Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Thought Priti Patel was bad. Braverman takes it to another level. Horrible woman. 

Patel was plain incompetent. What did she actually achieve? As for Braverman she needs somehow to stop, or at worst slow the tens of thousands crossing the channel who are now costing taxpayers over 5 million a day. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Patel was plain incompetent. What did she actually achieve? As for Braverman she needs somehow to stop, or at worst slow the tens of thousands crossing the channel who are now costing taxpayers over 5 million a day. 

Who could have predicted that taking back control of our borders would be so successful….

on a more serious note, would membership of the EU make this easier for us to manage ??

16 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Thousands? 

£5m/day?

Whwre are these figures coming from? 

Saying what she did in parliament yesterday isn't really going to stop that anyhow... 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Until he sells those shares and changes govt policy !

The idea that JRMs investment business would lead to him changing policy is up there with him wanting Brexit to benefit his portfolio.  The money he invests is not his, so at most his company takes a tiny fraction of any profit.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thousands? 

£5m/day?

Whwre are these figures coming from? 

Saying what she did in parliament yesterday isn't really going to stop that anyhow... 

over 35k this year already and that doesn’t include those stowed away in the back of lorry’s etc. it’s all on gov.uk. 

29 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

So go on tell us how she can do that,  because the policies of the last twelve years  have only served to increase migration across the Channel in small boats. In fact before Brexit I don't remember hearing ant stories of people coming over that way.

Edited by Robo61

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The idea that JRMs investment business would lead to him changing policy is up there with him wanting Brexit to benefit his portfolio.  The money he invests is not his, so at most his company takes a tiny fraction of any profit.

That you would even defend him against what were facetious posts by me says a lot about the current administration. 

and the money he invests will include his own btw. He may not have much of his own dosh in the published funds but you can be sure he is investing his own dosh where it will earn.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Who could have predicted that taking back control of our borders would be so successful….

on a more serious note, would membership of the EU make this easier for us to manage ??

The French didn’t stop them before Brexit, we didn’t return them before Brexit. So on that basis I’d say no. Btw and for the record I didn’t vote for Brexit, not all Tories did. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That you would even defend him against what were facetious posts by me says a lot about the current administration. 

and the money he invests will include his own btw. He may not have much of his own dosh in the published funds but you can be sure he is investing his own dosh where it will earn.  

I prefer to deal in facts not nonsense.  I don't defend him at all from being misogynistic, elitist religious bigot, but there is no suggestion his investing has any influence on government policy at all. 

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

The French didn’t stop them before Brexit, we didn’t return them before Brexit. So on that basis I’d say no. Btw and for the record I didn’t vote for Brexit, not all Tories did

Correct - the project got across the line using the dumbnuts across the political spectrum 

is it worse now?

if so, is that because the pandemic reduced the flow ?

im confident that French give two fooks rather than three now. We have definitely lost some leverage. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I prefer to deal in facts not nonsense.  I don't defend him at all from being misogynistic, elitist religious bigot, but there is no suggestion his investing has any influence on government policy at all. 

I’m afraid that this govt have already shown their propensity to make decisions that feather ‘their own nests’ rather than the masses ….

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid that this govt have already shown their propensity to make decisions that feather ‘their own nests’ rather than the masses ….

Once again, do you have any evidence whatsoever of this?  They have certainly wasted **** loads of cash on PPE etc, but I have seen no actual evidence any decision maker benefitted personally.  If there was any I think this would be much bigger news no?  People being arrested for fraud etc?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

So go on tell us how she can do that,  because the policies of the last twelve years  have only served to increase migration across the Channel in small boats. In fact before Brexit I don't remember hearing ant stories of people coming over that way.

I don’t know. She needs to make coming here less attractive. There needs to be a concerted effort to break the smuggling gangs. If you saw the panorama prog the other week it’s clear it’s a huge business. 

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I don’t know. She needs to make coming here less attractive. There needs to be a concerted effort to break the smuggling gangs. If you saw the panorama prog the other week it’s clear it’s a huge business. 

So no suggestions how to do that then.  It is really straight forward,  simply re-introduce the face routes migrants could utilise before this don't show kicked off.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Correct - the project got across the line using the dumbnuts across the political spectrum 

is it worse now?

if so, is that because the pandemic reduced the flow ?

im confident that French give two fooks rather than three now. We have definitely lost some leverage. 

I don’t disagree. But something has to be done. They’ll soon be no hotels left. I have often wondered what would happen  politically  if BF picked them up in the channel then instead of bringing them to Dover took them back to Calais. Now there’s a thought. 

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The entire point of Brexit was so the likes of him weren’t forced to abandon tax havens by the EU and conduct their fiscal matters in a more honest and transparent fashion.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Once again, do you have any evidence whatsoever of this?  They have certainly wasted **** loads of cash on PPE etc, but I have seen no actual evidence any decision maker benefitted personally.  If there was any I think this would be much bigger news no?  People being arrested for fraud etc?

Do you read private eye?  There is plenty that goes on but it’s tough to prove shenanigans because there are choices to be made and how can you prove that a choice has been made for illicit gains ?

and I would have thought it is certainly a conflict of interest for govt ministers to be involved in investment funds. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

This government are certainly making living here less attractive. We'll start seeing thousands of boats going the other way soon enough.

• Haha 1