Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if truss is forced out,  who do the right get behind as their selection?  we could have braverman or badenoch !!!!!!!

maybe Liz isn’t so bad ……..

Won't be Braverman after what just happened, no? 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

One of the Tory MPs who broke the whip and didn't vote in confidence for Liz Truss is... Liz Truss

It's just crazy. Did she spend so much time shepherding people through that she forgot to go and vote herself?! Can you imagine if they had lost by 1 vote!

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

All the while this government is falling apart the country is in crisis without full attention on the job in hand

Again

It's been like that for years now. 

I am so fed up of this pathetic government I can't even watch the news or read about the latest scandal / **** up because it's painful not being able to do anything about it. 

I feel sorry for whoever (labour?) picks up the mantle from these incompetents 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Makes no difference- she has bailed out of this admin to retain her credibility. I think she could have argued to stay if she’d wanted to 

Did she? 

Sounds like the issue was a serious once, hence the push out... 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

What really upsets me about Brexit is how it was done all in the name of patriotism. Nothing screams patriotism like making the lives of many people in this country worse. 

And that any criticism of the policy was deemed 'undemocratic'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Don't think she'll last out the day. 

Sadly it doesn't matter. They will still be in power. 

This level of upheaval should be an automatic election. 

If I was Labour I might want them to have the next two years though because the hole they have dug will be too deep to come out of in tact for whoever governs over the period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Did she? 

Sounds like the issue was a serious once, hence the push out... 

Apparently there was also disagreement over immigration policy to help get the OBR numbers to stack up 

braverman will not want to show any climb downs on immigration 

Her resignation letter was pointed 

I see she has let a narrative drift out that there was no disagreement- she has seen how a lack of loyalty plays out re sunak 

shes playing a clever game - her aim is no 10 and she wants to be the ‘ERG candidate’  within the party. She will paint all the other options as being soft on brexit or disloyal 

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sadly it doesn't matter. They will still be in power. 

This level of upheaval should be an automatic election. 

If I was Labour I might want them to have the next two years though because the hole they have dug will be too deep to come out of in tact for whoever governs over the period. 

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. 

You can't just keep up the level of consistent chaos we've seen over the last 6 months and retain a mandate. They've achieved nothing apart from send the country down the shitter. The system is broken. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

The woman's obsessed.

I don't really get what her aim is with this rhetoric. Boris 2: Return of the Cvnt is the sequel we're never going to see, she knows that... So what's the long game here?