Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ah, may be this is it, they are flailing around trying to shake off these human tag nuts?

It's a confusion. Cost of living goes haywire. Slash public service investment. Ruin the economy. Pensions in tatters. Mortgage rates skyrocketing. The underclass don't give a shite about any of that. The votes just keep on coming for Boris (they wouldn't even know he's moved on) 

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can you describe the positives?

We've taken back control 😂

We've got blue passports 😂

We've got rid of all those pesky Europeans coming over here and filling the jobs that the lazy/superior Brits don't want to do!😂

And we're importing less cheese!!.. that was a disgrace!!😂

Edited by weller54
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

Therefore, unfettered - and more so under the last couple of Tory iterations, transforming a democracy into a fully fledged kleptocracy. 

I’ve no problem with some having more than others, I’ve an absolute problem with some having nothing while others have more than they could possibly spend in a lifetime. I have a problem with the blinkered nature of those who either experienced no suffering of their own and/or hold no empathy for the suffering of others. Some will always ‘want’ more, but there’s a reason we teach our children that you can’t always have what you want. 

Great sentiments.

Whenever I watch the Party of Truss, Coffey and Braverman this plays through my head:

“And crawling on the planet's face,
some insects called the human race.
Lost in time, and lost in space.
And meaning.”

Richard O'Brien, The Rocky Horror Show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The fact that the tory Party are showing us all that they work only for the one percent and that they're so obviously supported by more than the one percent is so galling. 

Shows the value of good PR and use of the media to further your reach. Arron Banks and the like showed them the way about that over Brexit.

It also shows that a system of democratic one-man one-vote choice of government, while the best option we've currently come up with, is still seriously flawed.

As for Braverman, for someone who claims to not be a climate change ignorer she certainly walks and talks like one.

Even JRM, of all people, is talking about the need to change energy sustainability but using technology to do it rather than maintain the status quo, for goodness sake.

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

As for Braverman, for someone who claims to not be a climate change ignorer she certainly walks and talks like one.

Even JRM, of all people, is talking about the need to change energy sustainability but using technology to do it rather than maintain the status quo, for goodness sake.

He’s obviously bought shares in sustainable energy tech companies 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s obviously bought shares in sustainable energy tech companies 

I think that's very possible.

However, it really is the results that count. If him making a quick buck doesn't get in the way of the implementation of green energy infrastructure or just acts as a corollary of it, then I don't much care.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

However, it really is the results that count. If him making a quick buck doesn't get in the way of the implementation of green energy infrastructure or just acts as a corollary of it, then I don't much care.

Aye, this is the mother of all a results business

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Until he sells those shares and changes govt policy !

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Aye, this is the mother of all a results business

Yep. Unless we get results money, and economics, won't mean much to those who are left.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Until he sells those shares and changes govt policy !

Right, hence my use of the words "doesn't get in the way of implementation".

Careful watching is required, but for now, just careful watching.

Edited by leicsmac

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought Priti Patel was bad. Braverman takes it to another level. Horrible woman. 

At least with Patel it was cold calculated malice which made her predictable. Braverman is completely and utterly unhinged. She’s more dangerous than the PM.