Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

What really upsets me about Brexit is how it was done all in the name of patriotism. Nothing screams patriotism like making the lives of many people in this country worse. 

I agree with you. The campaign was engineered on this narrative that the UK would be liberated and we would all live in this utopian society. Clearly, this hasn’t transpired.

Sad, because the campaign was almost built around this xenophobic view that diversity is bad for this country. 

It has stirred up so much hatred and is a massive underlying reason as to why we are in political turmoil. 

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

A very good comparison

He reigned quite a long time and made a dramatic comeback, something I doubt Truss will do. He was also a fundamentally decent, pious person who avoided conflict. The only comparison really is that he was a completely ineffectual ruler. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

He reigned quite a long time and made a dramatic comeback, something I doubt Truss will do. He was also a fundamentally decent, pious person who avoided conflict. The only comparison really is that he was a completely ineffectual ruler. 

That is the line I was thinking of. He was born to be king but was not cut out for it.  He was something of a puppet. Truss seems to be a puppet.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

No chance the party MPs let Suella get anywhere near no.10. You also have to think - if the Tory members couldn't bring themselves to vote for Rishi Sunak, would they really vote for her? 

i am certain that a ‘caretaker PM’ will be an anointed by mp’s via grubby negotiations with no need to go to the membership 

31 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I don't really get what her aim is with this rhetoric. Boris 2: Return of the Cvnt is the sequel we're never going to see, she knows that... So what's the long game here?

she has made it clear - the public could not get behind a third PM within the same admin - only boris has a mandate from the electorate. I said this from the moment he was ousted. 

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

That is the line I was thinking of. He was born to be king but was not cut out for it.  He was something of a puppet. Truss seems to be a puppet.

Truss was a puppet installed by the Johnsonites to keep the seat warm for a year ….. but they didn’t take account of just how naive and stupid she actually is 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

He wished not to be ruler. Perhaps Truss is in the same position now, though she spent most of her life trying to get it. 

• Like 1

Truss meeting 1922 committee chairman

Prime Minister Liz Truss is meeting Graham Brady, the chairman of the influential 1922 Committee of backbench MPs, No 10 has confirmed.

No reason has been given for why the meeting is taking place.

The 1922 Committee oversees the election of Conservative leaders.

How's the lettuce doing? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Truss meeting 1922 committee chairman

Prime Minister Liz Truss is meeting Graham Brady, the chairman of the influential 1922 Committee of backbench MPs, No 10 has confirmed.

No reason has been given for why the meeting is taking place.

The 1922 Committee oversees the election of Conservative leaders.

How's the lettuce doing? 

She saw hm only 48 hours ago 

Is he telling her that the game is up now or will be very soon 

whether she would  listen is another matter 

downing st has confirmed that this meeting is taking place - surely they would only be doing this if it was in her interest to do so (unless they were specifically asked the question by a journo who had been tipped off) 

20 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

It was obvious that Truss was not up to such high office. 

Yep. That’s why markets shorted the hell out of it when it over summer when it became clear she would win. Tbf to her she did exactly what she said she’d do during the leadership campaign, it’s just everyone knew it was a disaster waiting to happen 

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yep. That’s why markets shorted the hell out of it when it over summer when it became clear she would win. Tbf to her she did exactly what she said she’d do during the leadership campaign, it’s just everyone knew it was a disaster waiting to happen 

Had she just reversed the NI and introduced the energy subsidies then it would have been no issue. the corp tax reversal could have beenI amended to be a smaller increase in the near term  with a commitment to bring it back to 19% over the cycle. 

it was the batshit changes to the 45p/ acceleration of the 19p/ stamp duty changes / reduction on dividend taxes - all delivered on additional borrowing which screwed her over 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Had she just reversed the NI and introduced the energy subsidies then it would have been no issue. the corp tax reversal could have beenI amended to be a smaller increase in the near term  with a commitment to bring it back to 19% over the cycle. 

it was the batshit changes to the 45p/ acceleration of the 19p/ stamp duty changes / reduction on dividend taxes - all delivered on additional borrowing which screwed her over 

Complete lack of judgement from Truss and co.