was purely down to the mini budget tax measures 

All those business’ who have had to buy dollars in the 1-05/1-10 area have lost money purely on the incompetence of truss/kk.  

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The cost of govt borrowing is the real measure of their credibility (and it’s easing this morning)

Following Sterling isn’t reliable 100% of the time but all the time it sat below 1.11 for the past month was purely down to the mini budget tax measures 

All those business’ who have had to buy dollars in the 1-05/1-10 area have lost money purely on the incompetence of truss/kk.  

Whilst I'm a mature, grown up individual (lie), I should clarify I post these purely to throw shade at a select few of my fellow City fans who are so far up the government's arse they are blind to the incumbents ineptitude.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

I know. It's like when those bloody women chained themselves to buildings a hundred years ago. And when those black people sat down on the bus. People should only ever stay within the law because that is the only way you get change. 

These days you get change through the ballot box. As us Tories will find out in 2024, possibly. 

49 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Whilst I'm a mature, grown up individual (lie), I should clarify I post these purely to throw shade at a select few of my fellow City fans who are so far up the government's arse they are blind to the incumbents ineptitude.

Don`t you feel this sentiment exists on all political "sides"? :D Just want them to fix the mess they helped make

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

These days you get change through the ballot box. As us Tories will find out in 2024, possibly. 

That change is still influenced by many things, including protests, peaceful or disruptive. Anything that influences public opinion will influence policy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

That change is still influenced by many things, including protests, peaceful or disruptive. Anything that influences public opinion will influence policy.

I'm actually about to write a dissertation on whether that's true or not for scientific topics in many places around the world and if so exactly how much of a role public opinion plays in policymaking.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I'm actually about to write a dissertation on whether that's true or not for scientific topics in many places around the world and if so exactly how much of a role public opinion plays in policymaking.

Brexit is your perfect example, Farage and co whipped up public opinion and forced Cameron's hand to hold a referendum.

Just now, Captain... said:

Brexit is your perfect example, Farage and co whipped up public opinion and forced Cameron's hand to hold a referendum.

I'm covering more specific science topics than that (Covid and climate change being two) because my focus is science communication, but yes, it is a fair example.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don`t you feel this sentiment exists on all political "sides"? :D Just want them to fix the mess they helped make

We live in such a bizzare time.  It goes without saying that personal political voting choices are a deeply personal thing based on life experience and personal principles and "side loyalty" should actually be encouraged.  The problem now is that politics has evolved in such a way that the traditional system of government and party political system doesn't seem to function.  What is a Labour voter?  Are they centrist New Labour or far left Momentum types?  What is a conservative voter?  Are they One Nation Centre Rights, Far Right Libertarians?  Coming back to my point about party political alignment, where does that leave votes?  I'm very much a centrist and would actually chose One Nation Conservatism over Corbyism (I voted Lib Dem when that choice was available), but would always choose a Centrist Labour (my preference) over the current Libertarian lot running the show in government currently.  It pains me to say it, but when Boris beat Corbyn, I wasn't particularly upset even though I'm "traditionally Labour".  We somehow find outself in this strange position where conservative voters (particularly Red Wall) who voted for Boris who is, I think more of a centrist than is made out, are de-facto votes for a very right wing libertarian branch of a party.

Guess what I'm rambling at in response is that traditionally people should be loyal to their political parties as they represent their political views but this is no longer the case.  In the good old days, competance rather than loyalty was generally discharged in Westminister but sadly this is a thing of the past now.  Boris purged anyone critical of Brexit and now Liz has purged anyone who aligned to Sunak.

I also want them to fix the mess they've made, but the mess is currently beyond repair with this lot and extends into the party political system too.  The traditional Conservative party doesn't exist anymore and until they can sort that out, they need ejecting as it's destroying the economy and society.  We've seen what their policies have done to the economy and the unseem damage to society is less obvious.  Keir, to his credit, has purged most of the Momentum lot and the Conservatives really need to do the same before they can come close to fixing a more structural issue they have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

We live in such a bizzare time.  It goes without saying that personal political voting choices are a deeply personal thing based on life experience and personal principles and "side loyalty" should actually be encouraged.  The problem now is that politics has evolved in such a way that the traditional system of government and party political system doesn't seem to function.  What is a Labour voter?  Are they centrist New Labour or far left Momentum types?  What is a conservative voter?  Are they One Nation Centre Rights, Far Right Libertarians?  Coming back to my point about party political alignment, where does that leave votes?  I'm very much a centrist and would actually chose One Nation Conservatism over Corbyism (I voted Lib Dem when that choice was available), but would always choose a Centrist Labour (my preference) over the current Libertarian lot running the show in government currently.  It pains me to say it, but when Boris beat Corbyn, I wasn't particularly upset even though I'm "traditionally Labour".  We somehow find outself in this strange position where conservative voters (particularly Red Wall) who voted for Boris who is, I think more of a centrist than is made out, are de-facto votes for a very right wing libertarian branch of a party.

Guess what I'm rambling at in response is that traditionally people should be loyal to their political parties as they represent their political views but this is no longer the case.  In the good old days, competance rather than loyalty was generally discharged in Westminister but sadly this is a thing of the past now.  Boris purged anyone critical of Brexit and now Liz has purged anyone who aligned to Sunak.

I also want them to fix the mess they've made, but the mess is currently beyond repair with this lot and extends into the party political system too.  The traditional Conservative party doesn't exist anymore and until they can sort that out, they need ejecting as it's destroying the economy and society.  We've seen what their policies have done to the economy and the unseem damage to society is less obvious.  Keir, to his credit, has purged most of the Momentum lot and the Conservatives really need to do the same before they can come close to fixing a more structural issue they have.

Sheesh, its like I could have written that first paragraph :blink:

Although I do not like "side loyalty" bit too much, as it suggests an entrenced viewpoint, so perhaps although I recognise the sentiments, mine come from a diferent source

A once Tory voter, although have not voted for them for about 3-4 GE's, but the sentiments you list are the same

Encouraging or evidence of the messed up political system, just not sure!?!?!