Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He has better opinions than that: “Persistent rapists should be castrated”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/may/02/uk.conservatives1

"He wants the return of the death penalty (with a choice of methods)"

"Opponent of the peace settlement in Northern Ireland."

"As chairman of the Federation of Conservative Students he presided over policies condemning the release of Nelson Mandela"

lol 

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Yep, England is the most densely populated overcrowded Country in Europe. With net migration around 300k a year it will only get substantially worse. But still the Left want more and easier routes for them to get here.

True. And what's also true is that most of Europe doesn't know what real population density is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

"He wants the return of the death penalty (with a choice of methods)"

"Opponent of the peace settlement in Northern Ireland."

"As chairman of the Federation of Conservative Students he presided over policies condemning the release of Nelson Mandela"

lol 

Interesting fact: he was bullied at school.

46 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Yep, England is the most densely populated overcrowded Country in Europe. With net migration around 300k a year it will only get substantially worse. But still the Left want more and easier routes for them to get here.

There was an article in the Financial Times the other day saying that net migration has actually increased post brexit but people are much happier about it. 

53 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Less than 10 seconds of research will show you that it is in fact not true.

And that will teach me for trusting conspiracists while at work and unable to fact check.

I think my own point stands though.

It’s amazing how someone can so quickly turn a discussion about worldwide overpopulation to one solely about migration into one part of this country (migration figures should be about the CTA as a whole anyway given our open borders) and how “the left” have created that problem despite not being in government for 12 years. Net migration into and out of a single specific part of the world and worldwide overpopulation are 2 entirely separate debates.

For the record, obviously Monaco has several times a higher population density than us given it’s just a small city full of skyscrapers. But even ignoring the micro states, the Netherlands has the highest population density in Europe.

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, bovril said:

The left hasn't been in power for 12 years. During that time immigration has increased. We leave the EU, putting up trade barriers with our closest neighbour, and immigration still increases. 

The Conservatives don't care about cutting migration, they are the party of austerity and nothing else.

I know this is a sensitive point amongst some posters on here but really it's hard not to conclude some voters have simply been mislead when 'the left' are still constantly blamed for rising immigration. 

I don’t disagree. This government is deeply disappointing. 

• Like 1

Anyhow, the point is, if it needs clarification further, that the UK is by no means overcrowded and can easily support the amount of people it has and more besides. If it does not, that is a failure of government will and logistics, not a lack of resources and space.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dames said:

Tories have been in power for the past 12 years and further than that the vast majority of the past 100 yet they’ve done nothing and i mean absolutely nothing to sort out migration.

It will never change because its a tactic to keep people like you consistently angry because without that anger people would see through them in a second and they’d never see power again.

The problem with this country is that so many people are angry and they will vote according to that anger. If a Labour or ‘leftie’ opposition leader offered everyone free 50 inch TV’s most people in the Country would vote against it because the Conservatives will point out that means Ahmed from Afghanistan would get one too and they can’t be having that. 

So would/will Labour reduce inward migration? At least Patel seems to be trying to do something about it, but as usual is met with a barrage of opposition from the left.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

So would/will Labour reduce inward migration? At least Patel seems to be trying to do something about it, but as usual is met with a barrage of opposition from the left.

Aha, the old WHAT WOULD LABOUR DO tactic.

Put Labour to one side for a second. I know it's hard, petal, but give it a go for us. Ignore THE LEFT, and focus on the Government (the RIGHT) who have been in power for 12 (twelve, TWELVE. That's more than a decade btw) years. 

Can you tell us what they've done to reduce migration? Give us a list, educate us. We'll even take the Daily Mail as a source if you really want. Come on, give us something that doesn't skew it back to Labour or the left. I dare you. Go on. I dare you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Aha, the old WHAT WOULD LABOUR DO tactic.

Put Labour to one side for a second. I know it's hard, petal, but give it a go for us. Ignore THE LEFT, and focus on the Government (the RIGHT) who have been in power for 12 (twelve, TWELVE. That's more than a decade btw) years. 

Can you tell us what they've done to reduce migration? Give us a list, educate us. We'll even take the Daily Mail as a source if you really want. Come on, give us something that doesn't skew it back to Labour or the left. I dare you. Go on. I dare you.

Asking what the other optional parties would do is a valid question, there is no need to go on the attack.

No party will significantly reduce immigration in this democracy because although it most likely would win short term votes, it would damage the economy with an ageing population like ours. 
Having the ability to choose and refuse is a benefit in my mind, if used correctly but that is not the point. 
The right do use migration as tactic to stir up their voters, in a similar way the left do with racial tensions.

So much so the Liberal Democrats seem like the sanest and safest option, if only we weren’t all so polarised to see it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Have to ask, why exactly are you against migration? The below is from December 2021, so will have slightly changed, but we currently have 1.25million job vacancies. 

Is it not in our economic interest to increase migration to fill these vacancies?

The Home Secretary is current pushing an agenda against illegal migrants so not sure the relevance of her campaign to your particular gripe? 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/jobsandvacanciesintheuk/january2022

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

You’re falling for the con. The Tories have had 12 years to change the laws/legislations and they now have an 80 seat majority. There are no excuses for them and they’ve done nothing.

No such thing as leftie lawyers, just lawyers following the laws that the Conservatives have had the power to change but haven’t. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Posted it before I'm sure but I've met her and she really is extremely, extremely dense. 

i dont' believe you're alone with this opinion but never never underestimate the ability of a political party to elect a leader who is unelectable ......

22 hours ago, Zear0 said:

How do we fix it? No idea, but I'd suggest we start by stop blaming the poor as if this is their fault and it's all because they can't cook or are too dim. This is a consequence of our economic model and I'd suggest it could be fixed if people wanted to. Problem is, it'd cost them and therefore they don't. 

This is where education is needed. 

There are hundreds of thousands of new mothers spending small fortunes feeding their babies expensive formula milk when they are very capable of breast feeding. The stigma of breastfeeding needs to be removed, and it needs to become the norm again, rather than the exception. Many of these families then progress to expensive, processed, baby foods in jars and packets rather than a pureed version of the family meal. So many new mothers are very quick to think they can't breastfeed, and there are a multitude of support networks out there, but people need to be made aware. There are actually only a very tiny minority of women who are unable to breastfeed, yet millions still turn to formula milk. 

My FB feed is filled with news stories of people over the moon with their £5 frozen and processed family meal deal from the supermarket, yet they could spend less and cook a much more nutritious meal if only they knew how. So many people seem to only be able to cook frozen or processed meals, a little education could make the world of difference if people just learnt how to cook from scratch. 

These are just a few examples, and all the information is out there, but it relies on education. 

• Thanks 1