Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Capitalism works if its heavily regulated, but the problem is that there are lots of sociopaths and ghouls willing to wreck the lives of millions to make a few extra quid. The biggest problem we have is that shareholders have become addicted to record breaking profits year on year which means they are willing to do almost anything to achieve that. I've lost count of how many times I've seen a large company make a healthy (but not record breaking) profit and then announce that it is restructuring. 

A lot of these shareholders have become addicted to dining on the public purse and are absolutely unwilling to share with anyone else, so they lobby and pour untold resources into ensuring we subsidise their profits. The NHS is a huge example of this, so many consultancy companies are draining them of cash (hundreds of millions) year on year and providing next to no actual service. Money that could be much better spent immediately. 

There needs to be a separation of public and private services, there is a place for private services to thrive and make money and there is a place for well-funded public services to provide quality services without the spectre of privatization looming over them.

A good argument for big government

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

May I ask, do you still think this was a good idea? If so, what tangible benefits do you think have accrued?

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

So you voted for Johnson so Brexit would 'be done '?...

Can I ask you what benefits the UK are experiencing now the 'oven ready ' deal is done and dusted?

I'm genuinely interested.

I case you didn't know, Jon voted brexit and then ran off to Australia at the earliest opportunity. So thanks for that one lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Spot on. Even though i am comfortable how can these million/billionaires lay in their luxury beds in their mansions and see the suffering that is going on right now. Shambles of a government and a country a whole. Every time we do our reduced weekly shop we buy extra and drop it into the food bank on the way out. Were just doing it for those who are struggling. So if anyone is struggling then feel free to DM me. Me and the mrs will help if we can. 

Thing is, none of us really know how much these mega wealthy donate to various causes. I imagine it's more than we think.

4 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

OK I must have misinterpreted your reply. Maybe I'm an exception but I find these conversations useful for forming my own opinions. I am genuinely interested in what other people think, particularly in areas that I would like to see happen but can't quite figure out how - there doesn't need to be an argument. But fair play, I respect your approach

If you are genuine about this I applaud you.  For me it is so important for all of us to judge by their own experiences - being dogmatic about how we will vote is failing to acknowledge success or failure.

At present this government is unsupportable - I could never support it.  That is not to say I would never vote for the CP in years to come ….. however it will take me a long time to forget this s*** show and without doubt my dismay began with the Liar in Chief

Just now, fox_up_north said:

Suella Braverman has blamed the oil protests on Labour, somehow. Woman's absolutely bonkers. How she got a job that high up in law, I will never know

I generally take a dim view of people who constantly say how embarrassed they are to be British, but when I hear her speaking yes I am embarrassed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Suella Braverman has blamed the oil protests on Labour, somehow. Woman's absolutely bonkers. How she got a job that high up in law, I will never know

Just when we got rid of that hideous racist tart Patel, in steps Suella..

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I don’t even understand what this Tory party actually is at the moment. :huh:

They've gone doolally. I think it is because the underclass has started voting for them since brexit. They dunno where they are. The toffs vote for them, the comfortably off daily mail blue rinse brigade vote for them and now the underclass have sidled with them. How can anyone mesh those three sectors together other than spout more and more extreme views. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

They've gone doolally. I think it is because the underclass has started voting for them since brexit. They dunno where they are. The toffs vote for them, the comfortably off daily mail blue rinse brigade vote for them and now the underclass have sidled with them. How can anyone mesh those three sectors together other than spout more and more extreme views. 

Ah, may be this is it, they are flailing around trying to shake off these human tag nuts?