Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think people are overthinking this a little bit. The current crisis is caused by events out of our hands but also a series of appalling but deliberate choices by the government to make us poorer. 

The current crises, the crises since 2008, are symptoms of the lack of resilience the broken economic system affords most of the population.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think people are overthinking this a little bit. The current crisis is caused by events out of our hands but also a series of appalling but deliberate choices by the government to make us poorer. 

Brexit!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Not sure if anyone saw Ed Miliband absolutely annihilate Sunak today.

I was rather new to politics when he was leader but I don’t remember him being as clear and powerful whilst speaking during those times.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

If he's charging £10 per egg, I can see some competition entering the market. I might jump on a train myself and set up a stall charging £5 per egg.

The whole green could be covered in competing egg stalls, representing the epitome of deregulated free market capitalism.

Maybe whichever stallholder ultimately achieves market monopoly will open a Grantham grocer's shop and his/her daughter will grow up to become PM and ruin the country.

All we need to complete the scene is for all the delivery trucks to trash the green, which is after all a common area, so of no consequence in a market free for all. Maybe throw in a diesel spill for good measure.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Not sure if anyone saw Ed Miliband absolutely annihilate Sunak today.

I was rather new to politics when he was leader but I don’t remember him being as clear and powerful whilst speaking during those times.

Ouch 😅 that is brutal. And beautiful.

Where was this Ed Miliband 7 years ago?

As harsh as it is, the big thing is the western world needs to massively stop producing humans. We eat more than our fair share of resources and overpopulate. Jobs, in the future, will be more scarce because of advancing technology. I don't think there's any political appetite to have the honest conversation about our growing population, which is not well managed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Went too soon for leadership, wasn't ready. I'm all for ambition but its about knowing when you're ready, not running before you can walk. Much like a football manager taking a top job too soon. Once you do it though, it's very hard, in fact almost impossible, to get back to the same level.

4 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

The MP in question is apparently in his 50s and became an MP in 2001. There are six Tory MPs who fit that description:

Boris Johnson
Jonathan Djangoly
Bill Wiggin
Mark Francois
Andrew Rosindell
Richard Bacon

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The MP in question is apparently in his 50s and became an MP in 2001. There are six Tory MPs who fit that description:

Boris Johnson
Jonathan Djangoly
Bill Wiggin
Mark Francois
Andrew Rosindell
Richard Bacon

All are or sound like nonces. 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Boris Johnson
Jonathan Djangoly
Bill Wiggin
Mark Francois
Andrew Rosindell
Richard Bacon

The first three names sound like made up nicknames that public schoolboys would give to their goolies.

Noms de saucisson, if you will.

I appreciate that the first three names include the current Prime Minister.  lol

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As harsh as it is, the big thing is the western world needs to massively stop producing humans. We eat more than our fair share of resources and overpopulate. Jobs, in the future, will be more scarce because of advancing technology. I don't think there's any political appetite to have the honest conversation about our growing population, which is not well managed. 

The workforce is actually probably going to shrink. Our societal approach to old age is a bigger unasked question for me.

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Boris Johnson
Jonathan Djangoly
Bill Wiggin
Mark Francois
Andrew Rosindell
Richard Bacon

The person has been named (leaked) and it's not the one in bold. 

Imagine if it was the first individual in that list..

You wouldn't make it up, especially after what's happened over the past two years with numerous internal controversies.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Boris Johnson
Jonathan Djangoly
Bill Wiggin
Mark Francois
Andrew Rosindell
Richard Bacon

The other 5 on that list will be desperately appearing at PMQs tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

We certainly need to manage our population growth, but the numbers suggest that as a country grows accustomed to luxuries and a reduced child mortality rate, that happens anyway.

Resource consumption is, of course, another can of worms.

Tories spent 12 years telling us that Labour’s spending was to blame for the 2008 recession in spite of a global crash. Now they’re telling us inflation is a global issue and they’re not to blame. Make your minds up lads. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Tories spent 12 years telling us that Labour’s spending was to blame for the 2008 recession in spite of a global crash. Now they’re telling us inflation is a global issue and they’re not to blame. Make your minds up lads. 

You could easily flip that argument…..

I wouldn’t be so bold though, I said for 2008 it was badly prepared for and badly dealt with initially. This is even worse, despite a better starting point.

9 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I beg your pardon. 

Boris Johnson
Jonathan Djangoly
Bill Wiggin
Mark Francois
Andrew Rosindell
Richard Bacon

He was the one who voted to scrap the £20 universal credit uplift and then said MPs had second jobs because they had families and responsibilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

He was the one who voted to scrap the £20 universal credit uplift and then said MPs had second jobs because they had families and responsibilities.

I've just been chatting to a colleague whose best friend worked in his office around the time these alleged offences took place. Although she wasn't a victim of this kind of behaviour from him, she loathed him and is apparently completely unsurprised by these allegations.

He seems to be a proper Alan B'Stard - union jack -waving, portraits of the queen in his office, pro death penalty etc, yet an absolute arsehole behind the scenes.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He has better opinions than that: “Persistent rapists should be castrated”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/may/02/uk.conservatives1

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Yep, England is the most densely populated overcrowded Country in Europe. With net migration around 300k a year it will only get substantially worse. But still the Left want more and easier routes for them to get here.

• Haha 1