Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

10 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

It is funny I watch that and absolutely lap it up, but the equivalent pro-tory or anti-labour video I will instantly dismiss as bollocks. I have been aware of Led by Donkeys for a while and they seem to do their research and I've never found any inaccuracies in their stuff, but there is an obvious bias. 

Whereas this video I have no idea about any of these secret lobbying cabals and their influence on the government, but I find it so plausible and it fits my narrative I just believe every word of it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Captain... said:

This government are certainly making living here less attractive. We'll start seeing thousands of boats going the other way soon enough.

Not for the channel crosser’s, for them it’s the land of milk and honey, and a nice hotel room. 

7 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Not for the channel crosser’s, for them it’s the land of milk and honey, and a nice hotel room. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/aug/27/controversial-napier-barracks-in-line-to-house-asylum-seekers-until-2025

I guess Cliveden House was fully booked.

https://www.redcross.org.uk/stories/migration-and-displacement/refugees-and-asylum-seekers/asylum-seekers-are-they-living-on-easy-street

Edited by Zear0
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Truss' parents are left-wing right? She grew up left-wing and apparently "converted" to her current alignment. 

What if - and hear me out, here - Liz Truss is a left-wing sleeper that has been playing a 30-year long game in order to bring down the Tories from within, and is currently enacting zero vote policies? 

It's the only explanation, surely? 

She's therefore doing a magnificent job!😂

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Truss' parents are left-wing right? She grew up left-wing and apparently "converted" to her current alignment. 

What if - and hear me out, here - Liz Truss is a left-wing sleeper that has been playing a 30-year long game in order to bring down the Tories from within, and is currently enacting zero vote policies? 

Tbf Secret Agent Liz Truss does have a particular flair to it. lol

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Funnily enough I listened to a podcast of liz truss from about 4 years ago and that's exactly what her dad thinks. 

Listen to it from 1 minute 50 seconds. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cyhr2n

I'm no economist, but Kwarteng's budget was astonishingly inept. That Truss somehow didn't grade it F- is indicative that she believed an economic recovery could be achieved by such nonsense.

Hunt is going back down the austerity cul-de-sac - the Cameron/Hammond dead-end belief that squeezing the poor (and I mean relatively poor) of money will somehow miraculously create a powerhouse economy. This is faux politics - the Tory Party desperately trying to cling to power for its own sake. Which is, in this time of huge need, almost treasonous.   

160,000 backwoods and backward Tory Party members are steering this country. The last time a ruling 'elite' showed this much callous disregard for their underlings, there was a nationwide revolt and revolution - where their lands and properties were confiscated and  they were executed by the tens of thousands...by guillotine.

As much as I'm against physical punishment, I consider a spell in the stocks would bring a lot of these irresponsibles to reflect on where ego takes one.

• Like 2

Just now, gerblod said:

I'm no economist, but Kwarteng's budget was astonishingly inept. That Truss somehow didn't grade it F- is indicative that she believed an economic recovery could be achieved by such nonsense.

Hunt is going back down the austerity cul-de-sac - the Cameron/Hammond dead-end belief that squeezing the poor (and I mean relatively poor) of money will somehow miraculously create a powerhouse economy. This is faux politics - the Tory Party desperately trying to cling to power for its own sake. Which is, in this time of huge need, almost treasonous.   

160,000 backwoods and backward Tory Party members are steering this country. The last time a ruling 'elite' showed this much callous disregard for their underlings, there was a nationwide revolt and revolution - where their lands and properties were confiscated and  they were executed by the tens of thousands...by guillotine.

As much as I'm against physical punishment, I consider a spell in the stocks would bring a lot of these irresponsibles to reflect on where ego takes one.

The whole thing is the net result of being in hock to all the 'think' tanks in 55 Tufton Street - it's all about f*****m via economics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Can confirm, her dad taught a module I did at uni a few years ago. From what I heard even then, he didn't like to have to much to do with her due to her politics...

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I must risk my life more crossing the channel so I can reach the land of milk & honey.

Since 23rd June 2016, I've been giving it plenty of thought.

Edited by Zear0
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Patel and Braverman were, at some point, descended from immigrants who were accepted into this country by governments

They were invited here, they came here legally through proper immigration means I'd imagine, unlike those crossing the channel in small boats who have paid people smugglers thousands of pounds.

I have absolutely no gripe with migration to this country, but it needs to be controlled, surely. 

3 line whip to vote in favour of fracking. So that's pensioners and NIMBYs they'll have upset in the past 24 hours.

The Tory base is well and truly gone. Especially with the racists flooding back to UKIP, Reclaim and Reform. 

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Perhaps do some actual research in to why people are doing it? Count yourself lucky you were born within imaginary borders drawn up years ago so you aren't vulnerable to exploitation and risking your life just for a "nice hotel room"

• Like 3